Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:25 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

WILL AN SSX GAME BE ANNOUNCED THIS E3 (REMAKES INCLUDED)
Poll ended at Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:56 pm
YEAH 68%  68%  [ 13 ]
NO 32%  32%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 19
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:20 am  Post subject: Re: 70 Days Left - E3 Anticipation Thread of SSX Hope(lessne  
You know, I'd like to see the old tracks again. But altered, like they were changed going from the first game to Tricky. I always liked the idea that it's like a world circuit with the same tracks each year, and some new ones now and then. I think it's probably been long enough to avoid being called a rehash :D

Online wise, I felt 2012 maybe spread itself a bit too thin. There were just so many different events that some didn't have very much activity. If there were like 12 or 15 or whatever tracks, it would probably stay a bit more focused. It would be cool racing head to head against like ten people. I don't know if it would get too old too fast though, 2012 certainly had variety

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:40 pm  Post subject: Re: 60 Days Left - E3 Anticipation Thread of SSX Hope(lessne  
Friendly reminder that E3 is in two months. :rock

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 1:34 pm  Post subject: Re: 44 Days Left - E3 Anticipation Thread of SSX Hope(lessne  
PSN: martymcflyy85
Come on EA....Give me an announcement. Please!!!

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 2:09 am  Post subject: Re: 44 Days Left - E3 Anticipation Thread of SSX Hope(lessne  
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX 3: Racing: #2
Oh my god this is intense!!! I really hope there's a new release, and on ps3 as well!

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 4:31 pm  Post subject: Re: 44 Days Left - E3 Anticipation Thread of SSX Hope(lessne  
Bring on the 'Definitive Edition" for the PS4 and X1. :yes

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 4:51 pm  Post subject: Re: 44 Days Left - E3 Anticipation Thread of SSX Hope(lessne  
Sorry m8 but its not definitive if its not on PC :tridentwhite

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 7:45 pm  Post subject: Re: 44 Days Left - E3 Anticipation Thread of SSX Hope(lessne  
It's about time I give y'all an update:

The presser will be on June 15th at 1pm PST. Some sources say it's 2.5 hours, others 1 hour. 1 hour is much more likely, with demo time for the press consisting of the rest of the 2.5 hour block. A Wils didn't really mention anything about the presser in his prepared comments for the annual briefing. For reference, he mentioned last year the their conference would contain "6 world premieres" (we all know how that turned out). It could be that they don't want to disappoint again, or that they would say something like that but this year is gonna be so bad they can't even. Let's hope for the former, lol.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 5:16 am  Post subject: Re: 32 Days Left - E3 Anticipation Thread of SSX Hope(lessne  
  • SSX 3: Racing: #2
Can't wait!!! :woot

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 12:53 pm  Post subject: Re: 32 Days Left - E3 Anticipation Thread of SSX Hope(lessne  
PSN: MistressWiggle
Fingers crossed. I so hope it's the news we were waiting for.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 3:27 pm  Post subject: Re: 32 Days Left - E3 Anticipation Thread of SSX Hope(lessne  
PSN: Emu90
They better drop SSX :( I miss this game. I'm getting to old. My reflexes are not what they used to be. Some day I might be like Gondee and fall in every crevasse.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 6:24 pm  Post subject: Re: 32 Days Left - E3 Anticipation Thread of SSX Hope(lessne  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Quote:
My reflexes are not what they used to be. Some day I might be like Gondee and fall in every crevasse.

Uhh, I've hacked SSX 2012 and there's code inserted there by Batty that says:

Code:
if gondee {
turn on CREVASSE VACUUM MODE
}

So I was sucked into those pits by a vacuum. :heh

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 5:50 pm  Post subject: Re: 26 Days Left - E3 Anticipation Thread of SSX Hope(lessne  
@Gondee Sure sure.. :P

I think if they did one last SSX, it should be a prequel to the original SSX. It should play in the late 80s and 90s. Oh... it would give me chills. Meeting young Moby, Elise, kid Kaori...

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 7:57 pm  Post subject: Re: 26 Days Left - E3 Anticipation Thread of SSX Hope(lessne  
XBL: SSXGreg97
PSN: SSXGreg97YTinHD
I would agree with most of you here going back in time and doing a HD Remake or some sort of SSX relating the young ages. But I'm a little worried about how it will look on next-gen or it will also be on last-gen 30fps consoles. I've seen a lot of EA fans trying to push EA to remake some of the old franchised games into a HD edition. Most of the peeps that work at EA have told fans it's not going to happen. This just raises an eyebrow for me a little bit. I could be wrong but this is what I'm little bit worried about. :shrug

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 8:08 am  Post subject: Re: 25 Days Left - E3 Anticipation Thread of SSX Hope(lessne  
Ok hold on. Recent developments had me changing my mind. Check out this electric wakeboard. This could really change the way we see SSX.

