Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:09 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:53 pm  Post subject:   
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Tricky: Showoff: #2
  • SSX Tricky: Overall: #2
elgen your friend is perfectly right because I've found out that you can get 4.6 or 4.7 million in Alaska! :woot :woot

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:42 pm  Post subject:   
p0rn Star
PSN: YoshiExcel
oooh, update the Masters of SSX Tricky?! YES! =D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:31 pm  Post subject:   
I agree! An update on Master of SSX Tricky would be ursum!

Eddy, yeah. I told you so. But then again, the run must be like...my run on Garibaldi; flawless... Heh. Unless you've found some new ways to get higher score, of course.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:38 am  Post subject:   
Aaaaalrighty, people!

After bothering a friend to borrow his recording gear for a bit, I FINALLY got to record the replay! *shouts a bit*

Like I've mentioned before, I am not quite satisfied with the run. Could've done it better and will do so too... Nontheless, the video SHOULD be acceptable and it SHOULD be clear enough for everyone, both the route and the run itself.

I'll show the video to you guys first before I'll up it to YT or something.

Don't get annoyed by the quality of the video. The camera wasn't the best, as you can see. Slowing down the entire gameplay of the replay, shaky (auto-focus thingy) and some weird & annoying "pauses".. Not to mention that there's no in-game sound either... I apologise for that. Will however come back with a better one later on if requested. Eddy wanted to see the replay so much, that I just recorded it now. So yeah, have fun. Hehe.

Anywa, this is how I did the 3.7m on Garibaldi. It's "just" a replay, but hey, it would do, yes?:

EDIT: Will post the video later on today! Must sleep + enconding/converting takes too long (it's over 300mb).

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:53 pm  Post subject:   
elgen wrote:
Aaaaalrighty, people!

After bothering a friend to borrow his recording gear for a bit, I FINALLY got to record the replay! *shouts a bit*

Like I've mentioned before, I am not quite satisfied with the run. Could've done it better and will do so too... Nontheless, the video SHOULD be acceptable and it SHOULD be clear enough for everyone, both the route and the run itself.

I'll show the video to you guys first before I'll up it to YT or something.

Don't get annoyed by the quality of the video. The camera wasn't the best, as you can see. Slowing down the entire gameplay of the replay, shaky (auto-focus thingy) and some weird & annoying "pauses".. Not to mention that there's no in-game sound either... I apologise for that. Will however come back with a better one later on if requested. Eddy wanted to see the replay so much, that I just recorded it now. So yeah, have fun. Hehe.

Anywa, this is how I did the 3.7m on Garibaldi. It's "just" a replay, but hey, it would do, yes?:

EDIT: Will post the video later on today! Must sleep + enconding/converting takes too long (it's over 300mb).

Of course it's OK man :china :china the run itself is the most important thing after all. But I don't understand why a 300MB file doesn't give a good quality??

I've begun racing now mostly and I got 41.78 in Pipedream (2P) and 2:26.14 in merqury city (pleased with that one :cheers ) but I only got a video of a 2:28.06 run which will be on youtube soon.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:28 pm  Post subject:   
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Okay, I uploaded downloadable versions of Eddy's Alaska, Merq City, Untracked and 2 others in the Tricky master runs page.

Thanks dude! :china

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:40 am  Post subject:   
gondee wrote:
Okay, I uploaded downloadable versions of Eddy's Alaska, Merq City, Untracked and 2 others in the Tricky master runs page.

You're welcome. :)
And as I said earlier if I get 4.3 million or higher in Alaska I'll give that video as well.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:22 am  Post subject:   
Bwah. Sucks to waste ages on something that should've done ages ago...

Here's my Garibaldi 3,711mill run, AT LAST!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4I3nIhJJi0[/youtube]
And hopefully after watching my video, you'll see why I am claiming that a whopping 3.9mill, perhaps 4mill is possible on Garibaldi... As you might see, I clearly miss about 150~200k just on my jumps (short spins, grabs + combination of tricks and wrong choice of ubers). And if I would've timed things better and NOT falling/failing, I could've performed ubers here and there as well as get some seconds left to get at least one 2X that would give me about 80k. So yeah, 3,9-4mill is within reach, but 3,9mill is the closest, of course. Super hard to perfect absolutely everything, as you all know... PS: Although it may look like it, but I didn't miss any flakes that I was aiming for. I got them all.

