Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:10 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 9:21 pm  Post subject: SSX Moments: A Series of Short Comic Stories  
Just for the heck of it, I decided to start a SSX "series" of sorts. The stories are episodic and won't necessarily follow a main plot line. It's more like a comic strip, but without the pictures. :heh Hopefully, I'll be able to update it regularly. In addition, if anyone else wants to post a comic episode here, please feel free to do so. :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the first episode...enjoy! :D

SSX Moments

Episode 1: Puttin' the "Action" in Action Figures

Opening scene: Several SSX 3 action figure dolls are situated on a smooth tabletop. One of the figures is a superhero version of Griff, complete with tights and cape. This doll is currently being held by a young boy's hand. Meanwhile, a nearby Zoe doll stands over a prone Kaori doll.

As the Griff superhero doll is positioned into a heroic pose, a preteen male voice proudly declares, “Fear not, pretty girl! I, Super Griff, will save you!” Unfortunately, before the Griff doll can take proper action, a Psymon action figure rudely interrupts. The doll's intrusion is accompanied by the sound of another, distinctly older, male voice.

"First dibs on gorgeous!" With that proclamation, the Zoe and Psymon figures are promptly pressed together by a pair of larger hands and held in a "kissing pose."

Not surprisingly, the Griff doll's owner becomes rather upset. "Hey!" After a brief moment, the superhero doll is pointed toward the now ignored Kaori doll. The young male voice curiously asks, “Aren’t you going to rescue her?”

The Psymon figure briefly pauses to assess the Kaori doll. The older voice snickers and answers, “Nope, the runt isn’t worth it." The Zoe and Psymon dolls resume their "kissing."

The Griff action hero is waved indignantly. “But you’re kissing the villain!”

No sooner than those words are spoken, a sudden chill envelops the scene. The view cuts back to reveal the real Zoe and Kaori angrily looming over the real Psymon and Griff. Caught in the act of playing with their action figures, the two males suddenly become chagrined.

Standing next to Psymon, Kaori growls, “Who’s not worth saving, baka?”

Zoe face mirrors her fellow female athlete's as she hovers over Griff. "Just exactly who’s the villain?” Turning to Psymon, she continues, "And since when am I that easy?"

The response by Griff and Psymon is less than eloquent. "Er...heheh..."

Wrong answer. A scuffle immediately ensues as the two females try to bestow some righteous justice upon the two hapless males. Nate and Mac attempt to intervene, but their involvement only escalates the fight.

As the other SSX athletes witness the scuffle, Viggo excitedly exclaims, "Alright!!" Not wanting to be left out of the fun, the flamboyant blonde runs and vaults over the cash register countertop, startling the fast food employees. Before anyone can stop him, Viggo starts flinging burger patties, buns, soft serve ice cream, soda, and anything else he can grab. No one is spared from the aerial culinary assault.

Eddie, always one to instigate, eagerly shouts, "Food fight!!"

Within moments, the entire restaurant becomes a battlezone. Soon after, local police arrive to break up the mess.

Final scene: The entire SSX gang sits locked up in a local jail cell. All are still covered with varying amounts of foodstuffs. Psymon and Griff also appear a bit worse for wear, sporting numerous cuts and bruises. Many of the athletes are directing dirty looks at Kaori, Zoe, Psymon, Griff, Viggo, and Eddie. While three of the main culprits appear rather sheepish, Viggo chuckles, finding humor in the gang's current predicament. Psymon and Zoe merely seem bored. No SSX action figures are present, having long since been confiscated "as evidence."

