Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:15 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:15 am  Post subject: For those who have used an emulator for SSX, how was it?  
Just wondering, because seeing as I have summer vacation currently, I'd like to try out some of the games I have not tried before, and would really like anyone to tell me what I should know about emulators.

I've seen several videos about people playing arcade, or console games on their PC with emulators but the main issue with all of them are the controls.

So yeah, anyone who has ever tried it, how did it go for you all?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:00 pm  Post subject: Re: For those who have used an emulator for SSX, how was it?  
I’ve got pcsx2 that can run the games from the original ps2 disk (or from .iso files) and use an xbox controller. Not had any controller issues, though obviously you have to remember that triangle = Y, x=A etc.

Tricky did crash during some track view cutscenes but I think that was my old graphics card, and the racers can turn invisible but hitting the select reset turns you back (no fix for the npcs that I know of)

SSX3 needed a little visual tweaking in the emulator, but nothing complex, a ten minute google quest sorted it out for me.

Hope this helps

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:07 am  Post subject: Re: For those who have used an emulator for SSX, how was it?  
I recently played through all of SSX3 using the GameCube version on Dolphin, which is one of the most stable emulators around.

The GC version has the best graphics so this is the way I would recommend playing it. It looks great in HD resolution and I had no performance issues.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:01 pm  Post subject: Re: For those who have used an emulator for SSX, how was it?  
Oh man, I really need to somehow figure out how to make replies appear on my e-mail.

First of, thank you flex and Sajjetta for replying to my post and providing me with the insight.

Sadly, I have become too busy with other things to bother with games anymore (learning two languages currently).

And my one experience using an emulator (PCSX2) was a failure as I was trying to play an arcade game called Time Crisis 2, like, I was just stuck on the "insert memory card" screen and didn't know how to proceed and gave up.

hope both of you are doing well, take care, bye :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:35 pm  Post subject: Re: For those who have used an emulator for SSX, how was it?  
PSN: Emu90
My Xbox One X is the greatest emulator ever. 4k 60fps strangely makes the game feel the way you remembered it. It just scales so well. The only thing I hate is the controller mapping on Xbox.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]