Switch to full style
Join other great fan artists and showoff your fan art and fan fiction
Post a reply

Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:52 pm

edit: seems the gallery is offline for the moment - I'll call back later

Well, that's news to me. It's probably been broken a while - we moved servers a few weeks ago and it seems that something's wrong with it since then. We had some issues with some other stuff too so I guess I should have figured. I'll see if I can figure out what's wrong this weekend. :frusty

EDIT - It looks like this could be more serious than just a bug fix. Apparently they moved our site onto a different type of server and Gallery3 may not work on that type of server. I will have to see what can be done about it. I ran across some code I hope will work, but I'll have to wait for this weekend to give it a shot.

Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:50 am

Why is this thread called "city's bad fanart thread"? It should be called "city's awesome fanart thread". :cheers

Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:54 pm

:heh :heh :heh Thanks Joni! I'll probably change it to something else when I update the thread.

Sorry to hear about the gallery problems, gondee. Hope you can find a solution without too much frustration.

Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:00 pm

:woot :woot Incredibru

I remember when you said you wanted to start drawing digitally. Holy crap. You have improved like crazy. Elise is my favorite.. umm umm I really like the textures in this one. :heh Those are pro. And I agree. Change the thread title back to City's Painting Thread :P

Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:37 am

Thanks, Emu!! I actually started back in middle school, but I was too shy to share anything until I got some good ol' chat encouragement. :heh One day I should post all of the SSX fanart I did before I started posting them here. Some of it is pretty funny. :P

edit: I just realized that the board isn't upscaling my stuff; I've just been zoomed in with chrome. No wonder everything looked so blurry! :heh :heh :heh

Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:41 pm

i lied mac's already done!

Disclaimer: this one's pretty photo-based (by this I mean observationally, not editing photos in or something!). I actually dressed up in my dad's heavy-duty snow gear and took pics to look at later. :heh The lighting is slightly different, and I also didn't stick to the color theme. New set, new look! Or something.

I also tried something new: recording the entire thing! It didn't turn out great because of my method for speeding up the footage and how much I move around the workspace, but if you're willing to sit through some serious jerkiness, it could be interesting? Maybe? (but now I know exactly how long this took me. 16 hours!)

Last edited by citylights on Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:52 pm

Holy crap. :D That looks great! Loving the textures and wrinkles.

I liked the video. The first 12 minutes were great, not gonna talk about the last 2 min. :err

Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:01 am

I like that the clothing is how a person in real life would (probably? :??? ) wear it. Looks like the npc concept art from The Last of Us. :thumbsup

Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:35 am

Boo Boo <3

Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:00 am

Oh my gooooood.

City the video was great, would be nice if you could do one that actually shows what you're doing in your paint programme so that it's like atutorial.

Mac looks FANTASTIC. Can't believe how good it is WOW. Would love to see Ty and the others in your style. Looks like concept art, if this is what it's like now I can't wait to see what your art is like in a year, or two years time you're gonna improve SO MUCH.

Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:39 am

Aaaahhhh thanks so much everyone! NA, I could probably do that with better planning, although I'm not sure if my sloppy method ought to be taught! :heh + I get so excited thinking about improving! Felt so good to get that last Kaori piece done because I've been attempting something like that for 2+ years. I always seem to come up with ideas years before I can actually pull them off!

Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:57 pm

Gallery's back up! Priority one, put city's sweet fanart in there stat! :woot

Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:04 pm

:woot Thanks gondee, I've missed it!

Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:50 pm

Will do G - and City, love the new art :thumbsup

Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:30 pm

Thanks, Yeti! :cheers

I promise I'm still working on these—here's a little update:

Gonna update all of the gals like this as well. Also, I was halfway done with Moby and changed my mind completely...oops.

Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:19 am

City, did we ever put your art in the gallery? We need to fix that stat if that's the case.

Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:23 am

G - I'll sort it no we're up and running again :D

Nice work City :thumbsup

Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:00 pm

Fan Art Gallery should be working again yeti, so anytime go ahead and put City's art in the gallery.

Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:47 pm

Cool, thanks guys! :)

Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:43 pm

http://www.merqurycity.com/ssx_gallery/index.php/fanart/SSX-2012-Fan-Art/Citylights-Art :thumbsup
you needed a folder :yes

Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:21 am

Oh god, I missed Kaori versions 2 and 3. They are awesome!

Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:42 pm

Awesome, thanks so much Yeti! :notworthy + Thank youuu NA!

Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:03 pm

Woah! How come I haven't seen this before?!?! Nicely done :thumbsup

Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:52 pm

Thanks, jjakt! :D

Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:16 pm

That looks amazing. :yes Good job city (and thanks Yeti.) :D
Post a reply