Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:10 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:17 am  Post subject: Re: Final Fantasy Topic  
PSN: new one - PM me
O M G O M G O M G

:woot :woot :woot :woot :woot :woot

(just woke up and checked, u were the first Vix ahah)

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/fabula/LightningReturnsFFXIII/

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:21 am  Post subject: Re: Final Fantasy Topic  
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/09/01/lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii-announced

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:37 am  Post subject: Re: Final Fantasy Topic  
Ugh....ANOTHER 13 GAME!?
Fuck this.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:56 am  Post subject: Re: Final Fantasy Topic  
Don't drag people down if you don't like it :D

Not talking about the gameplay system changes and technical features, I'm kinda sceptical too about the real story, if it's a sequel to FFXIII-2 or a simple back-to-the-beginning title, cause the end of FFXIII-2 was soooo frustrating and depressing :glare

The nice point if that you play with Lightning herself again and not her sister and some unknown dude. xD

and that thing said, i secretly wished they had announced Versus :cry

http://uk.ign.com/videos/2012/08/31/lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii-announcement-presentation
(the music gave me goose skin)

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/8/31/3284229/lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii-revealed-by-square-enix

https://www.facebook.com/LightningReturnsFFXIII

(everyone asking for changing the logo xD)

gosh so many things to read now :heh

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:55 am  Post subject: Re: Final Fantasy Topic  
Look, 13 was an okay series, but they are dragging it out WAY too much.
Just give it up, 13 was a good game, and it didn't need a sequel, and it should have been left at that.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:23 am  Post subject: Re: Final Fantasy Topic  
Agreed on that point. Not the best series. I wish it was a Versus announcement. But they couldn't leave it with such a depressing ending in XIII-2.
There was a vox populi consensus base to say that something needed to be done, that's why they released that weird DLC in May. At least they'd better do an awesome closing chapter.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:30 am  Post subject: Re: Final Fantasy Topic  
PSN: MistressWiggle
Salariedcat7507 wrote:
Look, 13 was an okay series, but they are dragging it out WAY too much.
Just give it up, 13 was a good game, and it didn't need a sequel, and it should have been left at that.

This.

Both games that got sequels 10 and 13 were the two games that should have been left well alone. 7 and 12 were the ones most deserving of sequels and I'm certain 12's sequel would have been less shit if it had been made for PS not DS.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:37 am  Post subject: Re: Final Fantasy Topic  
7 had like...4 sequels?
....so yeah....

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:47 am  Post subject: Re: Final Fantasy Topic  
All in all i would have preferred a Versus announcement.

7 and 12 are to me the best series. but well. they decided to surf on the waves of Lightning's success.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:17 pm  Post subject: Re: Final Fantasy Topic  
Attack Duck Owner
PSN: VixDiesel
I was gonna say....7 had more spin off shit and movie's and blah blah blah than the 13 series is getting...I think...

And as far as XIII-3 goes, which this basically is....I am not liking the doom clock. Has me meh to it.

And if they didn't end 2 on such a shitty ass moronic note, 2 could have been the end of it and they could have put the resources into versus. But no....they have to milk 13 like they milked 7. And they still haven't even done the remake of 7 that everyone and their mother wants.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:15 am  Post subject: Re: Final Fantasy Topic  

Agreed. Kupo!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:15 am  Post subject: Re: Final Fantasy Topic  
PSN: GeeFunk2010
"The room is spinning, kupo... Chocobos... The Chocobos are dancing! Huh? What Chocobos, kupo? The ones in my head, silly!"

I'm going to stand outside, so if anyone asks I'm outstanding :tridentwhite

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:24 am  Post subject: Re: Final Fantasy Topic  
vix wrote:
I was gonna say....7 had more spin off shit and movie's and blah blah blah than the 13 series is getting...I think...

And as far as XIII-3 goes, which this basically is....I am not liking the doom clock. Has me meh to it.

And if they didn't end 2 on such a shitty ass moronic note, 2 could have been the end of it and they could have put the resources into versus. But no....they have to milk 13 like they milked 7. And they still haven't even done the remake of 7 that everyone and their mother wants.

Yeah sorry, I was only aware 7 had a movie and the PSP game.

Ah wells.

Moogles looked best in FF12 as well come to think of it. Resembling Bunnies ftw.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:25 pm  Post subject: Re: Final Fantasy Topic  
You mean these ?

:D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:54 pm  Post subject: Re: Final Fantasy Topic  
Attack Duck Owner
NA wrote:

Yeah sorry, I was only aware 7 had a movie and the PSP game.

Ah wells.

Moogles looked best in FF12 as well come to think of it. Resembling Bunnies ftw.

7 has the psp game, a ps2 came, two version of advent children, i think one or two mobile games, and i think something else, if not more. not to mention all the merchandising they did too. figurines, custom ps3's, etc.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:27 am  Post subject: Re: Final Fantasy Topic  
Of course i saw that coming...

http://www.examiner.com/article/square-enix-explains-why-final-fantasy-versus-xiii-won-t-be-at-tokyo-game-show

:frusty :frusty :frusty really starting pissing me the hell off ...

http://gamingbolt.com/square-enix-tgs-2012-line-up-revealed-no-lightning-returns-or-versus

http://www.vg247.com/2012/09/03/square-enix-reveals-tgs-lineup-black-ops-2-included/

(funny that SE publishes an Activision title in Japan)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:13 am  Post subject: Re: Final Fantasy Topic  
Kijooki wrote:
You mean these ?

