Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:11 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:11 pm  Post subject: The Ice Jam  
I was bored the other day and so I started typing.
~=New Chapter
__=New stuff
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A couple of tug boats pull the familiar iceberg into Hanauma Bay, meanwhile on the horizon a couple orange ospreys can be seen. It is the Wednesday before the seasons finale and this years Ice Jam is set to be a spectacular one. Such closeness in all events over the season have left the overall SSX champion title wide open.

Onboard the ospreys all twenty-four competitors are bursting with life. Jurgan, JP, Hiro, Kaori, Sid, Marisol, Elise, Brodi, Eddie, Luther, Felix and Psymon in one with the rest in the other. “…and so I fell down 300 foot of rock and man I was psyched up for the next attempt” Psymon and Luther are telling each other tall tales.
Further along the bench Elise and Brodi are deep in discussion about the local surf. In the middle of the aircraft Marisol and Eddie are busy practicing celebration dances, the plane hit some turbulence and Eddie (who was half way through a worm) went tumbling over. During the disturbance the sleeping Jurgan momentarily stirred to laugh before nodding off again. In the corner the three Japanese contestants are nattering away in their home language.

Meanwhile the members of the other osprey are more relaxed with Moby, Mac, Marty, Allegra and Viggo playing a game of hold ‘em whilst the rest relax to music.

Down below the lump of ice was in position and every one was setting up. Atiomica and Rhazel are up top by the starting area where the commentary booth is, just to the right of the gates. They had spent the last two hours checking the sound systems and now they walk across the starting area to the hole in the ice opposite the booth. “Atomic man I never saw the itinerary you set up for this event”.
“Practice Thursday and Friday with slalom on the latter, Saturday is superpipe followed by big air and then slopestyle followed by BX on the Sunday, oh and don’t forget the big party”. The pair walk into the hole and arrive at a wide spiral staircase down below at quarter loop intervals are the board room, the living area, the bunks and the internal passage entrance. But way above them the two ospreys land next to the pool on the peak of the iceberg.

The rear doors open and the riders spill out, the babble of their chatter echoing across the bay. “Hey nice to see you all here for another year” said Atomica “Here are the itinerarys for this weekend and just remember not to get in anyones way toda as most people round here are busy setting up”. All eyes shot a look at Psymon who, the previous year, had set the events back by a day when he broke he coolant system and the iceberg had rapidly began to melt. Then the silence was broken as Eddie said “Right I’ll go get my trunks, and check out the water”.

Mac, Marty and Viggo walked into the living area. “Sweet they got the new decks I wanted” exclaimed Mackenzie.
His cousin replied “That ist gut, now I wont have to hear you complain all summer about a lack of musical quality out here”.
“Hey guys the bar is fully stocked” was all that Viggo added. Mac then puts on some music whilst Martin crashes on the couch and Viggo pours all three a drink.

Up in the starting area Allegra, Moby, Zoe and Jurgen have all kitted up and are about to have the first run down the track. “See ya at the bottom babe” shouts Moby as he gets up and rides off.
“Don’t feel too bad about him ditching you” Jurgan says, seeing the look on Zoe’s face, “He has forgotten about the ice around the corner”. Crunch
“Ahh F***!”.
The other three stop laughing before setting off at a more leisurely pace.

Half way up one of the many ice cliffs Nate is leading Tyson in a little ice climb. Chink Chink. “So little bro, how’s life?”.
“Its fine, especialy now that I’m out boarding you”. Chink Chink.
“Oh realy”.
“Yep, I mean I practicaly have the Big Air title wrapped up”.
“Your forgetting, all you need is and off day and me and Moby can take the title”. Chink Chink.
“Not gonna happen”.

Back in the living area Marisol has just followed the music and found the three lads relaxed in front of the TV. “Nice choice of tunes Mac” she says as he enters.
“Thanks, you want a drink”.
“Yeah why not”.
“Marisol you need to teach us some new moves” Viggo states as he gets up to get her a drink.
“Why not, we have time to loose”.

Up in the pool the conversation is also about dancing. “Pop and lock little dude Pop And Lock”. Eddie is swimming about whilst Griff mucks about on the pool side. Elise walks out to the pool side,
“Mind if I join you, the winds in the wrong diarection for good surf today”.
“No problems hot stuff”.
“Hi Elise” Griff shouts as he dives into the pool, all thoughts of dancing forgotten.

