Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /home/gravitud/public_html/ssx_forum/includes/arcade/functions_arcade.php on line 626
The Gravitude Bar • View topic - Tricky Tokyo Glitch - New?
Switch to full style
Discuss all subjects about SSX and SSX Tricky here
Post a reply

Mon May 24, 2004 5:52 am

Someone's probably noticed this already, but it wasn't listed in the Glitch section of the Tricky page:

http://www.merqurycity.com/ssxtricky/co ... litch.html

I was playing Showoff mode on Tokyo and tried to do too many tricks going up the air vent. I crashed onto the tubes (where you land after the vent). Then, I was facing the opposite direction and jumped off the tube down to a ledge above the track below. I was able to go right through the wall on this ledge and freefall. After about 5-10 seconds, it said "Lap 2" (or whatever it says when you are starting a new lap), then after a little while longer, it reset me back to the VERY beginning (the icy part where you make a dogleg to the left and enter the "real" track). But, I didn't take that route because I noticed the left and right walls were completely missing on this section. I headed toward the right and fell off the track again (so there were actually two places I was able to fall).

I'm probably doing a terrible job of explaining this and it's probably really hard to understand. I did save the replay and can make a vid if anyone's interested.

Mon May 24, 2004 8:20 am

You probably should make a vid of this. I kinda understand what your trying to say, and it almost sounds like it was a once in a lifetime kind of glitch that couldn't be performed again. :sad

Mon May 24, 2004 8:22 am

does it help out in any way?

Mon May 24, 2004 8:28 am

It doesnt help in anyway...I've done it before, the right and left walls just randomly disappear, you can get them to disappear even without that technique. But it doesnt help, anyway, theres already another WH... :cheers

Mon May 24, 2004 9:33 am

I'll make a vid. It's not random and I did it again shortly after I did it the first time. The walls are still there on the ledge. There are even some "boxes" next to the walls that you can go right through. That's what gave me the idea to try going through the wall, because I COULD go through the boxes.

It does help out, in that it took me into Lap 2 after about 5-10 seconds, but like Alp said, there are already better WH's on this track.

Just for fun, I'll get a vid of it and you guys can see what I'm talking about.

Mon May 24, 2004 9:37 am

i got 7.8 million with my glitch whohoo! :cheers

Mon May 24, 2004 9:41 am

did you get a red snoflake and that's why you got so much?

Mon May 24, 2004 10:14 am

xXDoyleXx wrote:did you get a red snoflake and that's why you got so much?

you bet i did.

Mon May 24, 2004 2:03 pm

I think this wormhole would yield benefits, but it's not the best one. FBX's find is the best one, so while this a novelty, it's not anything revolutionary. Good find though. :)

Thu May 27, 2004 6:26 am

See below...
Last edited by Bond on Fri May 28, 2004 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu May 27, 2004 5:39 pm

nope
make a web page with it on
then it will work...

Thu May 27, 2004 6:58 pm

Something doesn't exactly work with the links.

Fri May 28, 2004 5:41 am

Okay, this should work.

Right-click the link and do a "Save Target As..."
http://www.angelfire.com/ex2/ssxtricky/tokyo.mpg

Fri May 28, 2004 7:34 am

Interesting glitch...

Seems like something that is just cool to do, but not too useful :???

Sun May 30, 2004 7:20 pm

did you still win? :poke

Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:07 am

did you still win?

I'm not sure if this was directed toward me but, if so, then no, I didn't win. This was showoff mode and I took too long to reach the next checkpoint so I ran out of time.

Mon Jun 07, 2004 6:56 am

yeah it was.
Post a reply