Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:56 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:20 am  Post subject: My 3D Models *Updated 7.22.11*  
XBL: WAffle3690
I'm starting to learn how to use Blender, a 3D modeling program and thought I'd share some of my poor creations lol

I'll start with my Pink Bubbles

Broken Glass Monkey

Marbles and Reflection

What do you guys think?

Last edited by A Sick One With A Smile on Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:48 pm  Post subject: Re: My 3D Models  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #2
  • SSX Blur: Overall: #3
PSN: PabloYeti
No problem, you got to start somewhere, ive tried to get into 3D stuff before but never got past basic shapes so go for it and see how far you can take it. Is Mav around for help and advice after the amazing mini merq city he built for the awards? you could be building this years award model :) :thumbsup

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:24 pm  Post subject: Re: My 3D Models  
Kudos to you for even trying to work with Blender, aka one the least user friendly programs known to man :grr . One of my friends is studying computer animation and he let me play around with Maya, and it was pretty cool. Of course, I had no idea what I was doing but I could place primitive objects on the stage and randomly alter their shape and properties ( y' know, monkey with a typewriter style :lol ) without any problems and even with semi predictable results. But Blender was a nightmare. I wanted to smash the monitor out of frustration after 5 minutes. Aparently, it is a very powerful program but it doesn't have any sort of "undo" command and it relies heavily on keyboard shortcuts, which I DESPISE. So, yeah, what you've created there may seem simple but to me, considering it was done in Blender, it looks like the ceiling of the freakin' Sistine Chapel. :china

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:25 am  Post subject: Re: My 3D Models  
XBL: WAffle3690
Aww thanks guys!!! :) and yes blender does mostly rely on keyboard shortcuts to speed up the process but becuz i have a laptop i dont have a numpad so i have to click on multiple menus. I literally just picked up the program maybe two or three weeks ago so im hoping this is a sign for when school comes around and it wont be an epic fail haha

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:08 pm  Post subject: Re: My 3D Models *Updated 7.22.11*  
I had a blast at blender several years ago, and could never get anything more than a couple of grey spheres to float around. So I have to take my hat off to anyone who has the patience to do more than that.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]