Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:38 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:37 pm  Post subject: Oh, the memories...  
I'm visiting my Dad in WV for a few days, and decided to take the opportunity to introduce Tricky to my nephew. The hubby and I forgot our memory stick, so the game is starting over fresh (which, come to think of it, is best for him anyway to get him used to the stuff and make him level up the chars by himself.)

I find that while I generally still suck at video games, and really, still Tricky, I now have proof that I've gotten better. I managed to hit several golds right off the bat in both showoff and race. Hell, I even got a bronze in Mesablanca first time out on it here, and the very first time I played Tricky, I must have run that damned course 5 or 6 times before I even got close to a medal.

And yes, I STILL hate Mesablanca.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:35 pm  Post subject: Re: Oh, the memories...  
PSN: KBABZ
Mesablanca is annoying because it hasn't really been designed as a trick course (same can be said for all the later courses save for Alaska).

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:47 am  Post subject: Re: Oh, the memories...  
KBABZ wrote:
Mesablanca is annoying because it hasn't really been designed as a trick course (same can be said for all the later courses save for Alaska).

I actually do pretty well on all the other courses. Nothing record-setting...I'm not THAT good yet. But I can gold in all of them. And I do eventually in Mesablanca, it's just a pain in the arse. The only other one I had trouble with as far as showoff was Aloha Ice Jam, and that's mainly because that track is so damned fast you're finished before you start half the time. (Ooh, I can kick ass in a race, tho! Esp. with Psymon, as long as I don't get his spikey head stuck in the ice somewhere.) Yeah, I agree that the rest of them really aren't trick courses...but for some reason Mesablanca is the only one that frustrates the hell out of me.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:23 pm  Post subject: Re: Oh, the memories...  
PSN: KBABZ
I always get a kick with Mesablanca because it's in sunset, my favourite time of day, and the opening music plays my heart strings like a violinist. When you start, hit one of the side rails (I got for the right one), then jump off it and pull a quick Uber. Later on, go through a blue glass shortcut sign which takes you over the main route on a rocky outcropping. Leap off that and pull the shortest uber your character can do. Then grind down the railway mine tracks. When in the second tunnel, take the left rail so that you can jump off and Uber again. Those are the main deviations I use to get Gold every time!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:40 pm  Post subject: Re: Oh, the memories...  
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Tricky: Showoff: #2
  • SSX Tricky: Overall: #2
KBABZ wrote:
I always get a kick with Mesablanca because it's in sunset, my favourite time of day, and the opening music plays my heart strings like a violinist.

:lol No offense, but I have never ever heard someone speak so gently about Mesablanca. Personally I don't have anything against it.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]