Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:14 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:01 pm  Post subject: Re: Some of my non-ssx work  
XBL: CurryKingDH
PSN: CurryKingDH
Haha thanks peeps :) Your compliments really mean a lot, especially as when I showed my graphics teacher all my boxman work he ripped it apart and criticised literally everything. Knowing that not everyone thinks its shit makes me feel a bit better about my work :P

In other news, I can't believe Im a celeb is back on AGAIN soon. Getting sick of that show now lol.

Also, just finished up another Bioshock poster using some parts from the last one. I think this one is miles better.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:53 pm  Post subject: Re: Some of my non-ssx work  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #2
  • SSX Blur: Overall: #3
PSN: PabloYeti
Like the new poster style , nice work :thumbsup

As for Graphic Teachers, Ive had more than my share of experience with them. At the end of the day if its not their thing, not much you can do about it. Just know theres an audience for everything so keep pushing your stuff online etc.

If your doing stuff for grades, remember the teacher is your client and you do your work based around their needs, just as if you we're being paid to do it as a job. Youll find your marks go up if you think this way. You might not like the work but its not about what you like, its about using your skills to make the client happy with the end result.
I never took this route :heh until near the end of my educational life but I was happy with what I did and the extra stuff I threw into my portfolio that I did for myself (in your case Boxman) opened more opportunities for me (along with the grades) because they could see when I spoke abut it, I loved what I had created.

Keep posting your work matey its great stuff.
If you like what your doing it will help develope skills without you knowing it; that will come in handy without you realising. All the work I did here in the fan base helped me understand webgraphics and improve my illustration skills, two things that have come in very handy over the last few years.
:)

Thinking about it this way - I have alot to thank Gondee and Merq for :china :china :china

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:16 pm  Post subject: Re: Some of my non-ssx work  
This is why I vote you as the nicest person every year Yeti!

I get what you are saying about doing it for grades and that has been the case in my other units at college. The first 2 units I had to change my work based on what they wanted and my marks went up. I wasn't happy with what I had made but I was happy with my A grade at the end of the year so I didn't mind. :heh

The funny part is that this third unit is actually called 'personal investigation' and the guidelines say that all work must be original designs straight from the student and that input from tutors should be minimal. Unfortunately my college is obsessed with just getting good grades so they are 'bending the rules' and are literally telling us what to make which sucks. I've done a bit of extra work and I've wrote mini essays for each of my pieces explaining why I've done what I have and that should make up for the marks I might loose for not changing things.

Oh well, I've only got a month left of this unit. Then it's just one more unit where I'll use the client mindset and I'll be done with them. Just got to jump through those hoops :P

Thanks for the kind words and thanks for reminding me to actually start putting my portfolio together :heh I've been slacking on that.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:24 pm  Post subject: Re: Some of my non-ssx work  
XBL: joejakt
Woah! That Songbird thing is pretty sweet!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:35 pm  Post subject: Re: Some of my non-ssx work  
Thanks jjakt :)

Been painting some more environments. I'm not completely happy with them but it's still pretty new to me.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:08 pm  Post subject: Re: Some of my non-ssx work  
PSN: MistressWiggle
Oh Curry they're a great start though. Fantastic!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:41 am  Post subject: Re: Some of my non-ssx work  
PSN: jonipooon
I love those, Curry. It's like SSX through atmospheric perspective.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:18 pm  Post subject: Re: Some of my non-ssx work  
Thanks peeps :)

Here's a little valentines piece I quickly painted up! Have a great day btw everyone :)

and here's a couple edits of the original (and the original at the bottom)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:41 pm  Post subject: Re: Some of my non-ssx work  
At first I thought it was cute, but then I saw the guy in the corner... :cry Really like the way you did the tree trunk. All three versions have their merits, but the middle one seems like the best of both worlds (contrast in hues that b/w doesn't have, but with a moodier atmosphere than original). Nice work! :cheers

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:32 am  Post subject: Re: Some of my non-ssx work  
Thanks City! Yeah I felt the middle one had the right tones to match the message behind it :)

Been trying my hand at a few more environments recently. I think I'm getting better at them the more I do (well duh curry! lol) Here's what I've been up to!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:16 pm  Post subject: Re: Some of my non-ssx work  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
You're definitely getting the color tone/feeling right there Curry. :thumbsup

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:34 am  Post subject: Re: Some of my non-ssx work  
PSN: MistressWiggle
Wow curry, looking really good there, it's improved so much since the original post. You must be super proud :)

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Jump to:  

Information
Page 3 of 3 [ 62 posts ]  1, 2, 3