Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:12 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:19 am  Post subject: Do Tricky and On Tour work on Xbox 360?  
XBL: SpR1tEzER0
I've been thinking of buying them but wondered will they work.
I have 3 and it works fine.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:53 am  Post subject: Re: Do Tricky and On Tour work on Xbox 360?  
XBL: Kaavyn
3's the only one that's backwards compatible on the 360.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:04 am  Post subject: Re: Do Tricky and On Tour work on Xbox 360?  
XBL: SpR1tEzER0

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:08 am  Post subject: Re: Do Tricky and On Tour work on Xbox 360?  
Tell me about it lol, I bought Tricky thinking it would work. Ended up buying Tricky and OT for the gamecube instead and play it on my wii.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:51 pm  Post subject: Re: Do Tricky and On Tour work on Xbox 360?  
XBL: CurryKingDH
PSN: CurryKingDH
There are tons of games that should of been made backwards compatible that werent. Xbox were quite lazy to be honest. 2007 (?) was the last update if im right.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:02 pm  Post subject: Re: Do Tricky and On Tour work on Xbox 360?  
PSN: SSXfanatic
Xbox360 is the only one with any PS2 backwards compatibility? I know that the PS3 can play PSX games, but none from the PS2.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:02 am  Post subject: Re: Do Tricky and On Tour work on Xbox 360?  
PSN: CHROMANAUT_
^ wait what?

the 360 can't play ps2 games, but it can play xbox games (some of them). and can't he big fat PS3 play ps2 games?

what the hell you talkin bout.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:44 pm  Post subject: Re: Do Tricky and On Tour work on Xbox 360?  
Tunes wrote:
^ wait what?

the 360 can't play ps2 games, but it can play xbox games (some of them). and can't he big fat PS3 play ps2 games?

Dont listen to that load of malarkey... The Original (aka Fatty) can play ps2 games... I know this for a fact. As for Slim I don't have one but i heard it is not backwards compatible with ps2 games. Now here is where it gets interesting... a few weeks back I was looking in PSN and a saw a download called ps2 system data .... too bad i didn't read the description on what it actually does :heh

No worry Tunes, when you get the PS3, I'll help you look for the dl :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:40 pm  Post subject: Re: Do Tricky and On Tour work on Xbox 360?  
PSN: SSXfanatic
Tunes wrote:
^ wait what?

Sorry Tunes, I meant that the 360 is the only one with any backwards compatibility, and can play some SSX games. No console switching.

But yeah, the new PS3's can only play PSX and PS3, but NOT, mind you, the PS2 ones. Seemed to skip a whole 6 years of games right there....

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:02 pm  Post subject: Re: Do Tricky and On Tour work on Xbox 360?  
oh yesss i see. yeah no i heard that it was backward compatible somehow...

but yeah i'm not too worried because i have a working ps2 so it's all good. haha.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:47 pm  Post subject: Re: Do Tricky and On Tour work on Xbox 360?  
Attack Duck Owner
PSN: VixDiesel
i told you a bunch of times that slim ps3's aren't bc and that the fatties are.

but in all honestly, i don't see what the point is to bc anymore. if you buy a ps3 to play ps 2 games then you should have just stuck to a ps2. it's not like the ps3 scales them up or anything. and so on and so forth. (you = general population)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:31 pm  Post subject: Re: Do Tricky and On Tour work on Xbox 360?  
truth. they're pretty durable little suckers. except mine can't play dvd's...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:50 pm  Post subject: Re: Do Tricky and On Tour work on Xbox 360?  
not all the fattie PS3's are backwards compatible. Only the 60GB, 20GB (both launch), the first iteration of the 80GB and the 80GB Metal Gear Solid edition are. The 40GB and everything after that cannot play PS2 games.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:56 am  Post subject: Re: Do Tricky and On Tour work on Xbox 360?  
vix wrote:
but in all honestly, i don't see what the point is to bc anymore. if you buy a ps3 to play ps 2 games then you should have just stuck to a ps2. it's not like the ps3 scales them up or anything. and so on and so forth. (you = general population)

