Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:15 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:24 am  Post subject: Should I wait or play?  
Since SSX is still 7 months away, I was thinking of getting SSX Tricky/3, Stoked, or Amped. Is there a point since it looks like SSX 2011 will be the best? I have other games I still need to play this year. Is there a point to play other snowboarding games? Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:59 am  Post subject: Re: Should I wait or play?  
Attack Duck Owner
PSN: VixDiesel
I've never played Stoked or Amped but you really can't go wrong with Tricky and 3. They really are great games.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:59 pm  Post subject: Re: Should I wait or play?  
Noob moment....What's Stoked and Amped?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:12 pm  Post subject: Re: Should I wait or play?  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #2
  • SSX Blur: Overall: #3
PSN: PabloYeti
Aup - forget the rest and stay with SSX :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:27 pm  Post subject: Re: Should I wait or play?  
Attack Duck Owner
PSN: VixDiesel
Stoked and Amped are other snowboarding games. I believe both are xbox exclusives.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:42 am  Post subject: Re: Should I wait or play?  
Get Tricky and 3. Those two are the pinnacle of SSX so far.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:58 pm  Post subject: Re: Should I wait or play?  
Get SSX Tricky and/or SSX3. Both are x-levels above Amped and Stoked. Didn't like either of those, mainly because of the lack of tricks, freedom, style and the competitive levels compared to i.e SSX3. And that comes from a neutral point of view, to be honest. Before SSX, I used to play Cool Boarders snowboard games for PSX, which were great. But yeah, stick to SSX. Period.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:45 am  Post subject: Re: Should I wait or play?  
XBL: Kaavyn
SSX 3 is only 5-8 dollars at gamestop and well worth the price. I would have paid 30 or more for it. Tricky is a little more than that, but you could probably get both for under 20.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:35 pm  Post subject: Re: Should I wait or play?  
PSN: CHROMANAUT_
there shouldn't even be a question! of course you should foo!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:26 pm  Post subject: Re: Should I wait or play?  
elgen wrote:
Before SSX, I used to play Cool Boarders snowboard games for PSX, which were great. But yeah, stick to SSX. Period.

I won't lie. I played the hell out of Cool Boarders 2 and 3 on Playstation back in the day.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:43 pm  Post subject: Re: Should I wait or play?  
Of course you did, whoo. That's how we got into SSX anyways! :yes Heeeheee. But yesh, I kinda miss those games. They were darn fun, I gotta say. Especially if you had friends to compete with! And designing your own snowboard was hella cool as well! I remember I never got 50.0 on the half-pipe in CB2. Got x-number of 49.9's though...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:57 am  Post subject: Re: Should I wait or play?  
whoozwah wrote:
elgen wrote:
Before SSX, I used to play Cool Boarders snowboard games for PSX, which were great. But yeah, stick to SSX. Period.

I won't lie. I played the hell out of Cool Boarders 2 and 3 on Playstation back in the day.

I've actually still got CB 2 and 3. Sometimes I load them up on my PS2/3.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ]