Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:08 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

WILL AN SSX GAME BE ANNOUNCED THIS E3 (REMAKES INCLUDED)
Poll ended at Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:56 pm
YEAH 68%  68%  [ 13 ]
NO 32%  32%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 19
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:14 pm  Post subject: Re: it's dead - E3 Anticipation Thread of SSX Hope(lessness)  
To anwser your question CityLights about will there be another ssx (sort of) : I'm going to try to put my C# coding skills to actually doing something over my summer break and try to make my own version of ssx, however I'm pretty sh*t at graphic design so don't expect anything amazing XD. It'll probably be like one track and maybe 3 characters, but hey, it appears to be more than what EA has done in the past years :) (been planning this for a long time and after this week of finals I'll be finally working on it)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:14 pm  Post subject: Re: it's dead - E3 Anticipation Thread of SSX Hope(lessness)  
Alex wrote:
What if ssx was shown at sony's conference? It's a super-duper-insanely long shot, but one can dream. :shrug

Well hey, Sony's where SSX started!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:10 pm  Post subject: Re: it's dead - E3 Anticipation Thread of SSX Hope(lessness)  
XBL: SSXGreg97
PSN: SSXGreg97YTinHD
GOD DAMN IT !!! EA!!. Uhhh I'm not giving up my hope now, not ever. I have a weird feeling that EA could surprise some news of the next SSX unexpectedly like just out of no where POOF. But still that is time i'll never get back :/

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:25 pm  Post subject: Re: it's dead - E3 Anticipation Thread of SSX Hope(lessness)  
SSXGreg97 wrote:
GOD DAMN IT !!! EA!!. Uhhh I'm not giving up my hope now, not ever. I have a weird feeling that EA could surprise some news of the next SSX unexpectedly like just out of no where POOF. But still that is time i'll never get back :/

Especially since im supposed to be studying for finals, but im not really doing that anyways :p

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:37 pm  Post subject: Re: it's dead - E3 Anticipation Thread of SSX Hope(lessness)  
XBL: WAffle3690
We're not getting a new ssx this year. I had no hope for e3 hence why i didn't hither watching it. But maybe next year or maybe we'll get some hints this up coming October like in 2010.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:46 pm  Post subject: Re: it's dead - E3 Anticipation Thread of SSX Hope(lessness)  
PSN: Emu90
Guys, Sick One is right. Wasn't SSX announced at Gamescom? Gamescom is a huge event, too. Not to underestimate it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:51 pm  Post subject: Re: it's dead - E3 Anticipation Thread of SSX Hope(lessness)  
TrickyEmu wrote:
Guys, Sick One is right. Wasn't SSX announced at Gamescom? Gamescom is a huge event, too. Not to underestimate it.

Nah, VGX.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:41 am  Post subject: Re: it's dead - E3 Anticipation Thread of SSX Hope(lessness)  
PSN: Crazy_driveR3
citylights wrote:
TrickyEmu wrote:

Nah, VGX.

*goes into youtube and rewatched the original annoucement*

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:34 pm  Post subject: Re: it's dead - E3 Anticipation Thread of SSX Hope(lessness)  
thejaker wrote:
SSXGreg97 wrote:

Especially since im supposed to be studying for finals, but im not really doing that anyways :p

Haha yeah I had finals as well bit of a let down :|

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:00 pm  Post subject: Re: it's dead - E3 Anticipation Thread of SSX Hope(lessness)  
PSN: martymcflyy85
I don't understand why we can't at least get an HD collection of the original 3 games? I mean, I know that Todd Batty mentioned that they didn't have the tools to do it. But if they can do it on Dolphin, why can't EA do it too?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:48 pm  Post subject: Re: it's dead - E3 Anticipation Thread of SSX Hope(lessness)  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
martymcflyy85 wrote:
I don't understand why we can't at least get an HD collection of the original 3 games? I mean, I know that Todd Batty mentioned that they didn't have the tools to do it. But if they can do it on Dolphin, why can't EA do it too?

What do you mean, they can do it on Dolphin? You mean ROMs on an Emulator? In that case, I think they're just upscaling the origiinal games.

You need the guts of a game to be able to do an HD collection. They lost all that stuff except for a few track geometries.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:17 pm  Post subject: Re: it's dead - E3 Anticipation Thread of SSX Hope(lessness)  
It should also be noted that licensing will pose a problem, since the games had a star-studded cast and soundtrack. All in all, the time and effort that would go into a remake is comparable to a full-fledged game, and I don't blame Burnaby if they want to take their own stab at it again.

The biggest chance I see for HD versions is the rumored PS4 support for disc-based, native emulation with upscaling. We have no idea how legitimate that is or how close we are to getting it, though.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:07 pm  Post subject: Re: it's dead - E3 Anticipation Thread of SSX Hope(lessness)  
PSN: martymcflyy85
Upscaling the original games is fine with me. I just want to be able to play them on a current console.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:08 pm  Post subject: Re: it's dead - E3 Anticipation Thread of SSX Hope(lessness)  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #2
  • SSX Blur: Overall: #3
PSN: PabloYeti
martymcflyy85 wrote:
Upscaling the original games is fine with me. I just want to be able to play them on a current console.

Yep - Im with Marty :) :yes :thumbsup

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:34 pm  Post subject: Re: it's dead - E3 Anticipation Thread of SSX Hope(lessness)  
;___; I took a nap and dreamed Batty posted here and he said there would be a new SSX, but it would be a spinoff or non-traditional and he also included one screenshot, it was all open world and like On Tour with other skiers and snowboarders. He said we would get more details later and then in my dream I checked Peter Moore's Twitter and he tweeted a single tweet with a snowboarder emoji to hint that they were working on it.

So I came here to check and there is nothing. So I'll just keep dreaming.

*edit Today I learned: who knew that snowboard emojis can break this site? :heh

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:19 pm  Post subject: Re: it's dead - E3 Anticipation Thread of SSX Hope(lessness)  
TrickyEmu wrote:

What do you mean Emu? Did something happen with the site?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:34 pm  Post subject: Re: it's dead - E3 Anticipation Thread of SSX Hope(lessness)  
gondee wrote:
TrickyEmu wrote:

I think he means that if you try to post an emoji from your phone, an error will occur. I don't think emoticons work, but I haven't tried it on the mobile site.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:24 pm  Post subject: Re: it's dead - E3 Anticipation Thread of SSX Hope(lessness)  
gondee wrote:
TrickyEmu wrote:

Not with the site. Just on my end.
Then I include this emoji in my post
http://www.iemoji.com/view/emoji/638/objects/snowboarder
I get this:
http://i.imgur.com/7VPBjCG.jpg
But it's all coo. Row 1 was the snowboarder emoji I used. When I removed it it was all fine.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:24 am  Post subject: Re: it's dead - E3 Anticipation Thread of SSX Hope(lessness)  
PSN: jonipooon
Gamescooooooom here we cooooome!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:45 pm  Post subject: Re: it's dead - E3 Anticipation Thread of SSX Hope(lessness)  
PSN: CharmyDweeng
i was at E3 this year

nothing to report tho

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:07 am  Post subject: Re: it's dead - E3 Anticipation Thread of SSX Hope(lessness)  
PSN: jonipooon
If a sequel to SSX 2012 really is announced though, I wonder what they'll name it.

SSX II sounds like a plausible working title. However, if taking current trends into account, eventually a silly subheader will probably be used.

SSX Legends
SSX Ultimates
SSX Champions

It would be awesome if they went with something like "SSX Tricky 2", or "SSX Trickier", but I highly doubt that.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:41 pm  Post subject: Re: it's dead - E3 Anticipation Thread of SSX Hope(lessness)  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #2
  • SSX Blur: Overall: #3
PSN: PabloYeti
Jonipoon wrote:
If a sequel to SSX 2012 really is announced though, I wonder what they'll name it.

SSX II sounds like a plausible working title. However, if taking current trends into account, eventually a silly subheader will probably be used.

SSX Legends
SSX Ultimates
SSX Champions

It would be awesome if they went with something like "SSX Tricky 2", or "SSX Trickier", but I highly doubt that.

Liking the titles Joni :thumbsup
Id want something to go with the fan art stuff so - SSX 'Back to the Mountain' or something

Legends would be good if we could revisit some old tracks with all the characters. Didnt Atomica say there was going to be an 'All Stars' event during Blur radio?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:26 pm  Post subject: Re: it's dead - E3 Anticipation Thread of SSX Hope(lessness)  
PSN: new one - PM me
Hey merpers, long time no see, i'll try to get some sneaky infos about a hypothetical new SSX at the gamescom :D
Will let you know *fingerscrossed*

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:01 am  Post subject: Re: it's dead - E3 Anticipation Thread of SSX Hope(lessness)  
Good luck Kij! :woot

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:13 pm  Post subject: Re: it's dead - E3 Anticipation Thread of SSX Hope(lessness)  
Kijooki wrote:
Hey merpers, long time no see, i'll try to get some sneaky infos about a hypothetical new SSX at the gamescom :D
Will let you know *fingerscrossed*

That would be awesome, cheers Kijooki :china

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 5 of 6 [ 126 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6