Meanwhile Jurgen, Allegra and Zoe have just passed Moby and are about to go over the first jump. “Hey, guys, wait up”.
“Woohoo”.
“Ja airtime’s gut Allegra”.
“Hey Zoe I never thought it would be this slushy”
“It’s melting snow and ice Allegra, what’d you expect” Zoe teases.
Now Moby catches them up “So nice of you to wait for me”
“You didn’t” came Zoes quick witted reply.
Ho Ho Ho Jurgen chuckled, “You young ones play nicely now”
“Alright grandad” smiles Moby.

“So Monseur Stark thinks he survived an 300 foot fall on to jagged rocks” JP and Luther are catching up in a local bar.
“Yeah that guy is crazy but it’s good to have him on yar side”
“Oui, but is ee realy on anyones side but ees own?”
“We will just have to find out wont we”

“Hey Eddie, I’m gonna go play in the snow”
“Sure thing Griff, I know you’ll try not to get in anyone’s way” he laughs, turning to Elise “So what’s with Brodi?”
“He’s hot, do you blame me?”
“And what about JP? He’s practicaley drooling all over you”
“The idea of having less than two males after me at one time is positively offensive”
“In which case I must bring it to your attention that your going after Brodi, not the other way around”
“It still counts”

The group of boarders has now made it down to the beach. “I am going to go see how they are gettink on vith the preperations down here” said Jurgen before walking off.
“Anyone want to go see how the party’s going down?” asked Al.
“Actualy, me and Zoeare goin to go for a walk round the cliffs”
“Sorry Legs” added Zoe
“Great. Ditched by everyone” Allegra said to her self as she walked to the service tunnel that would take her back up to the top of the ‘berg.

“They all asleep?” Sid asked Kaori.
“Yep, too much drink and travel” came the reply in her almost perfect English. “Where did Hiro go?”
“To wax board”
“Oh, and we were having such fun”
“Yeah”
“Right I am going to wake them up, they should be practicing”
“Don’t a worry about them its their problem”
Kaori gives Sid a curious look before proceding with waking the others.

“Hey kid, your not supposed to be here, beat it!”
One of the workers had mistaken Griff for a local kid wanting a sneak preview of this years event.
“Its ok” Jurgen came along the beach to find out what was happening, “He is a competitor” and then to Griff, “Come on it’s dinner time”.

When they got back to the top of the slopes and into the living area, Jurgen and Griff found every one at the table. Some of the competiters were not looking too good.

As the boarders neared the end of their meal the doors were flung open. Seeiah stood in the doorway. “Sorry I’m late guys had a little inline contest to attend to over in the Big Apple.”
“That’s fine” announced Atomica, “You havn’t missed anything important.”
Rahzel stood up, “Now that most of you have finished your meal I suggest you get some sleep, It’s 10pm and you will be getting up early tomorrow”
“Yeah whatever” Allegra said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Just after 6am Thursday

Everyone is at breakfast. Dispite having stayed up till 3am Allegra looks wide awake but her fellow partiers, Mac, Marty, Viggo and Zoe are looking very tired.
“That’s the last time you convince me to stay up” yawns Zoe.
“Oh come on it isn’t that bad” Viggo said, convincing no one.

“Can I have your attention people” booms Rahzel over the hubbub of noise, “Atomica needs to tell you what’s going on today”
“8am Slopestyle, 10am Changeover, 10:30 BX, 1:30pm Lunch, Big Air at three and the Pipe will be open at four, both will close at six. You guys can go and prep now.”

The riders all got up to go and prepare for the days work but Elise stayed behind to ask a question. “When is the practice session for the slalom?”
“Tomorrow morning before you rest up for the actual event” Came the answer.

As promised the slopes opened at eight o clock. All the riders crowded into the start area. Then in ones twos and some threes the boarders set off. They popped a few 180’s 720’s and backflips but no one pushed them selves that hard. Only Psymon did Ubers, every one else used the session to get used to the snow (slush) and plan their assult for Sunday.

After the session the atmosphere was buzzing. This was the first time everyone had been here for a long time and they remembered why dispite the bad snow they loved this place.

“I still don’t get why we cant just get on with the BX practice” complained Maya who was deep in conversation with Skye.
“Well they gotta rid the lopes of the Slopestyle terrain and set it up for racing”
“I suppose it makes sense” Maya backed down.
“What are you two ladies arguing about” enquired Brodi entering the conversation.
“Nothing much mate” answered Skye.

Over on the other side of the starting area Sid was still trying to get in with Kaori.

