Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:39 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:44 am  Post subject: Emulators vs Original Hardware?  
Not sure if this or the general discussion section is the right place to post, but here goes.

I've been lurking on here for just two days, so I may have overlooked a few things. I didn't really find any answer to whether emulator or the games on original hardware is the preferred way to do runs. All I found was that it didn't matter whether you used PAL or NTSC.

What is the general stance on which system you play on. Does it matter at all? How about playing the PS2 games on the original PS3 that could play physical PS2 discs? Are there any form of delays?

P.S. this is specifically for SSX and SSX Tricky.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:02 pm  Post subject: Re: Emulators vs Original Hardware?  
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Tricky: Showoff: #2
  • SSX Tricky: Overall: #2
I suspect the billboard hopping glitch with several ubers to be impossible on console, but then again it’s really hard to test it on console. Usually you have to ride the whole track up to the point where there is a billboard instead of using savestates on an emulator, which saves a lot of time and effort.

I have never tried emulator, but I don’t think it’s easier nor harder than console in general terms with the possible exception of the billboard hopping glitch. There’s no difference between consoles, the games run identical on all consoles.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]