Discuss all subjects about SSX and SSX Tricky here
Post a reply

Mon Nov 24, 2003 3:11 pm

I have never actually played, or watched anyone play SSX Tricky first hand...

*ducks under table*

Bearing in mind that I have SSX 3 and easy access to SSX 1, is it worth buying?

Mon Nov 24, 2003 3:28 pm

Buy Tricky? Sure!! Most people here still rate it (or SSX) higher than SSX 3, I guess. At least they did so in the top 10 game topic on this forum, a while back. :)

It is not so much of a simulator as it is Arcade action I think. I'm not totally impartial as Tricky is still my favorite game ever. :heh :dj

Mon Nov 24, 2003 4:01 pm

Yeah, SSX Tricky is worth buying. Maybe not SSX, but Tricky is always more fun when it comes to racing.

Mon Nov 24, 2003 7:54 pm

I would say get both... (just to have them all)

SSX is overall a better game in terms of challenge... But Tricky has more replay value...

Mon Nov 24, 2003 8:11 pm

yeah its worth buying 2 copies, like i did!

Mon Nov 24, 2003 10:38 pm

While i think ssx3 is the best of the series, I think they are all definitely worth owning (and playing of course).
The only negative thing I have noticed now after playing ssx3 about Tricky is that the graphics seem so much less impressive. I used to think it couldn't get too much better. Boy was I wrong (and yes, I am very glad I was wrong).
To get back on topic, ssx tricky has, in my humble opinion, the best replay value. And breaking two mil on garibaldi.......heavenly! :) (Dork alert, dork alert) :heh :heh

Tue Nov 25, 2003 1:17 pm

Ok, you guys persuaded me! :cheers

I'll get it soon or for Christmas at the latest. I'm still doing the bloody big challenges on SSX3 at the moment :frusty

Wed Nov 26, 2003 4:24 am

NEVER TRIED SSX TRICKY doh :frusty

Wed Nov 26, 2003 5:08 am

Ouroboros wrote:I have never actually played, or watched anyone play SSX Tricky first hand...

*ducks under table*

<b>Ouroboros!
You are banned from these forums for having never played SSX or SSX Tricky!!!</b>

Sorry...

'Just kidding!

;)

Wed Nov 26, 2003 3:27 pm

grandmort wrote:<b>Ouroboros!
You are banned from these forums for having never played SSX or SSX Tricky!!!</b>

How dare you! I played the original SSX to death, then stabbed it a few times for good measure! I may not have played tricky, but I sure as hell played the original!

:mad :mad :mad :poke

Wed Nov 26, 2003 6:14 pm

:lol You know grandmort was joking, right? :poke

Wed Nov 26, 2003 9:06 pm

I think he was joking as well.

Thu Nov 27, 2003 11:54 am

gondee wrote::lol You know grandmort was joking, right? :poke

Of course I knew he was joking, but the fact he actually thought that I had never played SSX original before... :poke

:heh And yes I was joking too...

Fri Nov 28, 2003 9:07 am

I used to have Tricky. I've never owned SSX. I might ask for them for Christmas just to have all three. I enjoyed Tricky very much. I was still working on breaking 1 mil on Girabaldi. I don't get to play the game a lot, because I have to work, go to school, and spend time with my girlfriend (who is becoming fond of SSX!!! Yea!!!) I had my score at about 941,000 before it was stolen. I can still beat all of those people whom I play locally so that's all I care about. :pimp

Tue Dec 02, 2003 7:52 pm

Vivi FF wrote:Yeah, SSX Tricky is worth buying. Maybe not SSX, but Tricky is always more fun when it comes to racing.

its actually the other way to me, i think ssx 1 had a more indepth racing than tricky, doing showoff in ssx was fun, dont get me wrong but you'll get so freekin sick of hearing "experimental", in tricky u do a lot of uber tricks which is cool to see and adds variety. but in tricky racing?, well, the records prove themselves, its so easy to win by a gay ass glitch or "falling forever" cheat, and that really ruins a lot of the true racing skill, but in ssx their is none of that, and in a year of playing, ive only done it once, and it doesnt even help u, so thats y i think number 1 had a better racing mode, and tricky had a better showoff, what do u guys think?

Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:36 pm

I liked 1's showoff better... even though the experimental stuff does get old after a while, I still thought it had way more depth than the "do uber through snowflake" strategy of Tricky. I never really got select glitches to work in either game's racing, but I didn't like Tricky's Infinite Boost after doing ubers. It just seemed like ALL of Tricky revolved completely around Ubers which, albeit fun to watch (the first hundred times), don't take much effort to pull off.

Wed Dec 03, 2003 1:28 pm

Omg really? You should! Its the best one.

Fri Dec 05, 2003 10:03 pm

its definetly worth buying!

might take you a while to get used to the old controls though... they're similar but there are the little things that could annoy you :frusty

Fri Dec 05, 2003 10:50 pm

I was replaying a little of tricky a few days ago and one thing i noticed that i did not realize you had to do in tricky is after holding down the jump button, you then had to hold your grab button(s) and lastly the d-pad buttons.
I obviously did this thousands upon thousands of times, but never actually consciously(sp?) registered that was the way it had to be done. It certainly took a little while to get back to where I was last time I played tricky, but I am nearly there! I am going to be posting a video soon of a sub 4 min run on alaska, even though it won't be faster than FBX's 3:45 run on alaska.

EDIT ----> I just came accross this and realized what I had promised. Suffice it to say the sub 4 min vid of alaska won't be out for quite a while. But I will get around to it at some point, if anyone cares to see it. If not, then it will just be one less thing for me to do, and that isn't a bad thing either.
Post a reply