AND as you all can see, I am using the alternative route that I pointed out several years ago. A route that gives about 90k extra. Even the jump after the first 5X is a bit different than on the "regular" route. Here, it's definitely possible to score some points if you time your run VERY well, but you all know how insane THAT is...

Anyways, pardon for the sucky MJPEG-format, poor quality AND that it's not a LIVE run, but I guess the video's still worth a watch or three anyway! :cheers

EDdy, looking forward for that 4.6mill video of yours, tbh! Hehe. :pimp That sure would be a blast, I must say! Not even sure HOW you'd do it, but yeah...

MrChaos, so... are you planning to hit Tricky again if you get a PS2, perhaps? They cost like...$100 or somewhat, but I guess you've got other useful things to spend your money on, or what? Heh.

gondee, nice that you keep the master runs updated! Good stuff!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:08 pm  Post subject:   
Gravitude MVP
Absolutely incredible run there Elgen! I only saw about 100K of missed points but I wasn't looking too hard. My mind kept going :pimp.

Cheers man! You have achieved a score and actual run we've only spoken of since Tricky came out!

As for the PS2 comment, I figure I'll get a PS3 eventually so Tricky will be the first game I pop in :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:28 am  Post subject:   
Overall Best Players: #1SSX Tricky: Overall: #1Overall Best Players: Racing: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 9
  • Overall Best Players: #1
  • SSX Tricky: Overall: #1
  • Overall Best Players: Racing: #1
  • SSX On Tour: Racing: #2
  • SSX On Tour: Overall: #2
  • SSX (2012): Overall: #2
  • SSX Tricky: Showoff: #3
  • SSX On Tour: Showoff: #3
  • Overall Best Players: Showoff: #3
XBL: SaneThe Legend
:eek very nice u gave up the 20,000 in the start for the x3 nice.
And that new x5 very nice. so 3.9 million is reachable not for me. l'll try breaking those scores:

Garibaldi 3.650 million
snowdream 2.245 million
Elysuim Alps 4 million
measbinca 2.830 million
merqury city 4.2 million
Aloha ice jam 1.7 million
Alaska 4.7 million
untracked 1 million
pipedream 3.3 million
Mr.chaos,elgen,eiddy and me the hot legend will brawal it out!!!!!!!!!!! :pimp

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:29 am  Post subject:   
gondee wrote:

what about my ssx on tour run remember

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:22 am  Post subject:   
Oh man, that's been a long time. I think I missed it or forgot it - I'm sorry dude. Do I have that one?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:02 pm  Post subject:   
the hot legend wrote:
:eek very nice u gave up the 20,000 in the start for the x3 nice.
And that new x5 very nice. so 3.9 million is reachable not for me. l'll try breaking those scores:

Garibaldi 3.650 million
snowdream 2.245 million
Elysuim Alps 4 million
measbinca 2.830 million
merqury city 4.2 million
Aloha ice jam 1.7 million
Alaska 4.7 million
untracked 1 million
pipedream 3.3 million
Mr.chaos,elgen,eiddy and me the hot legend will brawal it out!!!!!!!!!!! :pimp

Nice to have you back, THL. :) you haven't had any activity in like 4ever on here. and it will be interesting to see if you can get these scores: that would be VERY impressive, especially pipedream, EA and alaska. But as you know, that Mesablanca score would be a pain in the ass to achieve.

It's also nice to hear that MrChaos will start playing again. :cheers I mean, it's much more fun when many people are active and we can share scores. What are you aiming for, Chaos? 4 million EA?

And elgen, that Garibaldi-path was awesome, simply awesome. Thanks for uploading it :cheers you finally got the score that everyone has dreamt of and there's no doubt that you put a lot of hard work in it so it's well deserved Garibaldi-master.

I'll talk to you guys later!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:29 pm  Post subject:   
p0rn Star
PSN: YoshiExcel
wow.... i randomly peek in here, and what do i see?! only one of the most awesome master runs ive ever witnessed. incredible run elgen!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:25 pm  Post subject:   
Yeah, he basically caught every single snowflake you could in one run. I always wondered what the ceiling would be if that happened.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:07 am  Post subject:   
not a master run :heh but weird glitch in AIJ: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTWCJm1u ... re=related
has this happened to any of you?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:53 am  Post subject:   
Wow! Nice activity in here nowdays, I must say!

