Switch to full style
Discuss all subjects about SSX and SSX Tricky here
Post a reply

Wed Mar 17, 2004 2:11 pm

I'm not sure, but does tapping help your spinning and flipping speed in SSX Tricky like it does in 3? Just wondering, because if it does I may start trying to beat my scores in Tricky again.

Wed Mar 17, 2004 2:16 pm

Nope, it's actually detrimental because there is no trick correction feature to make your spins faster. There are very few "tricks" from SSX 3 that work in the previous games, other than select tricks and boost-tapping.

Wed Mar 17, 2004 2:32 pm

it doesnt exactly work in the same way. there is a tap trick on tricky but its only helpful if it looks like u are not gonna land right and if you tap it helps you just bearly clear the trick/flip.

Wed Mar 17, 2004 4:45 pm

Thx, I knew about the second one, but I was hoping that tapping didn't help in Tricky, or else I'd feel like a fool to myself, lol :)

Wed Mar 17, 2004 6:02 pm

gondee wrote:Nope, it's actually detrimental because there is no trick correction feature to make your spins faster. There are very few "tricks" from SSX 3 that work in the previous games, other than select tricks and boost-tapping.

I know that boost tapping is helpful in both the original SSX and Tricky, but is it really any faster in SSX3?
I played around with it a bunch and only found it helpful during long stretches.....where you don't have time to keep your boost full. But in terms of just speed, tapping isn't faster in 3 is it?

Wed Mar 17, 2004 6:15 pm

tapping was never faster in any of the games...just a way to lengthen the life of ur boost meter..and it only worked in tricky and ssx

Wed Mar 17, 2004 6:16 pm

yeah, its still in ssx3 but not as useful... :china

Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:53 pm

thanks for clearing that up..... For whatever reason, I always thought it was faster in the original SSX that simply holding down the boost button.......And, come to think of it, it seems to me like FBX used it all the time in his vids...... :poke
Post a reply