Exhibit 1

Exhibit 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6G6XkyBAxY

We could now have SSX play in oceans, lakes, rivers, waterparks. SSX could be an event that involves more than one sport. I think that would also appeal to more gamers. Who knows, maybe that's what EA is doing.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 2:28 pm  Post subject: Re: 24 Days Left - E3 Anticipation Thread of SSX Hope(lessne  
Added a countdown timer to the OP. :heh

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 11:21 am  Post subject: Re: 24 Days Left - E3 Anticipation Thread of SSX Hope(lessne  
XBL: joejakt
City, you've gone mad with power :heh

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 6:53 am  Post subject: Re: 23 Days Left - E3 Anticipation Thread of SSX Hope(lessne  
PSN: jonipooon
Woah. Been gone for a little while and I come back to a pumped community. Or should I say, one pumped citylights. :lol

I actually voted "NO", but that was before I finished reading the first post. As usual, I don't wanna keep any hopes up but who knows - I might be surprised.

I'd love EA to make a game set after SSX 3, ignoring the events of On Tour, Blur and 2012. It's not that I hate those games, I just felt they did things to the characters that just felt totally wrong. It would be nice to return to when most of the characters were in their early 20's.

I also like the idea of a prequel, however how far back can you go? Mac and Kaori were only 15/16 in the first SSX if I remember correctly. In a possible prequel they would be like little Griffs.... Not sure if I would like that.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 1:05 pm  Post subject: Re: 24 Days Left - E3 Anticipation Thread of SSX Hope(lessne  
jjakt wrote:
City, you've gone mad with power :heh
Jonipoon wrote:
Woah. Been gone for a little while and I come back to a pumped community. Or should I say, one pumped citylights. :lol

I just thought it wasn't E3 without a good hype thread. Now I'm afraid of what I've created.

NEW INFO:
martymcflyy85 wrote:
The following link shows the trademark history of SSX containing the official documents/applications necessary for EA to own the name. You will notice that EA recently applied to renew the trademark on Nov 25, 2014 and the application was accepted on Dec 22, 2014 for "computer game software and related instruction manuals sold together as a unit." The last time this happened was March 2, 2011...about one year before SSX 2012 released.

http://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=78469260&caseType=SERIAL_NO&searchType=documentSearch

Thanks to marty for the scoop.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 1:58 pm  Post subject: Re: 18 Days Left - E3 Anticipation Thread of SSX Hope(lessne  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #2
  • SSX Blur: Overall: #3
PSN: PabloYeti
AWESOME NEWS ABOVE POST :thumbsup

dont forget - art and ideas wanted in the Fan Art section please
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11662

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 12:52 am  Post subject: Re: 18 Days Left - E3 Anticipation Thread of SSX Hope(lessne  
PSN: jonipooon
I like it!

I can't take more gaming disappointments... A few months ago the new Silent Hills was cancelled, Kojima was fired from Konami, Konami went out with a new public statement saying their "future of gaming lies within the mobile market", and on top of that I just heard some rumors that Bethesda WON'T be announcing an Elder Scrolls 6 this year. Gosh... Maybe SSX can be my big savior.

Why do all my favourite games always get overlooked...

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 8:17 am  Post subject: Re: 18 Days Left - E3 Anticipation Thread of SSX Hope(lessne  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
You can probably count on Beth's announcement being Fallout 4. They only really work on one game at a time, and it's Fallout's turn. It would be too soon for a new Elder Scrolls, even though it's been four years.

On topic - like I mentioned in the other thread; a trademark announcement isn't necessarily tied to a new release. Last time, EA trademarked SSX in 2011 AFTER they had announced SSX in 2010. It could be there is no relation between the two and EA just wanted to be proactive about their trademarks. My verdict is "cautiously optimistic."

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 5:00 am  Post subject: Re: 18 Days Left - E3 Anticipation Thread of SSX Hope(lessne  
Recently been seeing a lot of people making predictions for an SSX4. So I'm really hoping the predictions are true. *crosses fingers, toes, arms, legs, and anything else that can be crossed*

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 7:52 am  Post subject: Re: 17 Days Left - E3 Anticipation Thread of SSX Hope(lessne  
PSN: hypnotic_boogie
IF THERE IS A NEW SSX, SOMEONES GOING TO ANSWER TO WHY AM I NOT ON THE ARTIST TEAM D:<

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 9:56 am  Post subject: Re: 17 Days Left - E3 Anticipation Thread of SSX Hope(lessne  
XBL: joejakt
Boogie wrote:
IF THERE IS A NEW SSX, SOMEONES GOING TO ANSWER TO WHY AM I NOT ON THE ARTIST TEAM D:<

I had a little bit of a theory going on in my head that you and Yeti actully were, which would explain why you've been quiet on the forums....until you posted this

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 1:53 pm  Post subject: Re: 17 Days Left - E3 Anticipation Thread of SSX Hope(lessne  
jjakt wrote:
Boogie wrote:

I had a little bit of a theory going on in my head that you and Yeti actully were, which would explain why you've been quiet on the forums....until you posted this

I'm glad I'm not the only one doing this, because I had this whole conspiracy theory about how Boogie and Charms were in on it. :lol :lol :lol

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 2 of 6 [ 126 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6