Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:59 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:44 pm  Post subject: Who prefers Tricky over SSX 3?  
I think that I do. I just got SSX 3 a while ago and got the whole thing just about cleared with Zoe. And It just feels boring now. But I can just play Tricky over and over again. And now that I am so used to 3 I can't play Tricky for 10 seconds without falling down. :frusty

I can't really put my finger on why I like it so much. What are your thoughts?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:30 pm  Post subject:   
Overall Best Players: #1SSX Tricky: Overall: #1Overall Best Players: Racing: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 9
  • Overall Best Players: #1
  • SSX Tricky: Overall: #1
  • Overall Best Players: Racing: #1
  • SSX On Tour: Racing: #2
  • SSX On Tour: Overall: #2
  • SSX (2012): Overall: #2
  • SSX Tricky: Showoff: #3
  • SSX On Tour: Showoff: #3
  • Overall Best Players: Showoff: #3
XBL: SaneThe Legend
well i do because i suck in ssx 3 and i'm really good at tricky ... but i've been playing tricky for over 6 years now that's why .. but i've beat 3 and it's boarding now so yeah

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:53 am  Post subject:   
PSN: crispncrunchy
ssx3 self corrects out of a spin/flip quickly. in Tricky you have to get the board right before landing.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:03 am  Post subject:   
Getting the right number of flips/spins back in SSX Classic actually required skill rather than just holding diagonally and then using the analog stick to land regardless of what point in the flip you were in.

Click here for my Bandcamp page!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:20 am  Post subject:   
SSX: Racing: #1
Clayman
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX: Racing: #1
  • SSX: Overall: #2
DDRKirby(ISQ) wrote:
Getting the right number of flips/spins back in SSX Classic actually required skill rather than just holding diagonally and then using the analog stick to land regardless of what point in the flip you were in.

Thank you. -_-

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:59 pm  Post subject:   
DDRKirby(ISQ) wrote:

Thats a major part of why its so hard to go back to Tricky. Also I found myself attempting Uber Grinds and Board Presses. These 3 things make 3 too easy and Tricky too hard to go back to.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:39 am  Post subject:   
Using the left anolouge stick for spins and flips as well as turning and crouching meant that I was always doing accidental half frontflips off small bumps. But it does allow you to doo better off axis spins. My major problem in going back to the oldgames is tapping square when I fall over.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:48 am  Post subject:   
I prefer the courses of Tricky than SSX3.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:11 pm  Post subject:   
SSX3 isn't bad at all but i never played Tricky but if you like more difficult game tricky is better i guess. :| :)

Last updated: 2015/01/25 13:38

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 7:40 am  Post subject:   
i think that tricky is the shit

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:32 am  Post subject:   
I like most SSX 1, the first and old are always best

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:56 pm  Post subject:   
i perfer Tricky over 3, but i think that is because i got Tricky long before i got 3..

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:16 pm  Post subject:   
XBL: MdX MaxX
I prefer the Menu interface and some tracks from Tricky, but SSX3 greatly surpasses Tricky in gameplay and mechanics, and graphics. The character/board customization was also much better in SSX3. I also prefer the one-mountain thing.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:28 pm  Post subject:   
Jennifer Sumrall wrote:
i perfer Tricky over 3, but i think that is because i got Tricky long before i got 3..

Snap, but I've become too adapted to 3's features I can't get back into the flow of Tricky. As much as I'd love to, I can't do a single badass trick without wiping out, even on Garibaldi. :(

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:04 pm  Post subject: Re: Who prefers Tricky over SSX 3?  
ssx tricky

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:32 pm  Post subject: Re: Who prefers Tricky over SSX 3?  
PSN: KBABZ
I like both for different reasons. 3 has the best graphics and, especially on Peak 1, had a very fresh and relaxing feel to them. Uber Holds, Handplants, Uber Grinds and Board Presses are also very good inclusions, but I agree that the spinning in 3 takes out the complexity of the trick. Combine that with the fact that your spins don't slow down like in Tricky and spins become a matter of holding Up and Left while in the air.

Tricky meanwhile, has a great sense of character (and great characters), and was also a lot BIGGER than SSX or SSX 3. The jumps and corners all round are just a lot bigger than in either of those other two games, you had bigger air, and it felt like you were going a heck of a lot faster at 120kph in Tricky than in 3.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:41 am  Post subject: Re: Who prefers Tricky over SSX 3?  
I'm a fan of both SSX 3 and SSX Tricky, but they are really different. SSX 3 is cool for the new level of insanity it makes possible, but there's something in me that thinks it went too far. I like the clean, simple operations of Tricky. For me, Tricky is the clear winner.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:22 pm  Post subject: Re: Who prefers Tricky over SSX 3?  
Juggles14 wrote:
I'm a fan of both SSX 3 and SSX Tricky, but they are really different. SSX 3 is cool for the new level of insanity it makes possible, but there's something in me that thinks it went too far. I like the clean, simple operations of Tricky. For me, Tricky is the clear winner.

I enjoy both games, as well (I'm a convert), but Tricky is my favorite. I didn't like the changes in some of the characters, and I DEFINITELY didn't like the change in the voice acting. The guy who did Psymon in Tricky was so good....I didn't care much for the voice in Tricky.

Anyway, just my .02

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:04 pm  Post subject: Re: Who prefers Tricky over SSX 3?  
XBL: GoofyfanChuck
bookwitch wrote:
Juggles14 wrote:

I enjoy both games, as well (I'm a convert), but Tricky is my favorite. I didn't like the changes in some of the characters, and I DEFINITELY didn't like the change in the voice acting. The guy who did Psymon in Tricky was so good....I didn't care much for the voice in Tricky.

Anyway, just my .02

This.

I like SSX 3, but Tricky was better.

I even wanna be me! -- Zoe "Royal" Payne, SSX3

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:06 pm  Post subject: Re: Who prefers Tricky over SSX 3?  
Master Codfish
XBL: bakalhau90
PSN: bakalhau90
I enjoy both in different, yet just as awesome, ways.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:35 am  Post subject: Re: Who prefers Tricky over SSX 3?  
PSN: KBABZ
I agree. Tricky for the mad, impossible air, and 3 for it's fresh and almost meditative approach.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:43 am  Post subject: Re: Who prefers Tricky over SSX 3?  
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Tricky: Showoff: #2
  • SSX Tricky: Overall: #2
Some of you say it's hard to go from SSX 3 to Tricky, and I can't see why you think SSX 3 is so easy compared to Tricky. I think the spins and flips in Tricky aren't any harder to do, it's basically the same.

It may be wrong of me to state my opinion on this subject, if you see what I mean...

And now back to the original thread: I like both Tricky and SSX 3 for their styles. Tricky is one of the first ones in the series, and it's simply best based on that fact. However, SSX 3 is cool for introducing better graphics and uber grinds.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:09 am  Post subject: Re: Who prefers Tricky over SSX 3?  
I like ssx tricky, because i can play better in this.

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 1:44 am  Post subject: Re: Who prefers Tricky over SSX 3?  
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Tricky: Overall: #3
I prefer Tricky over SSX 3 because I haven't played SSX 3 yet.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 11:01 am  Post subject: Re: Who prefers Tricky over SSX 3?  
I prefer Tricky mainly because of the showoff stages and its ubers. But yeah, SSX3 is a good rival for sure.

Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 2 [ 34 posts ]  1, 2