Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:03 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:35 pm  Post subject:   
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Quote:
Yeah, I knew that this wouldn't be as easy to fix. I was thinking maybe you can put a a little tablet with an arrow next to so that when you click on it all the numbers pop out. Something similar to the tablet with which you can Jump to different forums. Or you can simply make the numbers smaller and list every singel one, but this would cause a bit of a problem in the bigger topics which have over a 100 posts.

Would a drop down menu beside the regular page work? I think I could probably make it work - provided it didn't look too ugly, I don't have a huge problem with it. Would that be cool? (psst, drop down menu is like the Jump box right below the "Goto page etc" think at the bottom of the page. :)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 2:15 pm  Post subject:   
Hmm...would the drop down box take place of the "Goto page 1 2 3 Next" links? Cause...those are still necessary in my opinion. Or...I guess if those are still at the top of the page, and the bottom of the page was replaced with the drop down box, that'd be cool...but I wouldn't like it if the individual page links were totally gone. Especially like if there's only 3 pages in the topic and there was only the drop down...you'd have to click on that just to go to the next page, which wouldn't make sense. But of course the topics with 10+ pages (especially the 100+ ones) it would be extremely benificial to have the drop down box. So yeah, I say do it as long as both can be kept...:)...(I hope I was able to explain what I was thinking good enough :heh)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:02 pm  Post subject:   
DG wrote:
I guess if those are still at the top of the page, and the bottom of the page was replaced with the drop down box, that'd be cool...but I wouldn't like it if the individual page links were totally gone.

No, I wouldn't remove the 1,2,3 links. I definitely like the idea of replacing one set of the pagination links with the drop down, or I could simply set it up so the drop down is placed alongside the existing links.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:27 pm  Post subject:   
Would it be better to put a little text box under the "1, 2, 3" links, allowing us to type the page we want to go to?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:44 pm  Post subject:   
I duno how hard that would be Devil...but yea gondee...I think it'd be a great idea...:thumbsup

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:10 am  Post subject:   
I just noticed you implemented the members alphabetized list

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:50 pm  Post subject:   
MY REQUEST..

i said this in another thread.. but to make sure you know about it ill repeat it here..

i think there should be a whole new page in the index for competitions..
it seems that a specific (though nothing against it) new competition will be using alot of threads and adding too much to the fan art section
though this is an art contest based on ssx.. i think it should not be located in the fan art section as it would confuse people.. also the names of the threads might confuse people and especially newcomers who have no idea what is going on.. and also competitiors themselves might have trouble keeping track of their progress or knowing whats next due to the random nature of posting and thus order and arrangement of newest/oldest threads and posts

this case thus inspired me to ask for this as it seems there are many competitions going on and have taken place too.. it will thus surely be popular and wont be neglected so your efforts are sure not to have gone to waste..
i also think this will create better bonds between members as there will be a larger aspect of friendly competition..

also, with a new competition section, it can be used for more than just art contests but also royanks rumored and unconfirmed contest for his board.. or also merqcity stuff like if you are giving away the game to people when it comes out (just examples)

so if it would not be too much trouble could you, gondee, open another section to the index like the playground/lodge/fanart section

thanks

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:31 am  Post subject:   
Mmm...if it's a competition for ssx fan art, it should go in the fan art forum. No other more appropriate place for it. And I encourage competitions - it will make the fan art forum much more active and encourage people to visit it more.

Contests come and go, we don't really need a whole new forum for it, but thanks for thinking about it. :yes We need that kind of thought for the future of the forum to be vibrant. :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:21 am  Post subject:   
okie.. its just cos it seems contests here are taken as quite a big deal so i thought it would be more convienient to separate the contests from the real fan art..
and the one on now seems to be rather long and would take more than one thread.. i think theres already 3.. and all have totally unrelated titles.. so its abit confusing..
or am i just dumb.. no.. dont answer that..

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:53 am  Post subject:   
The contests will eventually end, and the threads will die. That's why I don't really think we need a whole forum for it. :no But hey, feel free to throw out more ideas. I'm all for always making the forum better. :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:04 am  Post subject:   
gondee wrote:
The contests will eventually end, and the threads will die. That's why I don't really think we need a whole forum for it. :no But hey, feel free to throw out more ideas. I'm all for always making the forum better. :)

yeah i guess :yes (though all posts die out)
and okie :yes

oh and yeah.. i was thinking if its possible to add a box to type the page number for all other pages in the forum.. cos if someone wants to go to example.. page 14.. and it only has page "1,2,3...23,24,25" then they would have to click next 10 times to reach it..

