Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:26 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:52 am  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
PSN: MistressWiggle
Wow I've been so out of the loop recently. Yeti this is all fab, voted in the poll as requested. I'd get shot of Nate - replace with Psymon.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:13 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #2
  • SSX Blur: Overall: #3
PSN: PabloYeti
NA wrote:
Wow I've been so out of the loop recently. Yeti this is all fab, voted in the poll as requested. I'd get shot of Nate - replace with Psymon.

:china thank you NA - and thanks for voting as well :thumbsup
And Im good with the swap - I'll go and change to Psymon :yes

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:45 am  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
Zoe's #1 Fan
I was thinking more about my character Sam (Insane) Hain and her face scarf/mask

As the idea of phase one is low tech/low gear, thought it would be nice if the scarf was an easy bolt on that you can choose (bit like board selections). Some are specific to characters like Sams Pumpkin with her orange goggles, others need to be earned as a trophy of achievement - possible early medal award system.

What ever the idea, like the board graphics, it could be an easy way to personalise your boarder with a swappable graphic and save time doing some face animations for the EA team (works for Prime in transformers :) )

So below is a google image to get the ideas going - please state if your design is a general design, character specific, a trophy win (state how) or any other idea...

The character doesn't have to be one on the line up, just ideas and designs needed :thumbsup

Id say present your idea as a scarf/mask like the images, but also as a square patch so we can see the design flat (unless there's a template? might look at this later)

might have said before but:
These might make an awesome give away to promote the game at events. Also, (might??) be cheaper to produce than past promotional items so you can give more away.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:56 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Heres the basic mask shape set to the resolution we created the boards from.
save this image so all the masks can be the same size/shape.

Jpeg showing - I'll ask Gondee to attached the psd to this post :)

PSD link download - http://www.merqurycity.com/gondee/ssx%20mask%20layers.psd

Cheers G :china

Design away :thumbsup

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:21 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
Zoe's #1 Fan
to get the ball rolling :)

(from the mask file Ive saved the image at 800pixels across)

Sams Mask - Jack O' Lantern

AcidHoles

Colour Swatch

Venom

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:17 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Looking through pics for ideas, came across the new years celebrations that occur on ski/snowboarding slopes.
Looks cool and love the colours - maybe when each Big Mountain peak unlocks this kind of celebration should occur?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:32 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
Zoe's #1 Fan
so on the 12th March 2007 I posted a gif I made as a possible idea

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7113&hilit=solar

8 years later, I remembered this post because today I just found this

it all just got real :thumbsup liking it alot
New glowing boards for the next SSX anyone?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:40 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Dunno why but I quite like this gear

"Bolle Osmoz — We’re stoked to see this new helmet/goggle combo from Bolle. The integrated design looks extremely well engineered. Bolle claims the system works for a “full range of face and head shapes.” (Melonheads included, we think.) Interchangeable lenses keep the helmet/goggle relevant anytime from sunny days to night runs under resort lights."

IF some new gear can get into the game then possible real sponsors could help raise the profile of the game "as featured in the next gen game - SSX" and vise versa... maybe? as well as add a bit of money into the funding pot.

Think this is cool as well

"For the ski or snowboard enthusiast on your list, the must-have gadget of the year has got to be the world’s first Snow Goggles with GPS and a head mounted display brought to us by Zeal/Recon. With this device, a miniature computer gathers information from a number of onboard sensors and provides location, speed, altitude and temperature information to the wearer via a micro-LCD display inside the goggles."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:37 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
PSN: MistressWiggle
Holy crap those glowing boards are IMMENSE. I LOVE them.

A quick idea, I've always been passionate about playlists in SSX since Tricky listed favourite music on characters biographies. I made a quick ideal playlist for Freya, not my style of music but I guess she'd be into empowering feminine stuff with a good beat?

Little Mix - Salute
Pussycat Dolls - When I grow up
Garbage - Why do you love me?
Arina Grande - Problem
Delain - Generation me
Within Temptation - Faster
Amaranthe - Dynamite
Blondie - Call me
Gin Wigmore - Man like that
Katy Perry - Roar
P!nk - U and ur hand

Just ideas. What about your characters? What playlists would you like to see for other characters? Background music? etc Just thinking of random stuff.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:27 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Those mask textures look like SSX thongs. :heh

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:40 am  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
Zoe's #1 Fan
gondee wrote:
Those mask textures look like SSX thongs. :heh

:lol how your mind works
Its the new deadly decent - BIG PANTS mode :D

NA wrote:
Just ideas. What about your characters? What playlists would you like to see for other characters? Background music? etc Just thinking of random stuff.

Like it, will try do something for mine :thumbsup

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:36 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
Zoe's #1 Fan
I was looking at the tube scarf which would be just a square design sewn into shape (less thong :lol ) but decided for the in game model and design it would be easier to create and change graphics (like the board design) on the wing shape. Especially when doing a design like Sams Pumpkin mouth, or the lion design here
| Click to reveal hidden content

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:18 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Song for the characters, so far:

Yeti
Johnny B Goode - Chuck Berry
Long Tall Sally - Little Richard
Great Balls of Fire - Jerry Lee Lewis

Sam
Push it - Garbage
Going Down - Mel C
Feel Good Time - Pink
Halo - Soil
Gunboat - Vixtrola
Step Up (clean edit) - Drowning Pool
(Cant you) Trip Like I Do - The Crystal Method

Back to more designs soon :)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:27 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
Zoe's #1 Fan
just to cover what I said from another topic - this would also suit Project SSX

Quote:
Along with the mention of PS2 emulation on PS4, Official Playstation magazine used this as an example of what could be possible to play if it went ahead in this month magazine.

legend text reads: Shredding powder in the open-world playground of SSX3 would be great to relive on Playstation 4

Anyone got the twitter link to Sony so we can confirm we'd like this and more?

OR - if we are getting an SSX in the works in 2016, wouldn't it be nice if SSX, Tricky and SSX3 and On Tour were all on the disc and worked with the PS4 emulation software? (and of course Xbox).

By giving the consoles an emulator, it would be nice to include the previous SSX, Tricky and SSX3 on the same disc (or second in box disc) as a back story to Project SSX (or given as a possible pre-order special edition). This would be ideal to old fans and new ones who can play the back history of the game from its rise to Big Mountain and then new story of it being rebuilt to its former glory. :thumbsup

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:58 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
Zoe's #1 Fan
So will June 14-16 2016 bring us the news we want at E3??

short course idea next, just a simple one as...well, Ive never done this before :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:02 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
Zoe's #1 Fan
While I still doodle a track, I decided to have a go at a Big Mountain 3 Peak logo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:00 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
XBL: CurryKingDH
PSN: CurryKingDH
Oooohh that last logo is sleek! Love it!

Really exciting that they used a screenshot from SSX3 when talking about emulation for PS4, I'd buy that in a heartbeat even though i run it on my xbox 360

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:16 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
XBL: Chewykokoro
PSN: Caelumscientia
Yeti wrote:
just to cover what I said from another topic - this would also suit Project SSX

Quote:
Along with the mention of PS2 emulation on PS4, Official Playstation magazine used this as an example of what could be possible to play if it went ahead in this month magazine.

legend text reads: Shredding powder in the open-world playground of SSX3 would be great to relive on Playstation 4

Anyone got the twitter link to Sony so we can confirm we'd like this and more?

OR - if we are getting an SSX in the works in 2016, wouldn't it be nice if SSX, Tricky and SSX3 and On Tour were all on the disc and worked with the PS4 emulation software? (and of course Xbox).

By giving the consoles an emulator, it would be nice to include the previous SSX, Tricky and SSX3 on the same disc (or second in box disc) as a back story to Project SSX (or given as a possible pre-order special edition). This would be ideal to old fans and new ones who can play the back history of the game from its rise to Big Mountain and then new story of it being rebuilt to its former glory. :thumbsup

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:40 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
Zoe's #1 Fan
CurryKingDH wrote:
Oooohh that last logo is sleek! Love it!

