Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:19 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:25 pm  Post subject: Your Story  
XBL: PeacefulJarl379
Here you tell a bit about yourself and how you got here.

The Story of PeacefulJarl379

PeacefulJarl379 became famous in 2014, but that does not mean he is cool.
In 2004, PJ got his first gaming console, the N64. He only had 1 game, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater. PJ could never get to the last level, and later he went to a flea market. At the Flea Market, he found THPS 2 for around 15 bucks. Later in 2006, he got the PS2, first game being Cars, later getting THAW.
Next year, he found SSX at a store, and bought it. He booted it up, and, he failed because he couldnt turn Mac while pressing X. Then he found SSX 3, being successful at peak 1. Then, around the time he got SSX3, he got his first laptop. He was looking for maps, then he stumbled into merqury city. He later found the gravitude bar, reading some topics, and discovered SSX blur, which he doesnt own.
In 2014, he finally founded his email which you can find at his site, click the image in his signature, and joined the bar, being really familiar with the members, but the members don't know him familiar.

Quote:
Every Gravituder has a story, write yours.

-PeacefulJarl379

Last edited by PeacefulJarl379 on Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:50 am  Post subject: Re: Your Story  
XBL: Joshie2499
PSN: Joshie2499
The Story of Joshie
Hello gentleladies and gentlemen. On behalf of Sir. PeacefulJarl, I shall conduct a small brief chapter of my story and how I got here.

First of all, story first goes like this...
When a mother and father love eachother very much, they settle down and... no wait, that's too far down my history.

I was born in 1999 on the month of April (yes, that still makes me young lol gtfo). He was born a noob and will die a noob, well... until he found this site. I had my first console I think in 2003/4 and that was the... (drumroll please)

THE PLAYSTATION! (the 1994 model, not the 'PSOne' model)
So wanna know my first game on Playstation? Ok, sure...

It was Spiderman! Oh man, that game was awesome but confusing to play. After that, I resorted to a game called Dancing Stage (Dance Dance Revolution in US) and it rocked! Moving my feet around to the dancers like wtf I was like the flash. The next console I had was the PS2 on the next following year. First game on there I believe was James Bond 007: Everything or Nothing (WHICH IS AN EXPLOSIVELY FUN GAME) and then the next game I had for it was SSX Tricky then Tony Hawks Underground.

Following on to Christmas of 2006, I got SSX on Tour, Star Wars: Battlefront 2, The Simpsons: Hit and Run (basically my first 'GTA' game lol) and Need for Speed: Underground 2. I just wanted to hug everyone back then because these games were just too good.

Then after Christmas, I started my YouTube career (I was 8, go ban me iyw) creating stop-motion lego stuff and tutorials. I did get a significant amount of views and subscribers back then until I had to close it down due to my age. Then I started another account called 'SpoofFilmsInc' which consisted of mostly the same thing but I wanted to do some parodies and comedy videos.

This was also where I uploaded my SSX videos until... someone found out I was too young... again. (I was 12)

So in memory of my old channel, I started to find forums on this website called Merqurycity.com, which is where I found alot of cool SSX related stuff and also alot of snowboarding masters. I joined the site on Thursday 15th September 2011.

I'm not sure what else to say here except that he then became a noob, played on Minecraft and other countless bullshit until he turned into the almighty retard he is today.

For Christmas, he's going to piss down the house and try to be as jolly as possible despite the Tonsillitis he has been given. Unfortunately, he won't be drinking his lager (dw it's legal here) with his family but instead will be sipping down his tea in the spirit that is St. Nick.

Later :P

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:08 pm  Post subject: Re: Your Story  
Nice to see some fresh topics going around.

When I was around the age of 3, I played Grand theft auto: Vice City on a relative's PS2. I was then hooked on gaming for life.

I've had a PS1, PS2, PS3, Gameboy, DS Lite, DSi, 3DS, Xbox 360, and my personal favorite, a gaming PC. I don't play on anything but my PC anymore because I'm a framerate freak and I love Keyboard+Mouse.