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:07 am  Post subject:   
Master Codfish
XBL: bakalhau90
PSN: bakalhau90
I support this idea, sometimes it gets really annoying having to click so many times just to get to some of the SSX3 Records pages...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:09 am  Post subject:   
No problem. I'm gonna institute a few changes in the pagination here in a week or two. :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:09 am  Post subject:   
Master Codfish
gondee wrote:
No problem. I'm gonna institute a few changes in the pagination here in a week or two. :)

Too late for edit so I'm asking if there's gonna be any more rounds about improvements for the Grav Bar...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:13 am  Post subject:   
After I get done with the SSX theme, yeah. One more, and then I'm going to take a break for a bit while I work on the FAQ and get the SSX On Tour section on the site. :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:17 am  Post subject:   
Master Codfish
Since you mentioned SSX4 can we know what kind of things will you try to include in that section? :P

:heh :heh :heh No more questions after this one I promise. :heh :heh

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:37 am  Post subject:   
Wont know that until the game comes out. :P I'm trying to limit making huge promises since the SSX 3 section never really took off. :heh

Probably character art, cheats, stuff like that. Nothing really serious.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:52 pm  Post subject:   
gondee wrote:

:|
:rock gondeeeeeee

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:32 am  Post subject:   
Heya Masta G...:china...I've been thinking about something I think should be added to everyone's profiles if at all possible so we know if that person is a guy or a girl! We've all done it at least once...gone along thinking someone was a guy, but ended up being a girl...visa versa...and, I think to avoid any confusion of the sorts, you could add a Gender option in there, say...either under the Profile Information, or Preferences...and have the Gender option the same style as the bulleted ones under Preferences. And, I figured the best place to show it is just in the individual profiles...so, if someone wants to look and see if this person's a male or female, they check the profile for them and see either a tiny blue male symbol, or a tiny pink female symbol (like the ones I've seen that are used for the Arcade Profile? or something like that. Anyway, I hope what I've said makes sense...hehe...this sleeping pill is kicking in...and i'm like...half :zzz ...at another message board forum like this I belonged to, that's how they did it...and it was quite helpful. Thought it'd be a useful addition if you think you could do it without too much trouble...:)...I'd appreciate it mucho...and so would others who are like "are they a he or a she"...:heh

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:06 pm  Post subject:   
dolphingirl wrote:
Heya Masta G...:china...I've been thinking about something I think should be added to everyone's profiles if at all possible so we know if that person is a guy or a girl! We've all done it at least once...gone along thinking someone was a guy, but ended up being a girl...visa versa...and, I think to avoid any confusion of the sorts, you could add a Gender option in there, say...either under the Profile Information, or Preferences...and have the Gender option the same style as the bulleted ones under Preferences. And, I figured the best place to show it is just in the individual profiles...so, if someone wants to look and see if this person's a male or female, they check the profile for them and see either a tiny blue male symbol, or a tiny pink female symbol (like the ones I've seen that are used for the Arcade Profile? or something like that. Anyway, I hope what I've said makes sense...hehe...this sleeping pill is kicking in...and i'm like...half :zzz ...at another message board forum like this I belonged to, that's how they did it...and it was quite helpful. Thought it'd be a useful addition if you think you could do it without too much trouble...:)...I'd appreciate it mucho...and so would others who are like "are they a he or a she"...:heh

Yeah, I don't think gender will be a problem to install, provided it's not a huge change. I always wondered if people cared about that.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:08 pm  Post subject:   
Master Codfish
Yes we did... :glare :heh

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:16 pm  Post subject:   
bakalhau wrote:
Yes we did... :glare :heh

Uhh...when?

:glare :glare :glare :glare :glare :glare :glare :glare :glare :glare :glare :glare :glare :glare :glare :glare :glare :glare :glare :glare :glare :glare :glare :glare :glare :glare :glare :glare :glare :glare :glare :glare :glare :glare

Oh, and some more for good measure:

:glare :glare :glare :glare :glare :glare :glare :glare :glare :glare :glare :glare :glare :glare :glare :glare :glare :glare :glare :glare :glare :glare :glare :glare :glare :glare :glare :glare :glare :glare :glare :glare :glare :glare :glare :glare

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:18 pm  Post subject:   
Master Codfish
Just supporting her, which means I also want that option. :glare

:heh :heh

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:50 pm  Post subject:   
That'll be cool gondee...and I duno why, but it seems lately it becomes a question more quickly that comes to mind..."do I say, he or she"...:heh

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:18 pm  Post subject:   
XBL: freejayfly
How about adding a fan art place for the people that aren't drawing SSX related stuff... I mean, it's kinda just wasting space on the SSX Fan Art and Fan Fiction board...

Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 7 of 10 [ 234 posts ]  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10