Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:08 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:36 am  Post subject: Re: SSX Tricky Player ratings  
Racing Fiend
I remember myself bringing this topic up on several occasions, but ssx4ever said that FBXs clean run was faster in comparison to mine, regardless of the 2P boost. That's what I believe gave him the upper hand in our debate, and I let just let it slide without further looking into the problem. Now, how do I know that his time was faster? How do I know that ssx4ever didn't make up some bull because I got a better time then him? Where is the proof? Is it fair that FBX and ssx4ever reached this agreement and were totally oblivious to other Tricky competitors? Look these are just speculations, but I believe that I have a legit point here and it deserves to be reevaluated. Think about it Gondee, all I'm doing is just being fair. If you take no action this will further prove that you favor "certain members" over others on the Merqurycity forums. I'm not gonna say anymore. And, I'm not even gonna get into how cheap 2P boost is, especially in PD.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:54 am  Post subject: Re: SSX Tricky Player ratings  
SSX: Racing: #1
Clayman
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX: Racing: #1
  • SSX: Overall: #2
I don't even remember ssx4ever saying that, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt in being more intelligent than to say something as dumb as that.

This is so stupid I can't believe it even needs to be proven. It's a blatant annoying advantage that NO competitor has used but FBX, and nonetheless used to take a top spot that should rightfully belong to someone else. If FBX's normal line is faster than frost's, PD doesn't take as long to nail a perfect run, and he can come back and reclaim his first place like many other vets had to and have done before.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:46 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX Tricky Player ratings  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Dude, a big part of it is the simple fact that in order to prove you 2P boost and invalidate the score, we'd have to video confirm every single pipedream entry - so by default it's kind of expected you would use it because we've never video confirmed any SSX score. It's like using wormholes on the racing tracks - they are there, so you're sort of expected to use anything you can to set records that's not cheat devices. :shrug I don't remember this ever being an issue, I know I did it myself when I was trying to set pipedream records. My collective memory is a little fuzzy on this, so if I said something in the past to contradict this, show me. Outside of this, I'm not all obliged to remove FBX's entry.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:38 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX Tricky Player ratings  
Clayman
Why would you need video proof? A 2p screenshot looks like this:

So it's obvious.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:16 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX Tricky Player ratings  
Racing Fiend
Gondee, as Alp pointed out, a difference between the two modes is very obvious and can be easily verified with a screenshot. Also, in order to get 2P boost, another player is required to set up the 2P character for the punch. This is a single man competition... So unless FBX has 4 arms, I don't know how he performed this maneuver without any assistance. I think you have more then enough solid reasons why FBXs 2P boost score should be remover from the PD scoreboard, but you are being stubborn and irrational in this situation for no particular reason.....

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:58 am  Post subject: Re: SSX Tricky Player ratings  
Overall Best Players: #1SSX Tricky: Overall: #1Overall Best Players: Racing: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 9
  • Overall Best Players: #1
  • SSX Tricky: Overall: #1
  • Overall Best Players: Racing: #1
  • SSX On Tour: Racing: #2
  • SSX On Tour: Overall: #2
  • SSX (2012): Overall: #2
  • SSX Tricky: Showoff: #3
  • SSX On Tour: Showoff: #3
  • Overall Best Players: Showoff: #3
XBL: SaneThe Legend
hey Frost Gondee is one of the Leaders so makes the rules besides you hold more race world records :???

so chillin look how long ago was it! it's like how did u some 2.3 million on snowdream what path???
i looked everywhere and i can't get any higher then 2.2 million so before attacking FBX think or i challenge u :cheers meaning show a video of it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:42 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX Tricky Player ratings  
Clayman
What the hell, just because he holds more records something that's obviously unjust should still count?

Whatever, let it be then. But look, on the SSX 3 boards, the competitors democratically come up with what should be allowed and what shouldn't, and here we've already supplied enough reasons as to why 2P boost shouldn't be allowed but for some reason on this topic of FBXs time it really just does seem to be just 'whatever gondee wants'. If you're trying to say you don't favor FBX, it sure as hell seems like it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:34 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX Tricky Player ratings  
Racing Fiend
the hot legend wrote:
hey Frost Gondee is one of the Leaders so makes the rules besides you hold more race world records :???

so chillin look how long ago was it! it's like how did u some 2.3 million on snowdream what path???
i looked everywhere and i can't get any higher then 2.2 million so before attacking FBX think or i challenge u :cheers meaning show a video of it.

...Gondee is not a leader lol He's a MODERATOR. He is supposed to be the most rational, fair and unbiased person on this whole website. He's the one who is supposed to take initiative to change something when it is obviously unjust, especially when members of his own forum are victims of the cause.