Space and convenience

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:53 pm  Post subject: Re: Do Tricky and On Tour work on Xbox 360?  
Attack Duck Owner
I haven't touched any of my last gen games since about a year after I got my ps3 (something like 4 or 5 years ago). Most gamers when they go current gen give up on last gen. I have no desire to play any ps2 games...maybe ssx3 but I can live without it. Space and convenience is such a cop out answer. I've used it myself as an excuse for certain things and it never was justified. I still stand by the saying of you don't buy a next gen system to play last gen games on it. If you're so into last gen then just stick with that and don't waste your money.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:57 pm  Post subject: Re: Do Tricky and On Tour work on Xbox 360?  
Some people sell their old systems for the cash lol. Plus if the new systems offer backwards compatibility, then why not? But I do agree if you plan on playing mostly ps2 games, you're better off with a ps2.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:39 pm  Post subject: Re: Do Tricky and On Tour work on Xbox 360?  
vix wrote:
I haven't touched any of my last gen games since about a year after I got my ps3 (something like 4 or 5 years ago). Most gamers when they go current gen give up on last gen. I have no desire to play any ps2 games...maybe ssx3 but I can live without it. Space and convenience is such a cop out answer. I've used it myself as an excuse for certain things and it never was justified. I still stand by the saying of you don't buy a next gen system to play last gen games on it. If you're so into last gen then just stick with that and don't waste your money.

what if...

you want to be able to both games on one system?
your old system broke and you want a new system but you have like 20 ps2 games and you want to be able to play them without having to re purchase a ps2?
you don't have two audio/video ports in your tv or one of them is already taken by something else, and being able to not have to plug in your old system to play old games is nice?
you know your old system will inevitably die out but you don't want to buy a ps2 just to play your old games?
they just never get around to making a next gen crazy taxi?

i think there are plenty legitimate reasons to want to have your new system be backwards compatible. and the ones i posted are probably the silliest of the reasons. i won't lose sleep over it, but it'd be nice if the ps3 i was about to buy was backward compatible. it's only a matter of time until my ps2 poops out on me.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:50 pm  Post subject: Re: Do Tricky and On Tour work on Xbox 360?  
Attack Duck Owner
[quiote]you don't have two audio/video ports in your tv or one of them is already taken by something else, and being able to not have to plug in your old system to play old games is nice?[/quote]
there are things called switchers to combat the issue of only having one port. i have an hdmi switch since my tv only has one hdmi port.

Quote:
your old system broke and you want a new system but you have like 20 ps2 games and you want to be able to play them without having to re purchase a ps2?

well, i guess you could spend 300 or more (since they're rare now) for a bc fatty or something likely under 100 for a new ps2. i guess if you really want that ps3 to play ps2 games on then hell, go for it.

Quote:
you know your old system will inevitably die out but you don't want to buy a ps2 just to play your old games?

bwah? really? just go to any mom and pop video game shop and rebuy your console. the one i go to still has tons of nes's and what not to buy. tons of games for every old school system, imports, hell, there's even TI 99 games there.

there is some slightly flawed logic going on here.

or maybe i just get don't get why you buy a next gen system to play last gen games on.

or you could just wait for the company to make an hd remake since that seems to be all the rage. :rolleyes

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:18 pm  Post subject: Re: Do Tricky and On Tour work on Xbox 360?  
i think you're missing the point. i don't think anyone would be buying a ps3 to play ps2 games, i think people would buy a ps3 to play ps3 games, but the fact that the ps3 could potentially be able to play your old ps2 games would definitely be an added bonus (for various reasons i think i've illustrated fairly well). i think you're thinking about it too much and only from your perspective.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:10 pm  Post subject: Re: Do Tricky and On Tour work on Xbox 360?  
Attack Duck Owner
no, i'm not. cause if you're so worried about playing last gen games, skip buying whatever console is in the "current" gen if there isn't enough on it to keep you occupied and keep whatever you have. bc is an added plus but if that's the main feature you're buying a next gen console for, then you shouldn't be buying a next gen console.

like i said, if you're that concerned, just wait for the eventual hd collection.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:10 am  Post subject: Re: Do Tricky and On Tour work on Xbox 360?  
Master Codfish
XBL: bakalhau90
PSN: bakalhau90
I'd love PS2 compatibility but on the PSVita. Give me Burnout 3 on the go please! And both God Of War!

On a home system though... I couldn't care much about BC. But I think companies should support it, lots of people out there care about it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:58 am  Post subject: Re: Do Tricky and On Tour work on Xbox 360?  
vix wrote:
if you're so worried about playing last gen games, skip buying whatever console is in the "current" gen if there isn't enough on it to keep you occupied and keep whatever you have.

Yeah, it's retarded that Blu-ray players can play DVD's. Just repurchase your collection, if you really want to watch old movies.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:38 am  Post subject: Re: Do Tricky and On Tour work on Xbox 360?  
wait a minute... ps3's can't play DVD's?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:05 pm  Post subject: Re: Do Tricky and On Tour work on Xbox 360?  
Attack Duck Owner
yeah, they can. most of my tv shows are on dvd box sets and yeah, they work on ps3's.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:01 pm  Post subject: Re: Do Tricky and On Tour work on Xbox 360?  
whew that would suck. good. stoked.

Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  1, 2