:D

GurdywasthecutestfuckingthingeverOMFGAWDDDDD..!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:38 pm  Post subject: Re: Final Fantasy Topic  
Attack Duck Owner
why are they even bothering with versus then at this point if they're going to avoid it at all costs?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:24 am  Post subject: Re: Final Fantasy Topic  
http://www.t3.com/news/lighning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii-confirmed

http://www.neoseeker.com/news/20631-lightning-returns-final-fantasy-13-announced-out-next-year-for-ps3-and-xbox-360/ (new vid on it)

Different combat mode and customization.

vix wrote:
why are they even bothering with versus then at this point if they're going to avoid it at all costs?

seems like they don't like money. leaves me speechless, they know it's just THE game everyone expects and they just postpone and postpone and leave infuriating official PR CEOs quotes. i'm not a hater SE is just :frusty :frusty :frusty

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:12 am  Post subject: Re: Final Fantasy Topic  
Attack Duck Owner
yeah, that's what i don't get about it. it's the game everyone wants (much like a remake of vii) and yet they keep pushing it farther and farther into the abyss. when i saw the trailers for 13 and versus....versus was always the one i wanted more. oh well. i'll keep my fingers crossed.

http://kotaku.com/5940305/id-totally-watch-this-live+action-final-fantasy-vii-fan-film

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:37 pm  Post subject: Re: Final Fantasy Topic  
Umm... weird to see "real" actors :heh

I'm still more pumped for Versus like you GRAAAAA :frusty :frusty :frusty :frusty

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:25 pm  Post subject: Re: Final Fantasy Topic  
Attack Duck Owner
It looks like it could have the potential to be decent. :lol

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:29 am  Post subject: Re: Final Fantasy Topic  
Ahaha yes

http://www.psu.com/a016814/Lightning-Returns--Final-Fantasy-XIII-detailed;-30-percent-complete

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/366533/lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii-new-details-from-famitsu/

Happy ending? wowwww :heh

Fang isn't dead?? yaaayyy

anyways. meh. i want Versus :cry

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:44 am  Post subject: Re: Final Fantasy Topic  
Attack Duck Owner
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/09/05/lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii-encourages-multiple-playthroughs

Quote:
New details have surfaced about the design mantras behind Square Enix's recently announced Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Returns.

An interview in the latest issue of Famitsu, translated by Andriasang, reveals that the game will come with just one ending and that it'll be a happy one.

Despite this, the game is apparently being designed to encourage players to go through and complete it multiple times, and the length of the game will reflect this (i.e. it's not going to take hundreds or even, apparently, tens of hours to complete).

Depending on your actions, the remaining life of the world can also increase and decrease, meaning the world could end before the previously mentioned 13 days. It also appears that each of these in-game days will last between one and two real-world hours.

So it looks like Lightning's adventure is going to be a very different experience to the ones that have come before. Also in the interview it's mentioned that Hope will make an appearance, guiding Lightning by wireless com, and that this entry in the Final Fantasy XIII series will be "World Driven", asking players to consider how they interact with the changing world.

There's no reference to a potential release window, but the game is apparently about 30% complete. Seeing as we heard at the start of August that the game had only recently entered production, it seems the game is making good progress, regardless.

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII will be the final game to feature Lightning and is due out on PS3 and Xbox 360.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:44 pm  Post subject: Re: Final Fantasy Topic  
PSN: TaysteChampion
Heh. Well, I agree with what someone said about a FF7 remake would make a lot of money. The fans of the game would buy it, and all the new younger generation that were born since it came out would want to find out what all the fuss is about!

For me it goes

FF8 > FF6 > FF7 > FF12 > FF13 > FF9

I haven't played the others. And that's not to say I didn't enjoy 9, I did, I just didn't find much entertainment in the battle system :/

I am actually playing through FF1 at the moment, it's great! Really funny, like after you save the princess talk to her and she says "You could -- you know -- here in the castle if you like? ...erm I mean, erm, the crystals! Yes the crystals! The most important thing is to bring light back to the crystals!". I lol'd.

I'm playing them all from FF1 sequentially because lately it crossed my mind that I actually feel guilt from having not played 1-5, the classics, and the highly acclaimed 10. I will leave out 7, 8, 11( mmo?? ) and 13. Because well, I played 7 and 8 too extensively! -And although it was 2 years ago since 13, it doesn't feel that long, or that I need to play it again :D

I got FF7 in 1998 when I first got my playstation 1, loved it, and got each new release as they came out... except 10 and 10-2 because I didn't get a PS2 until a couple years later. I didn't think FF1-5 would be worth a look, which was very ignorant of me, but I realised this and so far FF1 has been really entertaining! :)

Last edited by TaysteChampion on Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 3 of 16 [ 399 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16