Your comparison of my SD run and FBXs 2P boost technique is completely irrelevant and blown out of proportion. My run is clean and my path consists of 100% hard work. I put in many hours into this course to achieve the score that's before you. On the other hand, FBX lowered his time by about 3 seconds, 3 FUCKING SECONDS, just by simply using 2P boost, and then blatantly submitted this score as a WR for Pipedream. The two are completely different if you haven't noticed. If I got 200,000 points by punching the 2P in the beginning of my SnowDream run, the two examples would be somewhat equivalent and could be compared to each other, but that's not the case. :frusty Of course, if I did such a thing my score would be overthrown because I'm not FBX, but that's another story.

PS I don't know since when it became cool for competitors to post their Master Runs. It's always easier to imitate someone then to come up with an original high scoring path. You chose to post your videos, and I choose not to post mine. However, you're still more then welcome to challenge me. :)

Good luck

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:59 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX Tricky Player ratings  
Racing Fiend
I'm still waiting for a reply.....

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:42 am  Post subject: Re: SSX Tricky Player ratings  
Legend, honestly, just stay out of this stuff. :lol

Quote:
...Gondee is not a leader lol He's a MODERATOR. He is supposed to be the most rational, fair and unbiased person on this whole website. He's the one who is supposed to take initiative to change something when it is obviously unjust, especially when members of his own forum are victims of the cause.

Chief, I AM the leader here. I'm the one who runs this site and keeps it online with money out of my own pocket. It would be dead without me -- completely 100% dust and gone with the wind. The only reason you care at all about this is because I still do. I'm the most rational, fair and unbiased person on this website because I prize that is how a website should be run. Just thank your lucky stars I'm half as unbiased as I am, because some other websites aren't.

alpmaster wrote:

So it's obvious.

:lol Now I feel like a dumbass. Probably have researched that before I stated something so obviously wrong. Disregard my entire last argument and please forgive me being a dumbass.

Quote:
Whatever, let it be then. But look, on the SSX 3 boards, the competitors democratically come up with what should be allowed and what shouldn't

Yes, but they aren't changing the rules NOW. That's my point -- it's been obvious he's used 2P for what, nine years now? At this point invalidating it seems petty, because it's just so far after the fact. Everyone knew he used 2P, as you said, it's obvious. I've known the entire time that he used 2P, and it was fine when I accepted it originally. It still stands now - the fact that I've never changed my mind about this (as far as I remember) is what's making me stay the course. If there was some blatant inequality of using 2P, then that's fine. But there isn't - and it's been up there for years and years.

Quote:
and here we've already supplied enough reasons as to why 2P boost shouldn't be allowed but for some reason on this topic of FBXs time it really just does seem to be just 'whatever gondee wants'. If you're trying to say you don't favor FBX, it sure as hell seems like it.

I haven't heard any reasons beyond "it's a huge advantage" - well yeah, no shit guys. No one ever said it wasn't possible for you to use it, did they? (Again, I asked you to show me if I said something about this being illegal in the past, but I haven't seen you quote anything.) You can use it just like FBX did - don't come whining to me just because it offends your sense of racing honor or whatever. These accusations of favoritism are just about the furthest thing from my mind on why I'm still allowing this. It's all completely precedent - it's been allowed for nine years. Don't get all butt-hurt just because you decided I allowed FBX to use it and forbid you - such is not and never has been the case. So use it and beat his fucking record, simple as that. Any limitations on technique are strictly your own doing - it's like wormholes vs. clean. Well, wormholes are there, people use them, so the clean people will just have to live with it. Same situation here.

You know what this reminds me of? A long time ago, FBX threw a hissy fit because I allowed Time Challenge (or whatever the name of that event on Tricky is for racing) scores onto the scoreboard. He threw a fit like a little baby, went and whined to grandpa grandmort to fix things (which grandmort, even back then, had no idea about because he was absentee even then) because he was scared it would break his records somehow. I smacked him down but he only backed down after it turns out that it was slower than normal racing -- but even if it had been faster, nothing would have kept him from using Time Challenge himself. This reminds me of that. So don't tell me I have some hard-on for FBX, because I went through the same shit with him that I'm doing with you right now.

So use 2P and beat the damn time. Not. That. Hard.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:46 am  Post subject: Re: SSX Tricky Player ratings  
Clayman
Gondee I understand your point and it is valid. I've brought this up before but was to no avail as no one was barely playing at the time... no one is ever on this board haha. The thing that bothers me about this 2P time is only due to the fact that just one score has it, meaning that yes 2P boost is allowed on tracks, because out of the 100+ times we have on the board, this one single time has been accomplished with it and is allowed. We just want 2P boost to be banned, but the only obstacle is the one single time that's been allowed. It's like if there was some way to show that WHs were obviously used by just the records screen, would we have 100+ legit scores but then let just ONE time have been 'cheated' and allow it? No obviously not. It's just that I always wanted this stupid easy-to-do cheat to be banned, but this one record leaves the floodgate open for someone in the future to spam it. It's not like WHs that you can't tell if they're used or not so it'd be futile to try to ban their use, but 2P boost is obvious, and helps a lot on a good number of tracks (and any for that matter), so why not just keep it banned from use?

