Switch to full style
Join other great fan artists and showoff your fan art and fan fiction
Post a reply

Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:38 am

It's been a while since I was in this part of the messageboard.

I've been busy with work, trying to write a book (seriously!), and playing games, all while keeping my sanity, or what's left of it.

But once in a while, I think of this page, and how much fun it was to write short tales.

I wanted to do a new tale: The backstory of SSX competitors in a new SSX game. Granted, the game doesn't exist, but that won't stop me, eh?

I'll have part one sometime tomorrow. (I'd do it today, but this stupid dial-up is a pain in the butt)

Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:08 am

This is for a reboot of the SSX franchise (a lot of things are getting rebooted these days).
I call this 'SSX Skills'.

So, checking out each rider's bio, you get a little backstory. Staying true to the characters, and trying to put a little life into this, here are the updated backstories. We'll start with Mac Fraser.

MACKENZIE "MAC" FRASER

--A hip-hop/electronica dj extraordinaire, Mac was introduced to the world of snowboarding (in particular SSX) at a friend's house during the winter years back. To Mac, snowboarding was just like working the turntables -- absolutely natural. So natural, in fact, he doesn't even think about the course while competing, but rather the next new tracks he'll lay down at the club that night.

His goal in SSX is to not only be the best, but to try to go against (and defeat) the "mystery man" that had left competition years ago, Brodi Ford. No one knows why he left, but perhaps Mac's musical stylings can lure him into revealing the truth.

------------------------------------

Good start, eh? I'll have Elise and others later.

Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:48 pm

Definitely a good start.

Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:42 pm

Cool. Now, here's the rebooted backstories of Elise and Psymon.

ELISE RIGGS

-- Like her volleyball counterpart Gabby Reese, Elise Riggs is an athlete and supermodel. This Canadian bombshell is no flash in the pan -- she's the real deal, and shows no mercy on the slopes. She does admit to using her looks to her advantage; she'll flirt with the male competitors to throw them off guard, then watch them crash and burn as she stands on top of the podium with yet another victory.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PSYMON STARK

-- While riding his mountain bike as a young kid, Psymon accidentally ran into some power lines, electrocuting him. He not only survived, he thrived -- pain and adrenaline became his allies. Now this nightmarish nihilist shows his dominance on the slopes.

It's been rumored that the electrocution triggered a psychokinetic enhancement for Stark, which may explain certain tricks which would be deemed as impossible for others to do.

(when he wears his straight jacket outfit, he can still do knockdowns via psychokinesis. see?)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

That's all I've got for now. I'll be back with more rebooted backstories.

Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:09 pm

Neat idea, I've been toying with the idea of writing a short piece on each character based on what they get up to in the off season.

Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:45 pm

Thanks for liking them.

Now here's Allegra and Kaori.

ALLEGRA SAUVAGESS

--A French-born American, Allegra's main passion is rock music. She took up snowboarding because of her idol, Brodi Ford, but no one had seen him since he went into seclusion. Perhaps the enthusiastic riding styles of this freckled-faced cutie can lure Ford out to meet his biggest fan -- she may even perform an original rock song on her Rickenbacker for him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

KAORI NISHIDAKE (sp?)

--Her grandfather was a famous anime director, and her mother was a seiyu (voice actor). Kaori wanted to veer away from the "family business," so she looked towards the snowy hills of Japan, and made a new name for herself.

Her vibrant energy is only matched by her adorable laugh and intense snowboarding moves. One way or another, she'll make her ancestors (and her future generations) proud of her.

(is it Nishidake or Nishidaki?)

Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:02 am

Which character(s) would you like to see next?

I'm saving Brodi for last, since he'll be the last unlockable character in this "game".

Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:08 am

Zoe and Griff. And that fatty that spits in the character selection menu in SSX Tricky.

Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:36 am

Okay.

I was going to do Zoe soon, so may as well do it now.

With Zoe, Moby and Griff, the game would be rated T. You'll see why.

GRIFF SIMMONS

--The pint-sized powerhouse seems to be the fresh face sponsors are looking towards at this season's events. The son of former skier Tiffany "Tiff" Simmons, he is unaware of who his father is; Tiff has said she met him at an SSX event years ago. Doubtful that it's the legendary Brodi Ford, but Griff does have his riding style.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MOBY JONES

--The Brixton bad boy had shown his domination in BMX racing, so he decided to give snowboarding a try. It was a flawless transistion, and has remained so ever since. To help in training, he got some tips from another rider, Zoe Payne. Since then, the two have been inseparable. Fans often remark that when the two are in the same race together, it becomes the "Zo and Mo Show".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ZOE PAYNE

--This former gymnast turned snowboarder is a trendsetter, but she hates being labeled as such. Her riding style, her moves, and her fashion sense is making waves all over the world. She found a sense of harmony with her friend (perhaps something more?), Moby Jones. He's the Yin to her Yang, and the two have been destroying the competition left and right.

Her goal: To be the absolute best. But to do that, she'll have to beat Brodi Ford...if he ever turns up.

---------------------------------------------------------

that's it for now. Who would you like to see for tomorrow?

Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:58 pm

Love it! In particular, Zoe (HAH! Bet y'all thought I was gonna say Brodi. Nah, I"m waiting to see what the big mystery is.) Zoe has got to be one of my faves in all the games....

You're doing a great job staying in character. But, uhm, Griff possibly Brodi's son? heh...interesting idea.

Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:11 pm

Wow, this is very good, please, write more! :yes

Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:10 pm

deadpool247 wrote:Thanks for liking them.

Now here's Allegra and Kaori.

ALLEGRA SAUVAGESS

--A French-born American, Allegra's main passion is rock music. She took up snowboarding because of her idol, Brodi Ford, but no one had seen him since he went into seclusion. Perhaps the enthusiastic riding styles of this freckled-faced cutie can lure Ford out to meet his biggest fan -- she may even perform an original rock song on her Rickenbacker for him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

KAORI NISHIDAKE (sp?)

--Her grandfather was a famous anime director, and her mother was a seiyu (voice actor). Kaori wanted to veer away from the "family business," so she looked towards the snowy hills of Japan, and made a new name for herself.

Her vibrant energy is only matched by her adorable laugh and intense snowboarding moves. One way or another, she'll make her ancestors (and her future generations) proud of her.

(is it Nishidake or Nishidaki?)

Yeah its Nishidake..you're right! And these are great by the way!

Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:04 am

These are awesome deadpool :thumbsup
keep up the good work :)
:cheers
Post a reply