Cool :thumbsup cheers dude

Nice high res pic leclair, and welcome :)

more ideas coming soon - just work busy at the mo :)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:02 am  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Track Sketch - Brontide Valley

part1

part2

part3

part4

oops - 2 n 3 needed swapping - now swapped :)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:14 am  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Course Breakdown

Brontide Valley

Start line
1) Track twists off into a howling cave (see past post)

2) as the player gains experience by phase 2 the short cut jump will be possible (phases occur as the tracks are built - see past post)

3) During phase 1 & 2 the player must enter the cave system. On phase 3 Track twist is introduced as a short cut for the more experienced player to take. Fail to complete the loop will drop the player into the cave system, losing them time.

4) Inside the cave system, coming out of a howling cave.
Might be nice to have a glowing crystal cavern to race through with an underground lake reflecting the sunlight through the crystals to give of some colour and light.

5) Frozen waterfall drop where the player can take the jump to the snow or stay longer on the slick ice but with less control.

6) Phase 3 jump. Until then it is impassable because of trees and the player must go around.

7) Stadiums, another phase 3 addition with smaller spectator zones in phase 2.

8) Finish line. builds to a full floodlit stadium finish as the phases are achieved.

(problem solved, Thanks Gondee :china )

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:33 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Apart from the track sketch I've also been busy with these :)

with a brush steel effect as an experiment

either a menu system or storyboard ad next :) which ever I get time to do :thumbsup

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:20 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
XBL: Chewykokoro
PSN: Caelumscientia
Real time hair? ~ EA make it happen T.T

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:06 am  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
I'm currently playing SSX3 again on my PC with PCSX2 and an xbox 360 controller, and it's really cool to be able to get it in high resolution, graphical enhancements etc. I heard the GameCube version runs really well on dolphin too. This got me thinking.

Would it be possible to do a ROM hack of SSX 3 and make some of this stuff a reality? Has it ever been done for a PS2 game?

Can you imagine how cool it would be to create an "enhanced edition" of SSX3 with new characters, items, courses, events and tricks? That would be insane!

If this isn't possible - which it probably isn't - we could create a SSX "spiritual successor" in Unity or something. It probably wouldn't be as tight gameplay-wise or as good looking as the SSX games but wouldn't it be a cool way to put together fan made resources in a package? I remember the SSX RPG that someone worked on a while ago, something like that. Or even a SkiFree style retro game!

Sorry if I'm rambling, I just think it would be cool for us, the fans, to take the series forward with our creativity and all the awesome stuff that's been gathered in this thread.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:18 am  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
PSN: jonipooon
flexxx wrote:
I'm currently playing SSX3 again on my PC with PCSX2 and an xbox 360 controller, and it's really cool to be able to get it in high resolution, graphical enhancements etc. I heard the GameCube version runs really well on dolphin too. This got me thinking.

Would it be possible to do a ROM hack of SSX 3 and make some of this stuff a reality? Has it ever been done for a PS2 game?

Can you imagine how cool it would be to create an "enhanced edition" of SSX3 with new characters, items, courses, events and tricks? That would be insane!

If this isn't possible - which it probably isn't - we could create a SSX "spiritual successor" in Unity or something. It probably wouldn't be as tight gameplay-wise or as good looking as the SSX games but wouldn't it be a cool way to put together fan made resources in a package? I remember the SSX RPG that someone worked on a while ago, something like that. Or even a SkiFree style retro game!

Sorry if I'm rambling, I just think it would be cool for us, the fans, to take the series forward with our creativity and all the awesome stuff that's been gathered in this thread.

I don't think so. ROM hacking is typically used for simple consoles like Nintendo DS and Super NES. And since Nintendo 64 and Playstation are considered "advanced" consoles in this area, I doubt anyone would even dare to try it on a PS2. Unfortunately...

It's a real shame none of the SSX games had PC ports. I can't even begin to imagine the endless amount of mods....

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 4 of 5 [ 123 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5