Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:15 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 4:50 pm  Post subject: SSX Desktop Themes  
Are there any good SSX desktop themes out there, cause i can't seem to find one! If there aren't does anyone know of a good(simple to use) theme creating program? I could try and make a couple, but no promises on how they turn out?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 12:46 am  Post subject:   
Well i found a couple of free theme creating programs, that i think i can use, but my problem now is i need all the diifarent parts to make up the theme! Wallpapers and a screensaver i have covered, but i'm having a hell of a time finding ssx icons, and also finding SSX wav files,or mp3s that aren't music! I want diffarent character sayings and maybe some razhel from the game! Does Anyone where i can find these things, cause if you do i think i can make a pretty killer SSX theme after looking at these theme creator programs!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 7:36 am  Post subject:   
Starving Artist
Sorry ssxtitan, I don't know anything about that kind of stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 11:53 am  Post subject:   
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
There's nowhere you can get all those sound effects without a capture card. It's a lot of work - you could probably make icons from screenshots or what have you, but the sounds are near impossible without a card.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 12:17 pm  Post subject:   
Self-contained Sanitarium
  • SSX Tricky: Racing: #3
I use the input jack on my computer to record sound. I just hook my receiver up to my computer and I can record anything from the games. Capture card is only needed for video.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 12:27 pm  Post subject:   
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
You know what, you're right, I forgot I had done that before I had a capture card. Thanks for correcting me FBX. :china All you need are the correct adapters to plug your PS2 audio cables into your sound card.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 12:55 pm  Post subject:   
Self-contained Sanitarium
  • SSX Tricky: Racing: #3
Just make sure you use a sound recording program like Goldwave. That program has been simply one of the best PC programs I've ever used!

:)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:47 am  Post subject:   
ALl good information thank you !! O.K. i will work on the icons and i will look into Goldwave, hopefully i can bug FBX a lil if i get stuck, I also need to look into how to set up the whole capture card thing casue i definitely want to be able to capture stuff from SSX3( it's probably an expensive pain in the ass, but i've been wanting to figure it out for quite some time now) Thanks again! this certainly gets the ball rollin again for me and my little project !

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 1:55 pm  Post subject:   
I'd definitely get it for my computer.

Hurry up!!! lol

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 2:35 pm  Post subject:   
oh don't worry b100dy i will make one, and if i had all the parts to make it already, hell i'd probably be done, but becasue i have to make the sounds(wav files) and icons myself, i don't think this is going to be a five minuite project! Check back though, maybe the icons and wav files will go faster than i think!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 3:18 pm  Post subject:   
will do

keep up the good work titan! :cheers

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 5:54 pm  Post subject:   
Anyone wants these for themes? Icons prehaps?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 6:27 pm  Post subject:   
Thanks Devil- I got hem earlier today, and i am going to use them, but now i have the problem of the images are jpgs and the theme creating program i am using want icon files (.ico) , so i'm over at download.com right now lookin for jpeg to .ico converter type program, if i can find one i'm gunna be stoked! If u happen to know of a program that does this let me know!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 6:35 pm  Post subject:   
You could use IrvanView for the conversion, which is a pretty neat graphics viewer/tool on its own! :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 6:47 pm  Post subject:   
Well.. still lookin but have yet to find one that will do jpegs, so i will take a look at IrvanView, and give that a shot! Thanks Ettepet!( ireally wanna use these, cause there just perfect, and almost good to go except for this ico thing)

7:20pm!- Hell Yeah! Ettepet i just downloaded that irvanview, and it is sick! it was Crazy easy to convert those into icons, and not only that, but if all goes well i'd like to make multiple themes! Irvanview will certainly make the process easier! (u can even resize stuff into icon size, how cool is that!!)

Thanks Again Ettepet!!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 5:21 pm  Post subject:   
Does anybody know of some good SSX screensavers! I have one on my computer at work that is for the original ssx( it has bubbles that fly bye and each one has a diffarent animated ssx scene in it), i really want to attach a screensaver to the theme i'm making, but i have been looking for the last hour and cant find where i downloaded it! If u know or if u have made a cool one your self let me know!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 5:27 pm  Post subject:   
Ive made one and prevoulsy posted the site here, but i dunt think its good enough...however, krystony or gondee can fix it up if they want, even u, or any1 else as a matter of fact! The only thing bout it is that its got merqurycity.com advertising, but thats not bad?
http://us.f1f.yahoofs.com/bc/3f7f400b_8b19/bc/SSX3/SSX3.jpg?bfYwzj_AGdQQILt4

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 5:54 pm  Post subject:   
I think it's great and i hope gondee is cool with merqurycity at the bottom! i also think that i can compress video down to icon size, and for the busy icon. i could shrink down gondee's latest masterpiece(the Kaori vid), and have it show a couple lil quick clips, if he is cool with that. Thanks again Devil!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 6:00 pm  Post subject:   
Ur welcome, and remember, u can tweak it as much as u want cos i dunt really care! :china

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 8:05 pm  Post subject:   
If somebody changes it or if somebody has one they want me to use they should put a link to it here, and i'll totally try to use them!

O.K. Progress so far: Now is when i really need some feedback!! I put the theme that i have so far into a self extracting zip file and put it in my yahoo briefcase. So i need somebody to go there( simply click on my signature), and download the thing! it is called"ssx alpha theme", it should install itself!The things that i want to change are:1 change the animated cursors to ssx video, and 2 get the sounds done , cause at the moment i just put in a bunch of bladerunner sounds to se if it would work! So please if u download it tell me if it worked, cause this is my first attempt at this, and i may have screwed somethin' up!

Oh and i tried to attach this killer screensaver, but don't know if that is gunna work so after u download it check your screensaver too, and look for something that says ssx!!

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 20 posts ]