Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:15 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:18 pm  Post subject: Reasons not to go to the Store on Gray Thursday/Black Friday  
XBL: PeacefulJarl379
Ya'll know that Black Friday (and Gray Thursday), there are lots of discounts on the hottest items out there, like Xbox One and PS4, but it is also known as the busiest shopping day. Here are reasons not to go and prefer Cyber Week (the week after Thanksgiving).

1. It is the busiest shopping day.
2. Those stupid personnel make, or even FORCE you to be crowded at (insert 15 minutes before event begins)
3. Those same stupid personnel make BARRIERS in minor halls, just to crowd up the main halls.
4. You can't exit through the entry, EVEN IF YOU FOUND NOTHING.
Note: Yes, it is possible not to find what you are looking for.
5. ALL employees on duty are SUPERVISING
5.1. Which makes getting video games harder when they are enclosed, like Walmart or Target.
5.2. Or avoid you to exit, go through barriers, etc.
6. You will spend MOST of your time in a line, or trying to walk (this links to #s 2 and 3)
7. It is not handy for the handicapped. They get left out, not finding a way to escape.

That is all I can think of of this Gray Thursday experience at Walmart. Thanks to those stupid barriers and personnel.

If ya'll can think of more ideas, post them.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:17 am  Post subject: Re: Reasons not to go to the Store on Gray Thursday/Black Fr  
SSX 3: Racing: #1SSX On Tour: Showoff: #1SSX 3: Overall: #1SSX On Tour: Overall: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 8
  • Overall Best Players: #2
  • SSX 3: Racing: #1
  • SSX On Tour: Showoff: #1
  • SSX 3: Overall: #1
  • SSX On Tour: Overall: #1
  • SSX 3: Showoff: #2
  • Overall Best Players: Showoff: #2
  • SSX On Tour: Racing: #3
In the more extreme cases, you could get in the middle of a fight for products, and there are nightmare stories of deaths and serious injuries, I think only in the US thus far. I personally don't approve of this idea.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:46 pm  Post subject: Re: Reasons not to go to the Store on Gray Thursday/Black Fr  
XBL: PeacefulJarl379
898ppp wrote:
I think only in the US thus far. I personally don't approve of this idea.

AND after the day of "giving thanks". Thank you for killing me while shopping.

9. (Applies to Gray Thursday only.) People use this day to buy the Thanksgiving meal. BUT THOSE PERSONNEL AND DEATHS WONT LET YOU TO THE FOOD SECTION. (yes I heard this on 102.9 radio show)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:29 am  Post subject: Re: Reasons not to go to the Store on Gray Thursday/Black Fr  
PSN: MistressWiggle
I for one thank you Americans for this tradition.

England does not do chaos (unless you're a uni student and you want to set fire to everything and riot because of rising tuition fees) so although as of last year we have adopted the custom of "Black Friday" we of course had to have a stiff upper lip about it. The result?

Black Friday week. I have gotten so much stuff cheap on Amazon lightning deals, The Entertainer, Hollister and Superdry, I must have saved over £300 and I did all of it from the comfort of my office on the computer. All my Christmas shopping is complete and I'm completely organised, and we don't even celebrate Thanksgiving.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]