“It’s really getting to me” Mac said to his cousin, “I’ve known her for ages then he comes along and poof she’s not interested”
“Don’t worrey” Zoe butted in “She’ll come round”
“And if not you can always smack him off the edge” added Marty.
“Or get my man to do it” Zoe jearked a thumb towards Moby.

“My ears are burning” he said before turning back to Psymon.
“Anyway thats why I’m gonna win”
“No chance Psymon”. “Oi!” He had just been hit by a snowball that had been launched by Griff.

The fight had been going on between Tyson, Viggo, Felix and Griff. Although Allegra had launched a few as well.
But before Moby could do anything a Pistie came along and anonced that the track was prepared.

The freestylers having had their share of fun let the racers head off first. No one but the rookies needed to practice the track as, unlike the slope style, it never really changed.

Moby was the fastest out of the starting area and this time he remembered about the huge patch of ice just around the corner. He was closely followed by Elise, Psymon and Zoe who were all powerful riders. The rest of the pack hung back a bit, just in case the guys up front pushed too hard and lost it. No one wanted to get wiped out by another rider before the real events had started.

By the end of the session a few of the freestylers had gone in but everyone else was still hard at work. A few of the boarders even had to be kicked off at 1:30. These SSXers may be renowned for messing about and having fun but they are the best for a reason and when it comes down to it they work as hard as they relax.

During the lunch break Hiro and Jurgen went for a wander down the track. They got round the ice with ease and stopped in the archway just before the first gap jump.
“It always amazes me how this place is the same every year” commented Hiro.
“Ja, these people spend a lot of time and effort maintaining an iceberg that we rip up every year”
“They do a good job”
“We pay them to do a good job”

Elise had taken over the pool area. With her she had invited, JP, Luther and Brodi, who brought Maya along with him.
“I think I have the best chance of winning the all round title this year” Elise was bragging, “Only Brodi has ever come near me in the slalom and I have one in other events”
“Year that true but don’t forget Moby has never dropped off the BX podium and most of them were firsts” drawled Luther.
“Et Allegra etait bien a la Freestyle”
“Huh?” proclaimed Luther.
“He said that I shouldn’t forget about Allegra”
“Well I wish he’d speak American when he‘s round us”
“I can speak what ever language I want, and it’s English you pompous pri…”
“Hey, hey, boys cool it” interrupted Elise, “I don’t have to worry about her though because she need to beat me in one of my strong events, which wont happen”
“Not that she has weak events” Brodi whispered to Maya.
She sniggered.

Downstairs in the dining room every one else was eating and relaxing. Griff was bugging Atomica. “So where are the next two practices being held”?
“The pipe’s round the back of the iceberg and the Big Air is going to be off the ramp coming out of the waterfall”
“And why are both you and Rahzel here, you cant both do the same job”
“A lot of commentators work in pairs Griff” he answered through gritted teeth, “But, I’m going to work the airwaves whilst Rahzel does the live job over the tannoy”
“Shall I take him for you” enquired Tyson as he walked past.
Atomica grinned.
“Come on mate”
Tyson may be 100% pure focused crazy when it comes to being out in a competition, but he one of the most relaxed, friendly people on the tour.

On the other side of the room Marty walked past Kaori. “Don’t forget friendship is a two way thing” he said just audibly as he moved on.

“Hey has any one seen Zoe or Moby?” asked Allegra.
“I don’ wanna know what those two love birds are up to” laughed Marisol in reply.

Come three, every one had dispersed back on to the slopes to practise the two remaining freestyle events.

Friday Morning 06:00 Local time.

Everyone was sat round the table at breakfast. “It’s good to see most of you got to bead early last night” Atomica glanced at Allegra. “The slope closes for final preparation at 10:00, with the slalom qualifier beginning at one”
“Usual set up?” Elise enquired rather bluntly.
“Yep, one quali run each with the top eight times going through to the knockouts”

A full English breakfast was then served much to the competitors glee.
After that every one kitted up and went out to warm up and practice.

“Beautiful a sunwise” said Sid.
“Its gonna be a lovely day” put in Kaori.

All of the riders had a different warm up routine they liked to do. Most of them did a small jog followed by dynamic stretching, and finally some board work. Naturally different people took different lengths of time to warm up. After that they practiced their edging and turning technique. It had been found that everyone had become more focused and the competition more open, since the rule had been introduced which made the competitors take part in all disciplines at each event.