Moby, whipping a bit of food topping off his face, sarcastically notes, “All I wanted was a bloody burger and fries. Was that too much to ask?"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 9:35 pm  Post subject:   
Starving Artist
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

This is a FANTASTIC idea!!!! And that was so great DG, I LOVE it! You have to do more, and so should everyone else!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 10:14 pm  Post subject:   
I'd do one, but i'm not very good at making stories like DG's.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:35 pm  Post subject:   
Thanks for the compliments, Krystony! :china I'm glad everyone likes this. :D

Here's the next story. I must warn you, this one is a bit longer. I hope it isn't too long. :heh

Enjoy! :china

SSX Moments

Episode 2: The Best Bolt-On

"Aw'm tellin' you, Aw got an accessory that's better than anything anyone else has got!" Nate brags to Griff. The twelve-year old listens to the older snowboarder in awe.

"Even better than my superhero cape?"

"Yup."

"Even better than my space helmet?"

"Yup."

"Even better than Kuma-chan?" Nate's boasts have attracted the attention of Kaori and many of the other SSX athletes. "Kuma-chan can carry lot's of stuff!"

"Aw'll admit, that pack is pretty handy, but my accessory still better."

Mac shakes his head, "Ain't no way it's better than my blaster!" Lifting up his huge boombox, the eighteen-year old adjusts the volume to max. "Check out this sound!"

Kaori sees her friend is about to activate his stereo. "Mac-kun, no!!"

The Japanese woman's warning comes too late. Mac flips the "on" switch to his boombox. Instantly, a torrent of earthshakingly loud music erupts from the stereo, causing nearly everyone present to clasp their hands to their ears in pain. The shockwave of sound sends Moby crashing through the window and into the chilly nighttime mountain air.

A stream of curses accompanies the Englishman's flight. "@*&$(&#*@+$*!!! Of all the @$&(#$*(&@#, bloody, $&*(*&#@)*$#^, stupid...Fraser, you $%*#$@&@*^$#^*% little git!! When I get my $*&#@%*&@^#$& hands on you, I'll @*&#$@&@%&$#@..." Moby's voice fades as he proceeds to tumble down a nearby ravine.

Zoe wrenches the boombox from Mac and quickly shuts it off. "I'll show you a good accessory!" Before the teen can protest, Zoe drops Mac's boombox, whips out her crowbar, and promptly begins smashing the stereo. A round of hearty applause greets Zoe's actions.

"Hey!! That's my..." Mac notices Kaori glaring at him.

"You're lucky that isn't you, Mac-kun."

Allegra walks up beside Mac, "And there's no tellin' what will happen when Moby gets back." She nonchalantly pokes the DJ's forehead, "Sucks to be you, bro." Realizing how furious the English athlete will probably be, Mac finds himself sweating bullets.

Already brushing aside the stereo incident, Griff eagerly turns back to Nate. "So are you going to let us see your new equipment?"

Nate chuckles good-naturedly, "Sure. If you come to the Much-2-Much Big Air event tomorrow, Aw'll show you."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The next day, the whole SSX gang is gathered over by the finish circle to watch Nate's Big Air performance. Even though Moby is sporting several casts and hobbling on crutches, Mac makes sure to keep his distance from the Englishman.

Nate begins his run. From all indications, it doesn't seem as if his appearance is much different than before. As Nate reaches his peak after launching off the final jump, a parachute opens out from behind his back. Both an emblem of a beef steer and the logo "Logan Farms" are proudly displayed on the parachute. The chute reduces Nate's rate of decent sufficiently enough to allow him to execute an insane amount of uber tricks before gently touching the ground within the finish area. The other SSX athletes stare slack-jawed at the display.

"Coooooool!!!" Griff is suitably impressed.

However, others are much less so.

"Tha...that's cheating!!" Kaori is quite angry. She would never have thought Nate would be the type to stoop to such levels of dishonor. Many of the other athletes exhibit similar looks of disapproval.

"Yeah!! What were you thinking, bozo!!" For once, Psymon is in agreement with his rival. "Cheating's supposed to be my speciality!!" Kaori stares at Psymon, then slugs him hard in the arm. The crazy Canadian smirks back at the Japanese boarder, "That didn't hurt, brat. You've got to do better than that."

As Kaori and Psymon get into an argument, Nate tries to defend himself. "Hey! This is a good accessory! It's very practical and allows for a safe landing every time!"