If Frost uses it, beats his score, making this null and void, can you accept both players single player times?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:51 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX Tricky Player ratings  
well i told u he's ''one of the leaders'' i was just trying to make a point and it came out bad. so i aproved your 2.3 million on snowdream on my ratings because i saw the screenshot and that's right u don't have to show a video i respect that :) and i beleave u ok. it's not like u did 2.4 million then that's pushing it. and since 2p boost is if aloud????!!!! why don't u beat with the same thing and your capable becouse 2.3 million on snowdream really gooooooood offfff the charts. and no i don't challenge u yet if the score gets too high or if gondee see's it privately then tells me ok i beleave him and u ok. same with me and everyone else on ssx tricky. :cheers

and really 2.245 million is perfection in my eyes as a legend that's what i see but in your legend eyes a slight different path may be there that is blind to me u understand?! that's what i trying to understand i'm not jelecs or saying your lieing it just needs some more harder poof that's it.

just like Elgen's 4 million run on garibadi i'm blinded too that ok and don't think that people will copy u that's really hard in a way because u say perfection ok about 10 to 1 one my records in ssx tricky has p-e-r-f-e-c-t-i-o-n in it so yeah. :dead of writing maybe u too of reading and understanding :dead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:49 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX Tricky Player ratings  
Quote:
If Frost uses it, beats his score, making this null and void, can you accept both players single player times?

Not sure I follow... are you asking me if a person uses 2P boost can you accept both sides as a legit score if it's two different people? Well, I guess so, but it wouldn't make much sense. One side is going to get bashed every time and have a terrible time. I think I'm misunderstanding though.

As far as precedent goes, well, it's there and it's been there for 9 years. I've known ever since he set it that it was there. ssx4ever used it as well, he just didn't submit his score. I hate reiterating myself, but it's really not much different from bashing on the comp in a regular racing match to get the boost. It still comes down to having the best line at the end of the day.

Look, if I've mentioned something in the past about how 2P boost is evil and should be banned, then call me on it by finding a post of mine where I've mentioned it and I'll adjust my stance as needed. But even though there are 2 players now that don't like or use it, there were probably 5-10 back in SSX's heyday that used it and had no problem with it. I tend to go with that. :shrug

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:00 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX Tricky Player ratings  
Clayman
No I meant if frost used it and can beat FBXs time could both 2P times be removed and single player times kept.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:50 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX Tricky Player ratings  
alpmaster wrote:
No I meant if frost used it and can beat FBXs time could both 2P times be removed and single player times kept.

Nope, but I'll put Frost's score above FBX's. :lol How would you even know what FBX's single player time would have been?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:11 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX Tricky Player ratings  
Gravitude MVP
  • SSX 3: Showoff: #3
LOL @ gondee's forgetfulness & alleged favoritism

LOL @ thehotlegend

What's the 2P boost, is it just like the AI boost in SSX3's SJ/Metro, except it saves as much as 3 seconds?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:15 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX Tricky Player ratings  
Clayman
Yes and there's different dynamics in 2P mode, it can save about 0.5 - 2 seconds depending on the track size.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:33 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX Tricky Player ratings  
new stuff and videos has been added and new Legend's break unseenable scores!!! :woot

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:09 am  Post subject: Re: SSX Tricky Player ratings  
I think you should also make a list which contains total score (in all 9 tracks without TOKYO MEGAPLAX) and give rank to players. :) I am waiting for ranking. Will you make rating of this kind?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:25 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX Tricky Player ratings  
what u see there is there sorry because all 10 tracks are part of the main scoreboard And have to follow those rules but there is clean showoff-ing for Tokyo megaplex if u want to try but video poof is needed!!!
screenshot don't count and also there's clean racing meaning no glitchs at all,racing with out a boost meaning racing with no boosting and speed boosts don't count and racing with out worn holes meaning no falling off map glitchs only select/reset glitchs count and u need a video poof for those fun challenge's And also there going to be some ssx tricky master run to watch.

