Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:17 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:25 pm  Post subject: Re: Board upgraded. Please report any problems if you spot t  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #2
  • SSX Blur: Overall: #3
PSN: PabloYeti
Kav wrote:
I just switched to the SSX 3 theme and it didn't happen to me. Don't have the problem with the default skin either. It may be your browser (I use chrome)?

Gondee had a look, its not a bug or browser, it just might be the sig is too long for my screen resolution as its stretched on the offline theme as well.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:52 am  Post subject: Re: Board upgraded. Please report any problems if you spot t  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
PHEW.

Ok, 10 hours of work later, and the themes are completely upgraded.

RSS should now be active for all forums and topics! You should be able to subscribe to just about any page on the forum at this point and view any updates via RSS.

Additionally, you can now report any problem private message from other users via a small box to the lower right in the PM (exclamation point image in most themes). It will then be available for review in the Moderator Control Panel for moderators and admins to view.

There are a bevy of other small changes as well, but none are as large as those two. I'm also going to extend the RSS feature to the index, so if someone wants to subscribe to the index news stuff, they will be able to.

After that's settled, I'll work on a new chat line (one that takes less memory and thus should run without a hitch, especially given our increased memory capacity). Then once that's done, I'll see about creating and installing Tunes' SSX 2012 theme (and maybe Yeti's SSX Tricky theme too since that's done already -- no promises though.)

Now I'm going to take a day or two off, because this was a lot of work. :zzz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:13 am  Post subject: Re: Board upgraded. Please report any problems if you spot t  
vix wrote:
Is it me (and I just can't find them) but are the character smilies gone?

:elise

When you look at the page to view em all: posting.php?mode=smilies&f=18 they aren't listed there either.

This has been fixed. Now all the smilies (character and regular) are listed on the "Show More Smilies" popup when you click it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:47 am  Post subject: Re: Board Upgrade COMPLETE! RSS now available on Merq!  
Attack Duck Owner
PSN: VixDiesel
Very nice, g. Image

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:08 pm  Post subject: Re: Board Upgrade COMPLETE! RSS now available on Merq!  
Tonight I'm gonna install RSS on the index, and also change over the category images on the forum index for the Classic theme. :) Also changed out the index slides, since they were getting kind of stale. :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:50 pm  Post subject: Re: Board Upgrade COMPLETE! RSS now available on Merq!  
XBL: MdX MaxX
:yes Definitely adding MerquryCity to my Google Reader feed.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:18 pm  Post subject: Re: Board Upgrade COMPLETE! RSS now available on Merq!  
RSS added to the index and new category images on the Classic theme in place. Let me know what you think about the images. :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:08 pm  Post subject: Re: Board Upgrade COMPLETE! RSS now available on Merq!  
If you guys are seeing two different types of category images on the classic index (old and new), refresh your browser (on Firefox & IE CTRL+F5 will do a hard refresh).

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:01 pm  Post subject: Re: Board upgraded. Please report any problems if you spot t  
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #3
  • SSX 3: Overall: #3
PSN: obiwahnshinobi
gondee wrote:
Anyone who makes enough money to contribute monetarily usually gets married, has kids and stops visiting because real life demands more. (See: Titan, Yoshi, and soon...Obi. :lol )

:rolleyes I never said I would stop visiting, I just think your secretly hoping I do. :cry :frusty

(19:57:20) gondee: how does one master the dweeng

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:05 pm  Post subject: Re: Board Upgrade COMPLETE! RSS now available on Merq!  
No, no one ever says they'll stop visiting. They just do. :heh :heh No shame in it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:38 am  Post subject: Re: Board upgraded. Please report any problems if you spot t  
PSN: crispncrunchy
Obi wrote:
gondee wrote:
Anyone who makes enough money to contribute monetarily usually gets married, has kids and stops visiting because real life demands more. (See: Titan, Yoshi, and soon...Obi. :lol )

:rolleyes I never said I would stop visiting, I just think your secretly hoping I do. :cry :frusty

It just happens, I've been there and back :shrug

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:04 pm  Post subject: Re: Board Upgrade COMPLETE! RSS now available on Merq!  
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #3
  • SSX 3: Overall: #3
PSN: obiwahnshinobi
gondee wrote:
No, no one ever says they'll stop visiting. They just do. :heh :heh No shame in it.

Just admit it G your secretly want me gone. One too many scusi jokes eh? :glare

(19:57:20) gondee: how does one master the dweeng

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:19 pm  Post subject: Re: Board Upgrade COMPLETE! RSS now available on Merq!  
No Obi, I don't want you gone, just like I don't want Titan or Yoshi to be gone. But life has other ideas once you get married or have kids, and there is no shame in that. :no I apologize, to you directly, if I made it seem like I did. I should keep my mouth shut about that kind of joke, it usually does more harm than good. :(

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:26 pm  Post subject: Re: Board Upgrade COMPLETE! RSS now available on Merq!  
Attack Duck Owner
this may or may not be a glitch but when i click on the active topics link, the only active topic in the list is this topic despite there being other active topics. could just be time zone funk.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:30 pm  Post subject: Re: Board Upgrade COMPLETE! RSS now available on Merq!  
XBL: Kaavyn
I got the timeout error twice yesterday on the chat. Seems better than before but the timeouts are still there.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:38 pm  Post subject: Re: Board Upgrade COMPLETE! RSS now available on Merq!  
vix wrote:
this may or may not be a glitch but when i click on the active topics link, the only active topic in the list is this topic despite there being other active topics. could just be time zone funk.

Was it doing anything before? I never click on those dumb links. :lol I thought that was a new feature.

Quote:
I got the timeout error twice yesterday on the chat. Seems better than before but the timeouts are still there.

Yeah, that's a memory/resources issue, with all the issues therein as I've mentioned before. I'm going to install a new test chat in a few days and we'll give that a shot. It'll be the phpFreeChat as I showed earlier, supposedly that one is designed for shared hosting account (even beefy shared hosting like we have.) The main resource hog is our gallery, but since we've been adding pictures to it for like 6 years, I'm not going to change it. However, there is more tweaking that can be done to make it less resource-intensive, and an upgrade to the newest version might do some good as well. I will give all those things a try. :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:27 pm  Post subject: Re: Board Upgrade COMPLETE! RSS now available on Merq!  
Attack Duck Owner
gondee wrote:
vix wrote:

Was it doing anything before? I never click on those dumb links. :lol I thought that was a new feature.

yeah, it would show any topic that had a new post in it. now it just shows this one. very weird.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:25 pm  Post subject: Re: Board Upgrade COMPLETE! RSS now available on Merq!  
vix wrote:
yeah, it would show any topic that had a new post in it. now it just shows this one. very weird.

Yeah, so apparently in phpbb there was a bug that put all forums on the "active topics" list. So when the new version came out, this 'bug' was fixed and thus all forums were 'turned off' for that particular list. I've turned them back on, so the list should be populated. Not sure what the point of having a list with nothing in it, but it's been fixed.

You are good at spotting random stuff vix. :thumbsup

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:33 pm  Post subject: Re: Board Upgrade COMPLETE! RSS now available on Merq!  
Attack Duck Owner
It was a feature I sorta used on a sorta regular basis. :)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:09 pm  Post subject: Re: Board Upgrade COMPLETE! RSS now available on Merq!  
I have some time off coming up, so I'm gonna use it to tick off a few items on the list on the first post. Next up will be installing the next chat line, to see if it's any better with the disconnects.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:02 pm  Post subject: Re: Board Upgrade COMPLETE! RSS now available on Merq!  
gondee's FAQ writer
Ok, I have something to ask of you Gondee. I use firefox, and for as long as I can remember the dates always have looked screwy, so its impossible to tell how old a topic is or when the last post in a topic was.

For instance, the last post in this topic, your post above has the date of "e98Friday490308". Its displayed dates in this format for years now. Any ideas besides switching to IE?

That all leads into my main question, are you still looking for a new MC logo? Cause I have a couple designs rollin around in my head that I think you might be interested in, if nothing else they might spark your own imagination in different tangents...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:43 pm  Post subject: Re: Board Upgrade COMPLETE! RSS now available on Merq!  
ucp.php?i=165

Set your date format at the bottom of that profile screen, LB. See if that fixes it.

Logo ideas are always welcome. Just for the record I have a pretty high bar for something to replace the existing site logo, but I'm open to ideas.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:46 pm  Post subject: Re: Board Upgrade COMPLETE! RSS now available on Merq!  
I am going to replace the current chat program with the meebo chat that whoozwah set up since we're getting to busy for the current chat line. It's really only good for 4-6 people, any more than that and it just spouts errors the whole time. There are some rudimentary hacks that let you chat with your username and embed the chat into a page on the forum. Better than nothing - though there won't be any modding, banning or assurance that people are who they say they are, but such is life of a busy forum. :lol

I am also going to be upgrading the gallery, provided it goes well. Look for all these changes over the next couple of weeks.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:17 pm  Post subject: Re: Board Upgrade COMPLETE! RSS now available on Merq!  
The gallery upgrade on the test gallery went smoothly, so I will upgrade the normal Gallery next weekend. It's a much more streamlined and upgraded piece of software, so hopefully it will stop being the resource hog it is now. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:21 am  Post subject: Re: Board Upgrade COMPLETE! RSS now available on Merq!  
Glad I hopped back on so I can seethe site upgrades! :D

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 4 of 5 [ 115 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5