I got into SSX shortly after the demo of 2012 was released. I played the demo and then was convinced to get the game. I then proceeded to play almost nothing but 2012 for months on end. (I also beat batty in some 3-2-1-go events shortly after they were released which I made waaaay too big of a deal about)

Not being able to play SSX anymore is the only reason I'm sad I don't own any consoles anymore, but I ended up going back and playing SSX 3 and On Tour on emulators. Shame I missed them when they came out.

I started playing Osu! 4 months ago, and recently made it into the top 100 players in my country. Go me.

I have a youtube channel where I mostly upload short clips of funny failstates/situations in games, or full comboed beatmaps in Osu!. Been too lazy to upload some of them, lol. https://www.youtube.com/user/MahoganyTooth92/videos

For christmas, I was going to get a 144hz monitor until it refused to do exactly what it's supposed to do >_>

Working on returning it and probably going to get a graphic design tablet to play Osu! on, because my mouse area is incredibly small.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:54 pm  Post subject: Re: Your Story  
Story of SSX_Nigel
Once upon a time, when i was 5 or 6 years old, my brother wanted to borrow our cousins nintendo gamecube. He probably wanted to borrow it for Naruto clash of ninja which is his favorite anime. When he borrowed it, i wanted to play the GC aswell, so i popped in NFL Street and i wasn't very good, but im happy i tried something new and enjoyed it. When we gave the GC back to him, i wasn't that sad because i never tried ssx yet. But the next time we borrowed it, he gave it to us and the games he had. I popped in SSX 3, i have to tell you, that was the best decision i have ever done in my life. Ever. I loved SSX 3 and i still do. Next, i watched SSX tricky videos when i was 7, i didnt really like it because i was used to ssx 3 graphics but i was wrong. For some reason, i didnt get any ssx game til december 2013. I still played ssx 3 all day everyday til 2013, but i started watching ssx 2012 videos. The week i watched it was the week i bought it. My next game was SSX tricky, i loved it, played it for days, and completed everything with Psymon. I got On tour but it took a while for me to get used to. I got ssx blur and beat the tournament and got every gold medal in a week. I knew about this website forever, but never used it til February 2014, but , made my account on January 2015. PS. I really want a ps2 so i can have all ssx's because i only need ssx classic then i have all ssx's except the gba and psp games. Also, As soon as i clicked psymon, i knew he was the right game character for me til the day i die. -Nigel last thing, There is an ssx on tour character named Nigel :lol :lol

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:06 pm  Post subject: Re: Your Story  
SSX_Nigel wrote:
Also, As soon as i clicked psymon, i knew he was the right game character for me til the day i die.l

I think you are gonna be sad if you get SSX (2000), because Psymon aint there.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:16 pm  Post subject: Re: Your Story  
PeacefulJarl wrote:
SSX_Nigel wrote:
Also, As soon as i clicked psymon, i knew he was the right game character for me til the day i die.l

Yep, sadly he isnt because tricky is his first apperance, but i dont own a ps2 or the game so i can't play it. But if i do ever get it, ill just play as everyone. Moby and mac mostly though.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:29 am  Post subject: Re: Your Story  
SSX_Nigel wrote:
PeacefulJarl wrote:

But if i do ever get it, ill just play as everyone. Moby and mac mostly though.

That's pretty cool. You can play as Hiro and Jurgen, the most obscure SSX characters in the series. Man, I wished they made a return but Jurgen would probably be old af :lol .

Also to mention, the controls on SSX (2000) seem different to the other games. From what I've been playing, it seems like you can spin with the directional stick AND D-Pad which I'm not useful with at all. Second thing, no Uber tricks. You gotta stick with the amazing trick called the 'UNETHICAL EXPERIMENTAL' for all the points. :D

Third thing, don't get used to the maps straight away because of their returns in other games. Each map you see use in SSX Tricky from SSX (2000) is TOTALLY different. Some key parts of the track would be included but mostly, it's a different tracks all together. Like at the start of Merqury City Meltdown, you split tracks and you land in a small half pipe followed by a big jump. Didn't see that coming? xD

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:01 am  Post subject: Re: Your Story  
SpoofFilmsinc wrote:
Also to mention, the controls on SSX (2000) seem different to the other games. From what I've been playing, it seems like you can spin with the directional stick AND D-Pad which I'm not useful with at all. Second thing, no Uber tricks. You gotta stick with the amazing trick called the 'UNETHICAL EXPERIMENTAL' for all the points. :D

You also got to bust out stiffies and flying squirrels, because the X-perimental will make your score lower if that is the only trick U use.