All too soon the competitors were bustled off the piste so it could be prepared with the qualifying gates for the slalom. At this time the crowds began to pour in. Because there is only one road down into the bay people have to park in the nearby town over the ridge of the back wall. From there they have to walk for about two miles to get up the hill then down to the beach. Here ticket holders are boated out to the iceberg and get to their stands via a set of internal tunnels closed off from the rest of the network. Everyone else crowds onto any available space other than the finishing area and the row of marquees that create a boulevard between the car park and the back of the podium.

Most of the SSX crew went and locked them selves away in their rooms with only Moby and Zoe choosing to chat to each other and Griff who didn’t want to rest and relax who decided to make a snowman in the right hand starting gate. Rahzel was in the sound booth next to but just behind the staring gates. Looking up he could see the gates to the right and then the track sloping off. In front of him the area behind the blocks and directly opposite was the hole in the icewall that leads to the living area. Atomica was down on the beach ready to begin his broadcast among the fans.

Just before one o clock Rahzel dimmed the music and his usual raspy voice filled the bay. “Ladies and Gentlemen welcome to the final SSX event of the season. This is the ALOHA ICE JAM.”
“In a few minutes the first round of the slalom will begin. This event will be held on the burms underneath the dragon. Every one will have run and the top eight times will advance to the knockouts. Here comes the first competitor, ELISE RIGGS”
Down on the beach Atomica had just started his broadcast over the Radio. “Hi I’m DJ Atomica coming at over the airwaves from a nice sunny beach here in beautiful Hawaii. I am currently among the crowd at the bottom of the slope watching the first heat of the slalom on the big screen down here. Don’t worry though if anything exiting happens I will tell you.”
“Now any of you who have seen this event on the screen may wonder what’s with all these tents behind the podium. Well I am now wandering among them. And the answer is, everything realy. All SSX merchandise like figurines, poster trading cards plus t-shirts food and the all important booze.”
“Wow that’s a big one just happened on the slope. Martin Steiber has just gone down. He was on a right hand burm when he lost balance, went high, ran out of snow and came down hard on his front. I hope this guys ok. These riders may be hardened athletes but they can still get hurt.”

“He’s OK” screamed Rahzel and Marty was helped to his feet. “And that concludes the qualifying stages. The slope will now be prepared for the parallel slalom. The top eight riders will pair off and have two simultaneous runs. For fairness each rider will ride both the red and the blue course. The one with the slowest cumulative time will then be knocked out.”
“Talking of the top eight riders here are the pairings. Felix + JP, Griff + Skye, Elise + Brodi and finally Jurgen +Moby.”

Half an hour later the course had been set up down the same area as the singles qualifying. Two tracks one red and one blue, drop in from the dragon jump and snake their way next to each other all the way down to the finish line just before the jump into the cave. For the first half the two courses stay in the burms of the main run down but at half way they cross over and then spill over the edge. They then drop in and jump back out of the canyon like snake run that winds its way under the dragon.

Atomica had now positioned himself in the makeshift starting area. “The atmosphere up here is now very tense as the first real bit of race action gets under way. These two french speakers are mouthing off pretty loud to each other but we will son see who wins. JP is staring in the right hand red course with Felix on the other one. Both of these guys ride regular so JP will start with the disadvantage of not being able to see what Felix is doing, but come half way that all changes.”

“The gate has just dropped and JP is a little bit ahead. Felix is gathering momentum and their level pegging. It’s going to be close at the halfway stage, and… Ouch they have just run slap bang into each other. It now looks like a case of who will get up first. I can hear a lot of swearing going on down there, and, yes one of them is getting up. It’s JP, Felix is still down and JP is off and surely on his way to the semis.”

Back up at the top of the run the next two riders were getting ready to go. “Hey Skye” said Griff, “Feel like letting me win”
“Sorry mate, I need this to go as well as possible to get enough points this year”
“Their not going to kick you out though”
“No but it doesn’t look good if you don’t do well”
“Riders go to your gates please, JP has just finished and Felix is at the side of the run” said the starter.

“Well that was only half a race but it was a close half a race, the next to riders Skye and Griff have approached the gate. Griff is looking good for a top ten position this year as he is doing very well in the freestyle events, Skye on the other hand really needs a good position in this event but having had an injury plagued season it does not look good for the young Australian. The gate has dropped and there is nothing in it. Both riders are tracking tight lines down the course. They approach the half way stage and we may see another incident. No Skye is feeling confident and has just waved Griff across, possibly a wise move as the youngster can be very unpredictable. Now they move into the bumpy section. Griff is looking over this difficult terrain, but Skye is matching this with her pure determination. They are coming up to the line and I think its going to be Skye just because of her weight”

“Sorry kid, it just looks like my day”
“Oh well I’m still going to kick every one ass in the pipe, never mind Skye I can still pull it back in the second race too”

“Well I have just got news from Felix that he won’t do the second run and has given the first semi final spot to JP. It’s a shame as that was looking to be his best shot at that all elusive first podium. Elise and Brodi have just finished their run and as predicted Elise powered her way to an easy win. Brodi went well but I don’t think anyone is a match for the Bombshell in this event”

Jurgen and Moby were now at the start but the German seemed to be more focused on the organisation of the up coming events than the race he was about to start.
“Come on man relax, you may be in charge here but you’ve got to forget that when it comes to taking part” Moby urged.
“Ja ja, ok”

But Jurgen was obviously not in a racing mood because Moby went on to an easy win.

“For those of you who have just joined you are listening to the SSX Aloha Ice Jam coverage live on EA Radio Big, and I’m DJ Atomica. In the second run of the Quarters here in the GPS Skye yet again just piped Griff to the line, Else won with ease and Jurgen worked hard and just beat Moby, but Moby’s larger victory in the first run puts him through as the fourth semi-finalist. Pairings for the semi have been randomly chosen as Moby vs. Skye and Elise vs. JP. And here goes the first run of the first race. Moby is pulling away from Skye and it just doesn’t look like she can pull it back, I don’t think she has the power to do it. And Moby has crossed the line a couple of turns ahead of Skye. Now the closer pairing of Elise and JP. And its close but Elise has crossed sides in first at the half way point in the lead. But JP looks more fluid in the later half and had got a better line, he come s in in first by half a second. Elise looks pissed”

“What the hell was that you French pig”
“What you can’t take it eef I win”?
“I don’t care if you beat me but not in this event, I need to win this of I don’t get crowned overall SSX queen”

At the top Moby and Skye are chatting.
“Good luck mate” said the Brit.
“Looks like I’m gonna bloody need it the way you beat me first round”

The gates opened letting Moby out and then Skye in the time and order they last crossed the line. And as in the first race Skye ended up dropping off the pace set by Moby and so he went through to the final and Skye to the small final.
They congratulated and commiserated each other before walking into the service tunnel and wandering back up to the start.

The mood was icy up at the start. JP and Elise who were normaly best of friends ignored each other. Elise’s gate opened half a second after Jean Pierre’s and she had to work very hard to get ahead of him. But with a perfect run she came home first and became the second finalist.

“That woz close eh Elise” offered JP. ‘KRACK’ Elise’s reply was swift and JP went white before he collapsed. This incident lead to Skye doing considerably better in the small final and gaining a much needed podium.

The final was close as well but as predicted Elise won both the runs, but only just.

“Alriiiiight, with the medals given out and the Ice Jam trophy given to Elise I have one more special prize. That’s right, for yet another year her name will go on the trophy for another year. The over all Giant Parallel Slalom winner for this season is Elise Riggs. Give it up for the Bombshell lady’s and gents.” Rahzel was working the crowd as usual.

That evening the meal was at nine and almost every one was in a good mood. After the Slalom no one ventured out of the accommodation at the top of the ice burg. Rahzel had also laid out the time table for the next days events. It read,

06:00 Breakfast as usual
09:00 Superpipe open for warm up
10:00-12:00 Pipe Qualifying run
12:30 Pipe Finals
Lunch
16:00 Big air warm up
18:00-19:00 Big air best score qualifying
21:00 Big Air Finals
Dinner

“Hey JP your not looking to hot”
“Shut up you English prick eets not funny”
“Yeah it is” Moby whispered into Zoë’s ear.
She laughed and shot a look at the Frenchman.
“Oh it still hurts” shot Elise in a cold tone, “I’m so sorry”

Then Allegra arrived, “So whose up for a party this evening”?
There was a groan.
“Allegra are you some kind of machine, even Griff doesn’t have the same amount of energy as you” said Mac
“Yeah I do”
Mac replied with, “But you don’t stay up all night”
“I could”
“Not if you vant to compete tomorrow” that was Jurgen.

Kaori, Sid and Hiro were at one end of the table nattering away in their maiden tongue. At the other end of the table Mac was looking more and more irritated.
“Ignore them Cuz” Marty said to Mac.
“I just don’t get it one moment you can’t get her away from me, and then the next she ignores me”
“Sounds like you need to talk to her” suggested Allegra as she sat down next to the cousins.
“I guess…”
He was interrupted by a shout from Eddie, “Hey Mackenzie could ya set us up with some tunes to dance too”

So the rest of the evening was spent with a dance off between Eddie and Marisol. And then most people went off to bed just leaving Allegra and Tyson up.

Allegra had wandered upstairs and was dangling her feet in the pool, Tyson went and sat next to her.
“Shouldn’t you be resting for the Pipe contest tomorrow”?
“Shouldn’t you be doing the same for the Big Air? Any way I’m the ultimate party girl”
“Every one went off to bed but I felt like staying up for a while longer”
“Ah”
“I always wondered how come your good at freestyle in general but don’t do to well at the Big Air”
“Oh that’s a simple one if you think about it, I got into this through skating, there are hundreds of parks and half pipes around but no mega ramps that you can just turn up and ride”
“So you never practised it”
“Bullseye, why mess with a winning formula”?
“I guess you haven’t done too bad”
“Too bad, I’m almost always on the podium, I even get on it in the racing events”
“Point taken”
“My turn, what’s it like to have your brother in this as well”
“Good for me and bad for him, if I beat him every one goes wow but if he beats me people just think it’s expected coz he’s the older one”
“I see”
Tyson yawned then said “Well I guess that my cue to head off” and with that he left.

Amazingly the first person up the next day was Allegra. Next in were Nate and Griff.
“Amazing” stated Nate.
“What” Allegra.
“Not only are you the first up, but Griff here recons that he’s going to beat you today”
“Oh really, well little dude you need to win and I need to come third if you want this years pipe crown”
“I know but it could happen, and if it does I wanna stay up late like you”

Soon all of the competitors were up and eating. As usual the meal was a full English breakfast and seconds and thirds were available. There was also a multitude of cereals to pick from too.
“This is nice” said Zoë, “But it has nothing on the stuff they cook at the Four Corners”
“What’s that” asked Maya.
“It’s a takeaway in the square next to out lodge in Powder Keg, it sells food from al round the world”
“Oh I know where you mean, if by lodge you mean luxury chalet”
Moby joined them, “Yeah that place was a good find Mac”
“Thanks dude”
Zoë then asked Moby, “I thought you two didn’t like each other, or am I missing something”
“Well we hang round the same group and I guess we learned to get on” answered Moby before he kissed her.

Mean while the piste workers where out smoothing the Superpipe out. At nine the Mac, Allegra, and Griff were ready to get going. They had done a half hour off board warm up together but now they really wanted to get on and ride. They set off together and just rode the slope, sussing out how it felt underboard. As they got back to the top more of the competitors had arrived. The next few runs were spent doing straight airs with a few grabs, just getting used to the conditions. By the end of the session every one was going for it.

“OK every one” Rahzels voice rung out over the tannoy system, “Its now ten which means its qualifier time. The riders can go at any time they want but once they’ve gone that’s it. They have just that one run to make the final 12. It may seem harsh but this is S S X and no one said it was easy”

Up in the starting area Mac had been about to drop in but he slammed on the brakes.
“Sheesh that was close” he didn’t want to be the first to go. Most of the riders felt that they preformed better if they had a target to beat.
Griff on the other hand was young enough to not care.
“Just leaves the first run to me then” he screamed as he blasted out of the start area.
This is where the riders get to see the other side of Allegra, sitting on the snow with her earphones in, completely zoned out and focused on the run she was about to do. Mentally running it through in her head. Once she felt ready she got up and left to do a run that blasted every one else’s qualifying run.

With half an hour left to go Mac, Tyson and Moby are the only riders left at the top. Deep in conversation they don’t look like they are too bothered about going for a run.
“So Moby” Tyson was asking, “What do you do in the off season”
“Well it aint as long as it used to be but I get a bit of time to do my stuff on the BMX”
“I guess you don’t mean messing round the skate park” said Mac
“Nah, it’s all circuit and downhill racing”
“Sounds just like this” added Tyson.
“Almost, but its worse if you fall, you suddenly miss the nice soft snow”
“Ok Tyson your turn”
“Why me, you haven’t said yet Mac”
“That’s because every one knows what I do, I DJ and promote the events for next year”

One of the Judges walked into the tent that covers the pipes start gate, “You do realise your about to run out of qualifying time don’t you”
“It’ll be fine” said Mac, “We have about ten left anyway. Moby you wanna head out first”
“Sure thing” and with that he got up and went for his run.
Tyson and Mac then flipped a coin which left Mac to go last.

“The compilation of results are now in, the judges have scored each trick in the qualifying runs and in no particular order here are the twelve riders that will be competing for the medals” Rahzel had announced every ones individual score at the end of their runs but had to wait for the official confirmation before he could announce the riders that made it through the qualifying round.
“And those going through are, Allegra, Kaori, Skye, Griff, Seeiah, Mac, Tyson, Marty, Elise, Hiro and Zoë. They will have two runs each and their best run will be counted. Then the top six will go through to the final where they will have just one run to prove their worth. But first a little half hour break whilst the pipe is prepared for the heats”

Two hours later and the Heats were done and dusted. Atomica was doing a little fill in work on the radio just before the Final round began.

“…and so as of a few minutes ago only six riders remain in the superpipe event here at the Aloha Ice Jam. Those riders that mad it through are Griff, Mac, Allegra, Seeiah and Skye. The final will start in a few minutes time, this is normally where I would bung a record on but I need to explain to some of you confused people out there how the SSX points system works. At each event The riders placed first to fourth get 4,3,2 points and one point respectively. At the end of the season these points are added up so that an over all prize can be awarded. This year Elise gained the more points from Giant Slaloms than any other rider, which is why she got the over all GS trophy. This happens for all events but each riders points from all events will also be totalled to give us an SSX champion who has gained the most points from all events. And now for the song”

“OK that was Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer, but now its time for the final, Skye will be the first to go, and she has left the gate and drops in with a 360, now a backflip 180 mute, 1080 shifty, rodeo indy, a torpedo uber, …, and she crosses the line. A solid run but with only one uber I cant see it making the top three. Seeiah is next to drop in with a backflip, she prewinds big time and wow a 1440 nose grab, but she slides an extra 180 in on landing, loosing momentum but no longer switch, a double back flip and ouch, she caught an edge on the coping and falls face first to the bottom of the pipe, she has got up and shaken her self off and is just going to the line, having lost her rhythm she obviously doesn’t think she can get a worth while score now and she crosses the line in provisional last.
Tyson is next in lets see what he can do, straight in with a 720, he’s off to a promising start, superman triple back flip that’s a monster, but he is on a faster line down the pipe, I don’t think he will do as many trick as Skye, japan 540, a long elegant backflip, and that’s it, impressive but short this is going to be close. The score is up and Tyson slots in between the other two riders giving Skye guaranteed points, having also come third in the GS yester day she looks pretty pleased for her self.
Next up its Griff, the youngster her drops in with a rodeo, followed by a roast beef 1080, and a quad back flip, this up beat run has to take the lead, now a 720 tail, and another 1080, this time with chicken salad, double front with nose grab, he’s building up big time speed, and he finishes with a …, that run jumps straight up to the top of the leader board and will be hard to beat.
Next in is Allegra, starting with a front flip, she goes to indy 720, 1800, stiffy, that must make her dizzy, triple back flip, she is pulling out all the stops, a little wobble, but a 1080 inverted cannonball, now a double 7, and she has finished. That last trick a physics defying front side 720 followed in air by a back side 720. Its close but with no ubers Griff holds on to the lead just. Allegra is only behind him by a few marks. But the judges have spoken.
Last up is Mac, he and Griff are tied for the over all title so he both need a win here. He drops in with a front flip, then a 1080 melancholy, kort martial, pommel me, torpedo with back flip, WOW, kickin A, triple backflip superman, and his personal invention, rail switch nosepress to hella pop to switch backside lip slide, to finish it off. That run has to place him first, and it does. Wow he looks stoked, Big Al has gone out to congratulate him.
So as they take to the podium lets recap the results. In reverse, Seeiah, Tyson, Skye, Allegra, Griff and the event and overall Superpipe winner is Mac. The top three have just received their Medals, and now Mac is receiving his Aloha winners trophy. And apparently he will get his Overall pipe winners trophy later on after the big air so that more people can see it.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lunchtime up at the top of the iceberg.
“So Mac I hear they lost your nice big shiny trophy” teased Moby.
“Yeah Yeah real funny, just because I have been winning stuff and you haven’t”
Then Kaori congratulated him, “Well done Mackenzie”
“Uh, thanks Kaori”
Then Tyson wandered over, “Lucky break man, but this evenings contest is mine”
“Don’t get too cocky Tyson, only I’m allowed to do that”