Spots Available :D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:25 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX Tricky Player ratings  
Hey hot legend, I can submitt my score in untracted because i usually play it, So I can submit score in all 10 tracks. But I am not able to post a vedio for TMX, you may eleminate TMx scores from your list because just a few members have vedio for their score in TOKYO MEGAPLAX. So you can count on other 9 track except Tokyo megaplax. Will you make such a list? I am waiting for it legend. !!! :)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:56 am  Post subject: Re: SSX Tricky Player ratings  
ok u can submit your scores to the main scoreboard. screenshots are aloud for all 10 tracks :)

This scoreboard i've made only keeps track of the top 4 scores/times on each stage with me seeing a screenshot of the score then u will apear there and the current world record holds. plus the total scores top 4 for showoff so 9EDDY2 is the current Overall champ he has 5 world records.

And now u only need a video for clean racing,clean showoffing for tokyo megaplex without using fan glitchs,racing without boost and non-worm hole/off the map glitchs racing.

And those fun challenge has no part of the main scoreboard/Rankings of players/world records ok

And for Untracked rules u have to get the max score u can get in 5 Minutes/5:00.00 or less.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:00 am  Post subject: Re: SSX Tricky Player ratings  
  • SSX Tricky: Showoff: #2
  • SSX Tricky: Overall: #2
Bhupender, what I meant with changing your signature was that I think it's arrogant and inappropiate in a forum, despite the fact that you are skilled and new to the forum. I don't think I'm the only one that have that opinion. Instead, you could say something like "The great surprise" or something similar/in that direction(though I know that suggestion was ridiculous :heh ).

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:17 am  Post subject: Re: SSX Tricky Player ratings  
Frost wrote:
I still don't know why FBX has the first place for pipedream when he clearly used 2P boost...From what I understand, ssx4ever and FBX came to an agreement to show each other their lines, if both parties promised not to compete in that track anymore. Then FBX asked ssx4ever if it was cool for him to use the 2P boost to see the best time he can get in Pipedream.

I don't know whether u made it up, assumed it, or someone else said it, but no such agreement was ever made. In fact I was a little disappointed FBX chose to use 2P since at the time I didn't have a 2nd controller and had no way to compete. We didn't show each other other our lines, but since I couldn't compete, I was fairly forthcoming with my own path. From memory FBX using this info came to the conclusion there was little if any difference between PAL and NTSC systems.

You need to remember FBX's primary objective was to hold all the racing records and if this came at the expense of reducing the competition, then so be it. If we agreed among ourselves to stick with 1P burning ourselves out in the process, then there was nothing stopping someone coming in at the death, selecting 2P and swiping the prize.

Frost wrote:
Ok, well how does this make it fair for the other fellow Merq members who are willing to compete in that level. I got the best time(without using 2P boost), fair and square. Does that mean I have to shut up and stay in second place, because a few first gen SSX competitors found common ground and decided that no one will be around to top their scores? I don't think so! I think it's unfair to me, as well as everybody who competes on this forum. Gondee I think I brought this discussion up a few times now, and I think it's about time you take action. :)

Of course it's fair. If I really wanted to compete, I could've easily picked up another controller. Same deal for anyone else.

Frost wrote:
PS As I recall, ssx4ever said something about FBXs clean score being higher then mine either way...

I remember myself bringing this topic up on several occasions, but ssx4ever said that FBXs clean run was faster in comparison to mine, regardless of the 2P boost....

Time's a bitch, but I know FBX never provided any real insight to me or anyone else about his run. You may have posted details about yours, but I really don't remember. Given at least one side of the equation is missing, to make such a claim is completely absurd.

Frost wrote:
...Also, in order to get 2P boost, another player is required to set up the 2P character for the punch. This is a single man competition... So unless FBX has 4 arms, I don't know how he performed this maneuver without any assistance.

I think there was something about wrapping a rubber band around the controller or something else of similar ilk.

gondee wrote:
As far as precedent goes, well, it's there and it's been there for 9 years. I've known ever since he set it that it was there. ssx4ever used it as well, he just didn't submit his score. I hate reiterating myself, but it's really not much different from bashing on the comp in a regular racing match to get the boost. It still comes down to having the best line at the end of the day.

I never used it.

alpmaster wrote:
Yes and there's different dynamics in 2P mode, it can save about 0.5 - 2 seconds depending on the track size.

Interesting, I never knew this. In theory this means all of the existing records are up for grabs just by choosing 2P. It would make the gameplay terrible though, so anyone who's prepared to sit thru it is welcome to the spoils. Even if I were still actively playing, I don't think I'd try to reclaim anything.

BTW, Hello everyone :) :) :) :) :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:52 am  Post subject: Re: SSX Tricky Player ratings  
Clayman
Fucking christ ssx4ever!!! Don't leave for so many years again like that! How the hell have you been??

You better still have that fully loaded memory card with SSX/T records and replays, one day we'll have to have some fun again.

:D

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 2 of 3 [ 59 posts ]  1, 2, 3