Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:33 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:03 am  Post subject: Been Brainstorming for Fics and Art  
XBL: freejayfly
Sorry, there's actually no art in here at all at the moment, so if you were expecting some, I am really sorry. D: I want to bounce some ideas off of some people to see if i can get some creative juices flowing at the moment. Since my laptop broke (I'm using my roommate's extra one), I've been running dry in the creativity department. Unfortunately, this has been applying to art and writing equally. Which sucks, because I love drawing, and both my fiance and step father are encouraging me to write a book.

Since I've been playing SSX the afternoon of the release date, I've had a lot of SSX on the mind. I thought to myself, "this is great! I'm playing an awesome sequel to an awesome series (sans Blur and On Tour -- come at me bro) and something that had originally got me started on drawing more seriously and writing more seriously. Maybe I can get some ideas after playing it for a while."

Nope.

Granted, my book that I'm writing is about a fantasy world that includes many different races and species, as well as magical elements, but that's besides the point. I've had SSX on the mind so much, like I said... and if anyone has seen my horrid fanfictions from... god knows how long ago -- I had introduced five characters to the SSX crew in my fic 'World Tour' (yeah, seeing that shit come to life is fucking awesome, I'm not going to lie); Jean Smith, Adam Schwartz, Crystal Nolan, Jenna Andrews, and Leo Foster. I've revised those characters so much since then, so maybe I can rewrite that particular fanfic at some point (and actually complete it). Tho at the moment, I've been racking my brain on possibilities and ideas that are just so horrid to me now that I would have thought were pretty fucking awesome back then.

However... with the new SSX, I'm even more torn about what to do with character development. Because... unlike EA, I like keeping ages consistent and happy. EA ruined that aspect for me when they made Griff twenty-two and both Jean and Adam had gotten to know him in the story. If I were to keep ages consistent with the other characters and make Griff not a factor, Jean would be sixteen and Adam would be fifteen. Though, since they did this to Griff, I feel I need to also make it so that Jean and Adam match up to him since it would be weird to have a character go, "... didn't I used to be... a couple months older than you? What the fuck did you find, a fountain of aging?"

Ahhhrrrg. I have to throw caution to the wind at that one, I suppose and just magically age my characters or something just so I'm not tearing my hair over a fanfiction as opposed to a book I actually want to devote time into making a second draft for at some point.

THAT BEING THE CASE.... Is there anyone willing to toss out some ideas that I can work off of for writing to continue character development from about after Blur till Deadly Descents (and perhaps in addition, drawing at some point, too)? I would really appreciate it. ; u ;;; If I'm really inspired, I'll get this thread filled with art from ideas that are starting to get that creative flow going. * u *

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:49 am  Post subject: Re: Been Brainstorming for Fics and Art  
I've also been planning (in fact, now writing ONLY at the computer) a new SSX fanfic "SSX: Black Sentinel." This fan fiction consists of, you know, vampires, double personas, mafias and the bad list goes down there...

But I have this feeling that i can't post it online because I felt like failing in writing again. (like my two previous fail fan fictions.) Though I have so many inspirations, I shall test if it will fit for the story, one by one...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:21 pm  Post subject: Re: Been Brainstorming for Fics and Art  
PSN: MistressWiggle
Jessie if you're worried about failing why not get a BETA? The Fanfiction page needs more stories and it would be great to get some more stuff flowing.

Boogie and I have been bouncing ideas off each other resulting in my starting a rather shoddy rather effortless one shot I'm concentrating on at the moment, which I may or may not upload depending on how I feel about it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:19 am  Post subject: Re: Been Brainstorming for Fics and Art  
NA wrote:
Jessie if you're worried about failing why not get a BETA? The Fanfiction page needs more stories and it would be great to get some more stuff flowing.

Boogie and I have been bouncing ideas off each other resulting in my starting a rather shoddy rather effortless one shot I'm concentrating on at the moment, which I may or may not upload depending on how I feel about it.

I've always wanted to post, but I have no more time to spend... I'm going to be busier than hell this summer. :|

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:04 am  Post subject: Re: Been Brainstorming for Fics and Art  
PSN: Crazy_driveR3
i would like to see some art where Kaori does her Pirouette Air Grind for a background.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]