Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:49 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:02 pm  Post subject: Song I made for ssx 2012  
Hello all,

Long time lurker on the site here. Now with the new SSX coming out.. I put together this music to try and simulate the feeling of speed for SSX.
All music is mine except for the "Tricky" sample I use in the middle of the track.

You can probably follow the music w/o explanation, but at first you are being flown in on the helicopter.
at 24 seconds, you are out and flying down a deadly descent. Much faster than old SSX games!
there is a jump at 47 seconds, and you start getting your tricking down..adjusting to the new speed..
Big pretty jump at 1:10 that sends you into tricky mode
at the end it gets a little more chaotic to simulate you pressing hard to get that gold/top score..

http://www.metimes3.com/ssx/SSX2012.mp3

By the way.. i realize I put this up at the wrong time.. no one may hear it as they will be busy with the demos :)

Anyway, thoughts are welcome on it.
Gary

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:58 pm  Post subject: Re: Song I made for ssx 2012  
Well I like it! And yes, now definitely isn't the best time to put up such a thing xD I'm glad you did though.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:13 am  Post subject: Re: Song I made for ssx 2012  
PSN: Endemism
Nice! Like the deep bassline in the background. The first part is really atmospheric, you managed to capture the feeling quite well.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:29 pm  Post subject: Re: Song I made for ssx 2012  
PSN: CHROMANAUT_
dude not bad at all! we need more talent like you round these parts!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:55 pm  Post subject: Re: Song I made for ssx 2012  
Thanks all for the replies. I appreciate you taking the time out to give it a listen.

Now that I've played the demo.. I may do another track sometime coming up. If so, I'll post it.

Gary

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:15 am  Post subject: Re: Song I made for ssx 2012  
I would love to download this song to my ipod. I love it, i agree with Tunes. :D

Her constellations come, and climb the heavens, and go."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:39 am  Post subject: Re: Song I made for ssx 2012  
PSN: jonipooon
It's pretty dope, dude. What program are you using? Can't be FL Studio, that's for sure. Cubase? Reason?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:57 pm  Post subject: Re: Song I made for ssx 2012  
RemittentVirus wrote:
I would love to download this song to my ipod. I love it, i agree with Tunes. :D

Just right click on the link above and select "Save As".. You can download it and put it into your Itunes.

Enjoy and thanks for listening! :)

Gary

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:07 pm  Post subject: Re: Song I made for ssx 2012  
Jonipoon wrote:
It's pretty dope, dude. What program are you using? Can't be FL Studio, that's for sure. Cubase? Reason?

That entire song was done with the Korg Kronos recorded into Sony Acid. I then ripped the "It's Tricky" from YouTube, EQ'd parts out to not conflict with the track.
I also use NI Komplete 5 and the Alesis Fusion keyboard, but neither was used on that track.
Glad you liked it -- haven't done much in this genre.. more into the industrial/metal/rock side although I did a trip hop side project about 8 years ago.
Do you use FL or Reason?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:18 am  Post subject: Re: Song I made for ssx 2012  
PSN: jonipooon
^Well that's cool. I haven't really tried a lot of sample programs like Sony Acid, but if you're into beats you should check out Reason, it's probably the best program in the world for drum machines. I use it together with Cubase as a "Plug-In", since you can't record real voices or instruments with Reason only. They work awesome together. I'm mostly into house, techno and electro.
I mentioned FL as a joke. :P It's really.... well, crappy - if I'm allowed to say that.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:43 am  Post subject: Re: Song I made for ssx 2012  
I actually have Reason.. it's version 2.0 though .. I had done the free upgrade to 2.5 back when it was current.. But that computer died and I haven't gotten around to reinstalling my 2.0. I may upgrade to current version one day. I know that it's much more powerful now than it was then!

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ]