Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:08 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:38 am  Post subject: Favorite SSX Music  
PSN: CHROMANAUT_
i'm sure i or someone else has done this before, but it looks like it hasn't been talked about in the last 6+ months, so i'm starting it up again.

what's your favorite music in all the SSX games?

i put a post about this on my blog, where you can listen to all my favorite tracks: http://chrononautical.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-love-ssx.html.

also, check out my 8tracks profile with both SSX 1-3 songs and On Tour favorites: http://8tracks.com/cheebs (the one's that have pictures of a snowboarder and a skiier)

i LOVE the music from SSX and Tricky probably the best. Some of my favorite tracks include:

"Gin & Sin" by John Morgan
"Song for Dot" by Space Raiders
"System Overload" by Huda Hudia
Dreamers of the Dream
"Suprize Package (Remix)" by Mix Master Mike
"Board Burner" by Mix Master Mike
"Slayboarder" by Mix Master Mike
"King of the Beats" by Aphrodite

but i love pretty much all the songs. from SSX 3 i like:

"Emerge" by Fischerspooner
"All Night" by Swollen Members
"Deep End (Utah Saints Remix)" by Swollen Members
"Wobble" by Aphrodite
"Screw Up" by Overseer
"Poor Leno" by Royksopp
"Do Your Thing" by Basment Jaxx
"We Don't Care" by Audio Bullys

AND last but not least, i think On Tour's soundtrack was phenomenal:

"Banquet" by Bloc Party
"Flutter" by Bonobo
"International ft. Beenie Man" by Chali 2na
"Romantic Rights" by Death From Above 1979
"Run to the Hills" by Iron Maiden
"Red Hot" by Jurassic 5
"Daft Punk is Playing at My House" by LCD Soundsystem
"Sittin' Sidewayz" by Paul Wall (the beat is so awesome)
"Medication" by Queens of the Stone Age
"No Pun Intended" by The Hives
"Antisocial" by Vatican DC

and there's other ones. but i got lazy. pretty much all these songs influenced me to go deeper into each artist and get albums, more songs, etc. ESPECIALLY On Tour. i have all the soundtracks, and if i don't, i have all the albums that the songs belong on, of course of only the ones i like. SSX's music is SO AMAZING. i hope they wow us in the new one. i know, i'm a little obsessed about SSX music, but i wanna know what y'all's favorites are.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 1:09 am  Post subject: Re: Favorite SSX Music  
PSN: CHROMANAUT_
i know i'm double posting, but the SSX 1-3 mix i made on 8tracks has got 33 likes in what, the two days i've made it? looks like people love this on that website at least. maybe we should push for more tracks like that on the new one?

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 10:26 pm  Post subject: Re: Favorite SSX Music  
PSN: jonipooon
The song I like the best in SSX is the SSX theme song, I mean the ambient one playing during the Start Menu of the original SSX. It totally captures the feeling of how ultimate the game is, and it always gives me the goosebumps while listening to it.

For Tricky, I simply loved everything.

For SSX3, I love John Morgan's songs which are not included in any offical soundtrack. According to me, Morgan's songs are the ones that really captures the soul and glory of the BIG mountain.

For On Tour, both of Bonobo's songs "Flutter" and "Pick Up" fits the game perfectly. My personal favourite however is Maximo Park's "Apply Some Pressure", even though it has no place in the game in my opinion. Its a fucking great song, really.

For Blur... everything was shit.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 10:01 am  Post subject: Re: Favorite SSX Music  
Oh definitely, the title theme is awesome, it sets the mood so well. It's also cool how it changes depending on where you're at in the menu. I'll just go ahead and throw it in here.

Hard to choose any definite favorites, the music as a whole was fantastic in the first two. The other games have some nice tracks as well, but they aren't as seamlessly integrated. The music was worked into the game so well in SSX and Tricky. I guess to namedrop some, Punk Shock, Chartertrip, Downtime and Surprize Packidge would stand out the most for me. And of course, Finished Symphony is mandatory. Can't really name any from Tricky, I've played it like once. Like, this song is nice and all, but I can't associate it with the game. Which is what this comes down to for me, emotional ties and all that. No actually scratch that, it sounds weird. Or no, actually it sums it up pretty well. The way they contributed to the atmosphere. And such.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:08 am  Post subject: Re: Favorite SSX Music  
I really enjoyed SSX3's soundtrack. (I need to order it off Amazon.) There were some Tricky tracks I enjoyed too. I really wish you could find the soundtracks in stores, but oh well.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]