[mac] [moby] [elise] [kaori] [jurgen] [jp] [zoessx] [hiro] These are the characters.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:12 am  Post subject: Re: Your Story  
PeacefulJarl wrote:
SpoofFilmsinc wrote:

You also got to bust out stiffies and flying squirrels, because the X-perimental will make your score lower if that is the only trick U use.

[mac] [moby] [elise] [kaori] [jurgen] [jp] [zoessx] [hiro] These are the characters.

How do u do those ssx emojis? They look sooo cool

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:07 pm  Post subject: Re: Your Story  
Click "View more smilies" in the message preview screen. It'll bring up a bunch of extra emotes. :battyyes

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:05 pm  Post subject: Re: Your Story  
You could also write manualy the codes:

Code:
Mac: [mac]  Moby: [moby] Elise: [elise] Kaori: [kaori] Jurgen: [jurgen] JP: [jp] Zoe, SSX 1 style: [zoessx] Hiro: [hiro]

They all work, see?: Mac: [mac] Moby: [moby] Elise: [elise] Kaori: [kaori] Jurgen: [jurgen] JP: [jp] Zoe, SSX 1 style: [zoessx] Hiro: [hiro]

Just copied the code into the other line.

:notmyfather

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:53 pm  Post subject: Re: Your Story  
Thx u both! [psymon] [psymonblur] [psymonontour] [psymon2] but no 2012 :cry

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:06 pm  Post subject: Re: Your Story  
This post was the stupidest of posts.

gondee delete this post sir

Last edited by PeacefulJarl379 on Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:57 am  Post subject: Re: Your Story  
PeacefulJarl wrote:
gondee is lazy.

Let's make that bold shall we? :lol

You seriously don't know who made most of these smilies don't you?

Anyway's the designer's called Yeti. I think he's busy doing more of his own works and designs right now but he does come on here now and then... (dunno the last time I've seen him) :(

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:18 pm  Post subject: Re: Your Story  
I am stupid. He still goes on the site.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:35 pm  Post subject: Re: Your Story  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
SpoofFilmsinc wrote:
PeacefulJarl wrote:
gondee is lazy.

Let's make that bold shall we? :lol

I'm not following - why am I lazy? :heh If it's because I didn't create all the SSX 2012 smilies, that was a community effort and no one ever created them for SSX 2012. The ball never got rolling, as they say.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:04 pm  Post subject: Re: Your Story  
You're only lazy because you've been busting your ass off creating a new mobile page for us fans. That's how lazy you are. *insert sarcasm* :heh

Have some respect people, c'mon. This guy's the king of kings!

P.S Don't bother editing the post Jarl, we know what you said. :lol

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:21 pm  Post subject: Re: Your Story  
The king of kings is the sun, then the earth, than me!(Jarl is king in skyrim i suppose so you lose)

EDIT:[quote=SpoofFilmsinc]what he said[/quote]

WHO THE F CARES?

EDIT NUMBER 2:This is going off topic. Back on task i guess :heh

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:40 pm  Post subject: Re: Your Story  
Lol, you're the one making it off-topic. Dunno what you're on about buddy. Have you been drinking or something? :D *Joshie flies away*

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:55 pm  Post subject: Re: Your Story  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
No worries you all, I was only kidding. Back to your regularly scheduled program. :china

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:11 pm  Post subject: Re: Your Story  
Thanks G. NEXT STORY!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:18 am  Post subject: Re: Your Story  
THE STORY OF Image

I got a PlayStation for christmas in 1998. Me and by best friend both wanted one for christmas and there had been some debate between our mothers on whether giving us PlayStations would start an era of uncontrollable violence in the home. But in the end, they relented, probably because my friend was spoiled as hell, and it would have been cruel of my parents to ignore my wish when my best friend was clearly going to get his no matter what. On christmas, I opened the gift and I cried tears of happiness. I was 10.

