Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:38 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:21 am  Post subject: Gravitude Bar Awards 9: The Art!  
PSN: MistressWiggle

With the various art categories in this years gravitude awards I fancied tidying things up and reserving space for all artists to display their work here, it means people won't have to go trawling through the entire site to find things in random threads and all links to ff.net can be posted here as well.

Our awards this year are as follows:

Best Overall Artist: This person lives and breathes their art. Forget anything having to do with SSX, this person is just an amazing artist.

Best Fanart Artist x2: When it comes to fan art, this person is at the top of the ranks. Always having something to show, something new and fresh, something awesome to look at, and most importantly, something having to do with SSX! Vote for two of these.

Best Board Creator: We've been getting TONS of board designs lately, vote for the person that rocks the most at making them, makes the coolest boards, etc.

Best Fan Fiction Author: If there were an SSX novel, they'd be writing it.

So here's the deal, if everyone can set up their posts so that what link or picture to their art is listed. Eg:

Quote:
Board Design:

XX Insert picture here XX

There are no rules to how many pieces of art you guys wish to post. Or if you only want to participate in one category or if you want to participate in them all! But please can you follow these rules.

ONE POST PER PERSON
If you wish to add, go back and edit your post. The whole point of this thread is to keep it tidy and to list things, please don't go messing it up by shoving in things that don't need to be here. If you do I shall unleash my deletor of stupid unnecessary posts on you, and by that I mean getting Vix to delete your post.

IF YOU CAN'T BE ASKED TO POST HERE, DON'T EXPECT PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOU
The other main reason for this thread is not only for your entries, but so that people who never enter the fanart forum can come here quickly scan the page and decide based one what they see. Every year it requires maximum effort from the voter to go through the entire fanart section and hopefully find some art that you've posted in the past. Or just simply blind vote for anyone that they remotely remember as to doing art and leading the awards to go to people that haven't done any SSX fanart in years or ever for that matter.

FANART AWARDS
I would also like to clear something up. Best fanart artist means exactly what it says. FANART. This can also be found in Gondee's brilliant fanart section, it can be drawn, painted done digitally, made of clay, whatever but it must be fanart. Not random stock pictures you've manipulated on photoshop, not board designs, not course work you are doing for school and want opinions on, but FANART.

If you wish to enter any other art for best Overall Artist then the stage is yours, but all fanart is now to do with SSX hence why we've split the categories.

FANFICTION
Regarding fanfiction, please post here also, or if you'd rather post a link to your story on ff.net or in the knowledge base. :) I'm absolutely certain there's plenty of aspiring writers on fanfiction apart from me and Griff Simmons Girl.

FINALLY
please hide art if your post is humongous. Since I'm limiting everyone to one post, I understand if you want to edit and post loads, so please don't forget to hide it for poor people with slow loading times. Same with if you're posting an entire story or a chapter, please hide this so it doesn't take up loads of room. :china

Thank you ALL for your time and happy voting!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:35 pm  Post subject: Re: Gravitude Bar Awards 9: The Art!  
PSN: SSXfanatic
I've been writing a story on FanFiction, would I add the link to this post?

SSX: Snowboard Super Cross

*EDIT* I know it's a little late, but I JUST finished the 16th chapter! I've been writing it since the Awards thing started, and it's up now!

Thanks!

Last edited by SSXfanatic#1 on Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:13 pm  Post subject: Re: Gravitude Bar Awards 9: The Art!  
PSN: MistressWiggle
Yes please fanatic that would be appreciated!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:49 pm  Post subject: Re: Gravitude Bar Awards 9: The Art!  
XBL: freejayfly
Haha, I missed these awards. Anyways... link for my art thread is as follows, yo:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8724

Just so I don't flood the thread with art when I already have one up. =v=/

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:50 am  Post subject: Re: Gravitude Bar Awards 9: The Art!  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #2
  • SSX Blur: Overall: #3
PSN: PabloYeti
posting to post stuff here later :)

Stadium
| Click to reveal hidden content

atomica booth

griff

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:18 pm  Post subject: Re: Gravitude Bar Awards 9: The Art!  
PSN: Classic_Beauty21
Fanfics:
Guess My Fantasy
Roots

Fanart:

My current scanner is not working, but I hope taking pictures of these is acceptable. (:

Fun SSX Manga Project (2012):
Page One | Click to reveal hidden content
Mac and Kaori, ahh <3 :P

Page Two | Click to reveal hidden content
Did you spot Moby and Elise? :P

Page Three | Click to reveal hidden content
Think I'm gonna redraw this one. -.-

Some Semi Old Kaori Art (2010-2012):
Oldest Kaori Fun Designs | Click to reveal hidden content

SSX Tricky Kaori; A Closer Look | Click to reveal hidden content

New Kaori + Chibi Kaori | Click to reveal hidden content

Yes I have a masters degree on ssxology, doc.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]