"Yes, it's too bad you did not have such an item, eh monsieur?" J.P. jovially pats Moby on the back, causing the Englishman to wince in pain. Moby tries to club the laughing Frenchman with one of his crutches, but misses.

Brodi notes, "Such an item is hardly in the spirit of this competition."

Nate grumbles, "Aw don't care what everyone says. Aw still think it is...huh?" A severe gust of wind somehow catches his unfurled chute and immediately yanks him into the air. "Wha...what's happening!!"

As both the athletes and audience stare in shock, they see Nate rapidly gaining both altitude and distance.

"HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!!!"

Everyone watches in amazement as Nate's figure gradually becomes smaller and smaller until he finally disappears over the mountaintop and fades into the sunset.

"Coooooool!!!" Griff is easily impressed.

While everyone continues to gaze at the spot where Nate was last seen, Zoe comments to no one in particular, "You know, I say we let him keep his parachute."

Last edited by Dreaming Gamer on Tue Nov 11, 2003 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 11:25 pm  Post subject:   
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Cleaned up this topic from all the Funkydawg/Edged Boarder mess.

Great stuff, DG! :) Keep it comin! :D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 5:09 pm  Post subject:   
Starving Artist
Oh man... that one was MUCH funnier then the first one!!! I mean, it actually made me lol. :heh Seriously, you write some really good, wholesome, and HILARIOUS stuff! And I like the way you set it up... how it's not really a story, but kind of like a script. TOO FUNNY!!! I really dig your style DG. :dj

*stands up and claps* Wooooooooooo!!!! :cheers

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 7:58 pm  Post subject:   
And I still can't make one!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 9:47 pm  Post subject:   
Thanks again for the praise, Gondee and Krystony! :china I'm glad the stories are turning out well so far. With luck, many more should be forthcoming. :D

Krystony wrote:
And I like the way you set it up... how it's not really a story, but kind of like a script.

Thanks, Krystony. I'm really happy you like this style. :) By using the present tense, I've been hoping to create short skits that resemble web comics (Fred Gallagher's Megatokyo is really inspiring to me right now :D ) or doujinshi.

Edged boarder wrote:
And I still can't make one!

If you're having trouble trying to write a story in regular pose format, try using script format. It doesn't have to be anything real long - even a few short paragraphs can work. Just imagine a paneled comic with some funny dialogue. Here's an example :)

Opening scene: Eddie can be seen repeatedly ascending and descending in various close-up dramatic mid-air poses. With each pose, the afro'd boarder gazes downward with more and more determination.

Zooming outward, we see Elise and Viggo are watching Eddie going back and forth on one small section of a half-pipe.

Viggo: (Appreciative of Eddie's display) "Whoa, nice air. Is he practicing for today's event?"

Elise: (Rolls her eyes) "No. He'd heard Lucy Liu was in the local area. He's trying to get a glimpse of her."

Viggo: (Eyes bug out) "Really?" (He eagerly rushes out to join Eddie.) "Hey dude, wait for me!!"

Closing scene: Elise now sees both Viggo and Eddie trying to repeatedly get massive airtime on the half-pipe. Each is actively searching for Lucy Liu.

Elise: (Snorts in disgust) "Men."

Hope this helps, Edged Boarder. Good luck! :D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:18 am  Post subject:   
XBL: tk9077
PSN: tk102
Personally, I don't like the script format. But if it helps you with your story then I guess I'm ok with that. But I'd rather prefer it differently. Hey, you could always convert it afterwards. :D

Edit: I finally got around to reach the second story and its pretty good but I noticed alot of people are making fun of Nate. What's up with that?

Last edited by Vivi FF on Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 2:50 pm  Post subject:   
Starving Artist
The reason I like it script form is because when I'm reading it, I picture it as a comic strip instead of the way I normaly would picture things reading a regular story. You know what I mean? I think it's pretty cool. =)

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]