...and nice to see such response to my run as well!

Ed, thankies for that mate! Not THAT much hard work, really, but A LOOOT of restarts.... I am sure you know how it is. Hehe. If you read the props-part in the "more.." on my video, you'll see that I've mentioned you. Thanks to you, I was motivated to get back to Tricky again! :cheers :china Also, I am of course looking forward to see your next master run, mate. After I've "perfected" Garibaldi, I'll jump onto Mesablanca. I guess that's a goodie place for me to start, although it won't be the same since I'll be following someone's route, but oh well...

Hehe. Nah, not a master, but the title "Garibaldi-guru", tbh. That's what I prefer mostly. Haha. :cheers

AND GUYS! After my recent discovery, I've calculated that 4mill is definitely possible! I've got some moves that saves me enough seconds to get some more points!!!! But then again... getting the score IS the troublesome part, but I'll manage it! But yeah, 4mill IS POSSIBLE, for sure! You have to time everything to the spot, not screw up at all, exploit the jumps, especially the major one's and try to stay on max speed as often as you can. If you can manage that, then 4mill is definitely within the reach. No kidding.

MrChaos, where did you see me miss 100k? From what I can see, is that I miss about a whopping total of 250-300k worth of jumps, flakes and tricks. Sucks, tbh. But then again, if one looks at my run, one can easily see that I screw up some jumps as well as I waste a lot of useful secs that can be used to gather more points. Oh well, that gives me enough reason to run Gari again......... *thinks about 500 restarts...* But yaha, it'll be awesome to have you back on Tricky again, tbh! Which tracks are your first choices to give a go on?

THL, yeah. But like I stated earlier; I use an alternative route that's slight different than the "usual" route for Gari. But yeah, if you do everything correctly and super timed everything, you shoul have 1,4mill just when you cross the first checkpoint, with a few millisecs left, of course. But yeah, the x5 isn't actually a new route, tbh. Me and PD talked about that route many years ago, but apparently the "usual" route was better... but to be honest, I cannot see why one shouldn't get that x5 after all... Do you? Nice goals you've got there. Will be a tough nut to crack, indeed. But then again, it's very possible. Good luck. Btw, how come that 3,9mill isn't reachable for you..?

Yoshi, you also motivated me to start Ticky'ing again, along with Eddy, MrC and THL. Thankies for that. Heh. And thankies for that comment! I appriciate that. :cheers :cheers

gondee, yep. I actually caught every flake that I aimed for and that I needed. However, I screwed up in some of the major jumps, so I didn't get the max points out of those, which kinda sucks. But what you mean with "how the ceiling would be"-part? I don't understand. I'm a norwegian........ :cheers Also, did you know that you can download my video from YT by just using this link? -> http://www.kickyoutube.com/watch?v=c4I3nIhJJi0

PS: Cryogen should/will be up with his Alaska-run (most likely a replay that too) as soon as possible (1 or 2 weeks?). 4.7mill or somewhat. I guess that's a treat as well. Hehe.

Have a nice bangin' on Tricky, maties!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:48 pm  Post subject:   
very nice to hear that you found out that 4 million garibaldi is definately possible because I was always wondering and now you know for sure so that's very nice! :cheers but I don't see how you can get 1.4 million by the first checkpoint.

Nice to hear that you will try to begin playing mesablanca and get highsocres there. here is a suggestion of what you can set as your goals in different tracks.
Garibaldi: 3.4 million ( in which you already got and much higher than this!)
Snowdream: 2 million
ELysium alps: 3.4 million
mesablanca: 2.5 million
Merqury City: 3.7 million
Aloha ice jam: 1.4 million
Alaska: 3.8 million or maybe 4 million

so if you work hard these scores would be easily in reach for you if playing enough. and who knows, maybe you'll get even higher? we'l l see as trhe time goes by! :) (sorry for my English but this is not school and i don't put much work into grmatics and stuff but you guys understand my english right?)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:52 pm  Post subject:   
9EDDY2 wrote:
not a master run :heh but weird glitch in AIJ: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTWCJm1u ... re=related
has this happened to any of you?

