Switch to full style
Forum for general topics of all SSX types
Post a reply

Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:50 am

Spam. Post count contributes nothing to the forum but a needless contest that contributes to spam.

Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:42 pm

Not many requests recently, so here we go.
I have heard that there's a chat room, possibly
going to be implemented into the forum.

I hope it shows up when we visit the main page,
so it is visible to all and newcomers, to say hi.

Chatango is usually the one i use, but Mibbit ( IRC ),
is the one that has been set up, so hopefully it comes
here before the release of SSX, so we can get chatting.

Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:25 pm

a like button!

Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:45 pm

DELETE PLEASE
Last edited by KROMAT on Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:57 pm

Gondee, maybe you could add a 'Read older posts' button on the index?

Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:14 am

I know people have mentioned this before, numerous time actually.

G, are there any hacks or any anything that let's people like posts?

Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:44 pm

I could see a 'like' or 'thank you' system actually encourage people to post more meaningful stuff and help each other out a lot more.

Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:16 am

^ Things like that have to be implemented very carefully. I remember another forum I used to frequent a few years, which eventually went through some updates of the forum boards. The like/dislike function resulted in people going bananas as a few users used this to dislike posts they didn't agree with, and when posts reached a specific number of dislikes they were hidden (much like YouTube comments works today). I think the key failure in this was the dislike option. However, a like function might turn out to be bad as well, especially if it's connected to a user's 'rank' or 'statistics over liked posts', much like a post count number below your avatar have the same effect.

Don't know what options that are available for phpBB, but a simple 'thumbs up' like Facebook might be the best. Something that doesn't affect post flow of a topic or promote a user, but a small notification in the corner as a quick hint that this post might be helpful or informative.

Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:07 am

I'm too stupid to understand this.
--------------------------------
coque protection Galaxy Tab S coque Galaxy Tab S 8.4
Post a reply