Griff was running around in circles ecstatic as usual about his podium position. Psymon and Luther, who were getting bored with fine art of freestyle riding and just wanted to get on with the race events, were at one end of the table having an arm wrestle.
“I have you, you US redneck”, Psymon was winning.
“Not if I win” Luther was pulling it back
“Oh come on I could beat both of you girls” Zoë jibed.
That was enough of a distraction for Luther to loose his concentration and the arm wrestle.
“Hey that’s cheating” he drawled.
“You wanna fight over it” asked Zoë.
Luther backed down and Zoë gave Psymon a high five.
“And Psymon this won’t stop me from knocking you out in a race”
“I should hope not”

Jurgen then stood up to make an announcement, “Ok as you know when the Big Air quali’s are I don’t need to tell you that. You guys have free rein of the sloped down to the tunnel entrance. From there on the slope is being prepared for this evenings event. So go have fun”

With that noise broke out again, and despite the alluring offer of free time on the slopes every one decided to stay off the boards and relax. Allegra, Viggo, Zoë, Moby, Mac, Marty, Griff and Tyson all went up to the pool. Elise and Eddie went down to the beach.

EDIT: Finnished the Giant Parallel Slalom event. Added Superpipe event +

Last edited by Sajjetta on Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:57 pm, edited 9 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:38 pm  Post subject:   
I like stories like these, make's more of a storyline for the series. :wink (plz, i want more)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:42 am  Post subject:   
Nice story Sajjetta could you plase make [glow=black]MORE[/glow] ?

Last updated: 2015/01/25 13:38

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:31 pm  Post subject:   
Zoe's #1 Fan
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #2
  • SSX Blur: Overall: #3
PSN: PabloYeti
Great work Saj

Keep it comin :thumbsup

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:17 am  Post subject:   
Thanks guys. I also got drawring so expectsome new stuff for the ultimate track when I upload it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:07 am  Post subject:   
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
AHEM...submit to knowledge base fan fiction section pls. :D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:16 pm  Post subject:   
Sure thing gondee. I assume I can edit stuff in once I have submited it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:37 pm  Post subject:   
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Sajjetta wrote:
Sure thing gondee. I assume I can edit stuff in once I have submited it.

Yep, once you've submitted it you're free to add to it or even delete it if you'd like. :china

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:18 pm  Post subject:   
Cool, I'll get it done ASAP then. :cheers

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:08 pm  Post subject:   
Added some new stuff

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:41 pm  Post subject:   
PSN: Emskinen
scotskid likes.
but sheshould probably not be reading as she has a fanfiction ofher own to write and should really sleep.

Either way, this is quite amusing=]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:11 pm  Post subject:   
Thanks. :cheers :china

scotskid should definatly sleep though as she has started to talk in the third person.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:57 pm  Post subject:   
Sajjetta wrote:
Thanks. :cheers :china

scotskid should definatly sleep though as she has started to talk in the third person.
Nah.
That's normal. Ask my best friends. :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:35 am  Post subject:   
I have just finnished the second chapter.

Happy reading.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:00 am  Post subject: Re: The Ice Jam  
Sajjetta wrote:
“My ears are burning” he said before turning back to Psymon.
“Anyway thats why I’m gonna win”
“No chance Psymon”. “Oi!” He had just been hit by a snowball that had been launched by Griff.
ROFL! (We need a rofl smilie)

Sajjetta wrote:
“I don’ wanna know what those two love birds are up to” laughed Marisol in reply.
Ohhhhhhhhh *wink*:P Cept I'm secretly Zoe:P:P KIDDING

Hehehehe, I like this rather a lot.

*thumbsup*

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:49 pm  Post subject: Re: The Ice Jam  
scotskid wrote:

Hehehehe, I like this rather a lot.

*thumbsup*

:cheers Thanks :thumbsup

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:56 am  Post subject:   
Added a wee bit more. Again.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:11 pm  Post subject:   
Ouch. Poor Marty.

Anfd full English Breakfasts are only good with Square Sausages XD

Anyway, was good as per usual=]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:21 pm  Post subject: Re: The Ice Jam  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #2
  • SSX Blur: Overall: #3
PSN: PabloYeti
Sajjetta wrote:

:heh shes actually telling Moby shes leaving him for [yeti] ........ :heh :heh :heh

Nice work Saj :cheers

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:03 pm  Post subject:   
Thanks Yeti.

Added a very little bit.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:03 pm  Post subject:   
Oi, dude, this getting updated soon?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:45 pm  Post subject:   
I dunno, probably in a couple of months time.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:53 pm  Post subject:   
Months?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:06 pm  Post subject:   
Yeah im giving it a rest for the time being.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:13 pm  Post subject:   
Fair enough

Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 2 [ 36 posts ]  1, 2