Switch to full style
Forum for Games and Chit-Chat topics. Lightly Moderated.
Post a reply

Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:16 am

So, I don't mean to be a butt, but...

How active is this website? As in, how many active users are there? Just wanted to know. Thanks.

Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:07 am

It's probably good enough to call at least the playground as good as dead at this point, but there are people who still hang around.

Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:17 pm

It's fairly active for a franchise that is largely ignored. The community was buzzing loud around e3. Stick around and come regularly, because a snowy slope is made from a single snowflake.

Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:21 pm

Depends on the status of the gaming world. I've been on thi site for a ridiculously long time and check the site every single day but a lot of people are active when the fprum is active (so during new games or game cons).

Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:46 pm

Im with what NA said :yes

Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:58 pm

A lot of people just pop in and out nowadays but if a new SSX got announced this place would blow up again. Ahhh i miss the buzz of 2012!

Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:02 pm

It's slower than it used to be, absolutely. It doesn't mean it's dead by any stretch, however the life of a video game website is largely dependent on the video game it's based on. It doesn't cost a lot to keep it online these days, and I'm always going to be the torchbearer for SSX history as long as I can.

As long as people still talk about this series I intend on keeping it online. Until it's obvious the world has moved on, I'm willing to keep the fires lit. :brucelee

Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:20 pm

gondee wrote:It's slower than it used to be, absolutely. It doesn't mean it's dead by any stretch, however the life of a video game website is largely dependent on the video game it's based on. It doesn't cost a lot to keep it online these days, and I'm always going to be the torchbearer for SSX history as long as I can.

As long as people still talk about this series I intend on keeping it online. Until it's obvious the world has moved on, I'm willing to keep the fires lit. :brucelee

I want this beacon at the peak of the next SSX game with a dedication to Merqcity and Gondee on it :thumbsup - gallery update soon :D

Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:57 pm

I'm still lurking from time to time..

Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:52 am

I've been around for a while but don't post regularly. I'll visit the site about once a week or so. Funny thing is I gave my PS3 away when I got my PS4 and I've long since not had a PS2 so I've no way of playing any SSX game at the moment. Some fan I am huh? lol.

Come on EA give me an SSX to play.

Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:46 am

I still visit merq 3-5 times a week. I just feel less inclined to post these days. Best way to describe this place is like High School. When you first join, you befriend most of the people that are active while your experience or rivalries are fresh and new. Then a lot of those people slowly disappear (graduate) on to other things. When a new game comes out its like a reunion and for a while it's exciting again because everyone comes back.

Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:13 am

I rarely come in, but I've been checking the forums more often lately, due to being free from school for a moment. I'm still hopin for a new SSX though...

Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:27 pm

Once or twice a month, I keep on trying to win the Champions Shield if FUT 15, if I get Contracts

Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:02 am

A Sick One With A Smile wrote:I'm still lurking from time to time..

Me too.

And like others said: if there's a new SSX announced, this site will blow up once again. Of course, it can never be as active as it used to be between 2003-2005 during the golden days.

Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:40 pm

Jonipoon wrote:
A Sick One With A Smile wrote:I'm still lurking from time to time..

Me too.

And like others said: if there's a new SSX announced, this site will blow up once again. Of course, it can never be as active as it used to be between 2003-2005 during the golden days.

omg i remember when i first came here back then it didn't matter what time of day you came on, at least 20 other people were on and none were bots lol

Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:35 pm

I'm still coming into the light every now and then. Mostly at school because of the 'free' lessons I have, I know sounds weird for me having free lessons in school even though it is my final year. But overall I come and visit see what peoples idea are about the next SSX or the news and who knows Batty could come on here one day and notice all this :lol
Post a reply