I played some bad ass games, the most bas ass games ever came out around that time... Final Fantasy 7, Gran Turismo 2, Metal Gear Solid. It was AWESOME. But mostly we would just play the demo discs you would get from the Official PlayStation Magazine. Just the demo of a game could last us months, actually buying a game took months of saving up.

Later I started to drift more toward PC gaming. It was (is) huge in Sweden and there were some badass games like Age of Empires, Baldur's Gate, Quake 3, Medal of Honor: Allied Assault, Jedi Knight, Half-Life, GTA, The Sims. It was great.

The rumors of the PS2 came gradually. At this time, you didn't really have the internet. Well you did but not the kind of information flow we have today. I had no idea where to go to find out stuff. So when people in school talked all this shit about the PS2 already existing in Japan and it being 1000 times more powerful than the PS1 there was no way to know what was true. All I knew was that PS1 was 32 bit, N64 was 64 but (obviously) and PS2 was going to be 128 bit! It turned out that was the last time anyone cared about "bits", but to me it sounded great!

So when my friends got a Ps2 for christmas right after it launched, I was pretty psyched. The only games thay had were GT3 and SSX, and SSX was much more fun to play together. I was mindblown! It was so much fun. The graphics were so nice, and the sense of speed was incredible. I even dreamed of having Elise as my virtual girlfriend.

But it took another year before I got a PS2, and by that time Tricky had come out. We got Tricky and it was soo amazing. It really holds up better as a game than the original SSX. We would hang out a bunch of guys and try to beat each other's scores and shit. I was like 13 at this time.

SSX 3 came out and I think I got it for christmas 2003. I remember it very clearly because it came right at the time in life when you start figuring out who you want to be. I got an MP3 player for christmas that year too and I put some metal music on there (In Flames) and listened to it while I played SSX 3. And that became really important to me at that time. On the 26th, after playing for two days straight, I went on GameFAQs and found this forum. And I've been here ever since.

SSX 3 became such a big part of my identity at that time. This forum became my online family and I would draw the characters from SSX and upload it here. I started designing signatures and avatars for people and thereby learning Photoshop, which sparked my interest in digital design, which is my job today. I'd spend endless night in the chat room, and there I met NA, and we fell in love. Even though she's in England and I'm Sweden we managed to meet up and became a couple. We lasted 3 and a half years, we didn't break up until I was 20!

So, even though I haven't had a huge interest in SSX (I bought the new one used but I can't get into it) since I was about 15, this forum had a big impact on my life. Which is cool!

:thumbsup

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:00 pm  Post subject: Re: Your Story  
Hey there Flexx, haven't seen you for some time. :heh

That was a very nice story. I have to say also that it made me abit sad about what happened to you and NA but you two still had an amazing bond together as a couple.

Unfortunately, the chat room is unavailable but when it's back on, maybe we should be up for talking one day? There's a lot of new members who haven't used the chat room yet and it'll be great to keep in touch with the SSX community! :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:26 am  Post subject: Re: Your Story  
SpoofFilmsinc wrote:
Hey there Flexx, haven't seen you for some time. :heh

That was a very nice story. I have to say also that it made me abit sad about what happened to you and NA but you two still had an amazing bond together as a couple.

Unfortunately, the chat room is unavailable but when it's back on, maybe we should be up for talking one day? There's a lot of new members who haven't used the chat room yet and it'll be great to keep in touch with the SSX community! :D

It was sad at one point but it's so long ago now! NA is engaged now :cheers and I just bought a flat with my girlfriend. Life goes on!

I'm totally up for chatting! I check the chat room from time to time but I never seem to catch anyone in there.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:38 am  Post subject: Re: Your Story  
flexxx wrote:
I'm totally up for chatting! I check the chat room from time to time but I never seem to catch anyone in there.

That's strange, so everyone on Merqury City is banned from chat except for you. :lol

But I don't know what happened to the old chat room, it looked better than Operanet (Mibbit) chatrooms if you ask me. lol
I'll see if it there's an alternative chat host that'll serve as SSX's chat room. Gondee's looking for something to replace it otherwise it'll get removed.

Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  1, 2