Getting stuck in the fire at the end? Yeah, that happened to me and I included in one of the music videos I did for Tricky, either Zoe or Elise, can't remember. It's pretty funny to jump in there and get stuck and not burn to death. :lol

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:11 pm  Post subject:   
THL, yeah. But like I stated earlier; I use an alternative route that's slight different than the "usual" route for Gari. But yeah, if you do everything correctly and super timed everything, you shoul have 1,4mill just when you cross the first checkpoint, with a few millisecs left, of course. But yeah, the x5 isn't actually a new route, tbh. Me and PD talked about that route many years ago, but apparently the "usual" route was better... but to be honest, I cannot see why one shouldn't get that x5 after all... Do you? Nice goals you've got there. Will be a tough nut to crack, indeed. But then again, it's very possible. Good luck. Btw, how come that 3,9mill isn't reachable for you..?

:frusty becouse your route pissess me off i always time out and i can only get 1.267 million by the first checkponit. also landing on a thin grind is also hard. :frusty

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:16 am  Post subject:   
the hot legend wrote:

:frusty becouse your route pissess me off i always time out and i can only get 1.267 million by the first checkponit. also landing on a thin grind is also hard. :frusty

Remember that you need to be FAST. boost whenever you can and don't think about the 1.4 million by the first checkpoint I don't get it either so we'll probably figure that out later. And if your goal was 3.650 million you can get even higher than that if ypou do everything perfectly and with only 1.2 million by the first checkpoint :) . at least I don't care about the 1.4 million for now.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:15 pm  Post subject:   
Eddy, I hope you don't think that I am not familiar with those stages as I've played them several times before..? Thought since you came up with that list of scores. Hehe. But yeah, you know I am; I'll play until I reach the amount I am aiming for. Hehe.

I shall put up a video that explains how you'll get 1,4mill (or very close to that amount anyway) before crossing the first checkpoint. But yeah, like Eddy mentioned, you have to time everything properly and boost whenever you can. That's why I mentioned the part about exploiting the max speed. You cannot either waste time in the beginning nor on the first x5. You have to use minimum amount of airtime and be as quick as possible to recover etc. If you've got 800-850k when going through the first Tricky-glass, you're a good way to 1,4mill. But sure, do it however you want it, of course. Up to you. Hehe.

But yeah, my route's annoying as hell, but then again, up to you whether you want more than 3,7mill or not, right? :pimp

Eddy, which track are you hitting nowdays?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:34 pm  Post subject:   
elgen wrote:
Eddy, I hope you don't think that I am not familiar with those stages as I've played them several times before..? Thought since you came up with that list of scores. Hehe. But yeah, you know I am; I'll play until I reach the amount I am aiming for. Hehe.

I shall put up a video that explains how you'll get 1,4mill (or very close to that amount anyway) before crossing the first checkpoint. But yeah, like Eddy mentioned, you have to time everything properly and boost whenever you can. That's why I mentioned the part about exploiting the max speed. You cannot either waste time in the beginning nor on the first x5. You have to use minimum amount of airtime and be as quick as possible to recover etc. If you've got 800-850k when going through the first Tricky-glass, you're a good way to 1,4mill. But sure, do it however you want it, of course. Up to you. Hehe.

But yeah, my route's annoying as hell, but then again, up to you whether you want more than 3,7mill or not, right? :pimp

Eddy, which track are you hitting nowdays?

Of course I know that you're familiar with the other tracks, maybe I shouldn't have put that list up. But like I said it's only a suggestion.

And now I'm playing garibaldi, I got 3.606 million yesterday :pimp and I lost the two difficult rails but I didn't lose a single snowflake.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:57 pm  Post subject:   
Which 2 difficult rails? You're following the usual route? Cannot really see how you can manage to get that many points and still miss 2 rails with the usual route... But hey, what do I know... Hehe. Are you aiming for 3.9mill, or?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:04 am  Post subject:   
elgen wrote:
Which 2 difficult rails? You're following the usual route? Cannot really see how you can manage to get that many points and still miss 2 rails with the usual route... But hey, what do I know... Hehe. Are you aiming for 3.9mill, or?

I can put up the replay on youtube and you'll see what I mean. And yeah I'm aiming for 3.9 million but that's not my first goal. My first was 3.6 million and I'm happy with that :cheers

It would be really nice if you put up a vid of that 1.4 milion path before breaking the first Tricky-glass. :china

And who knows, maybe I'll try Alaska again. Has Cryogen come over to your house and played a bit? I'm thinking of Alaska.

Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 19 of 21 [ 522 posts ]  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21