Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:36 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:27 pm  Post subject: SSX 5 talk...  
Jay and I were talking about this the other day... but what ould you like to see in SSX 5... GSG says she's interested inseeing the characters actaully walking around instead of riding their boards everywhere they go. I'd like the same thing, and maybe even get to talk to the other characters that are in the game.

(GSG taking over typing) Anyways yes, I would love to to see those. I was talking to vix the other night and she said that if it was to come out, in the beginning, Psymon would be having a horrible dream (aka the On Tour Games) anywho, like maybe we can see where the boarders sleep when they're done with events, and when they go inside their cabin or room or whatever, the TV'll be on and they can watch reveiws (which would be optional). Maybe... just maybe, EA could put in maybe 3 or 5 little mini games in the game... if... IF we get the ability to walk around and examine stuff and what not. I want more freedom than the 'freedon' we have in the game.

Anyone else have any ideas?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:00 am  Post subject:   
i wanna see something that it is the equilvelant to Pipedream!! best run ever imho.

more importantly i would just like to know if they are even gunna make ssx5!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:12 am  Post subject:   
PSN: jonipooon
I've been thinking about this since I heard about PS3. :D And you know what? I've drawn 5 different mountains for SSX5, and if you guys want I could put 'em up here.

The mountains are:

Sky Resort, 2 peaks
X-Peaks, 3 peaks
Tune Pist Resort, 4 peaks
Master Mountain, 1 peak
SSX Future Resort, ??? peaks

Wierd names, but hey, I was thirteen when I draw this! :P

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:51 am  Post subject:   
PSN: MistressWiggle
I wanna see an actual snowboarding game not an RPG

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:35 am  Post subject:   
XBL: Jayrich88
I want to see something like SSX Tricky with new tracks and tricks, all the characters, and the personalities that the characters had before.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:56 am  Post subject:   
SSX: Racing: #1
Clayman
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX: Racing: #1
  • SSX: Overall: #2
You can walk around in SSX 1 you know. :glare

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:58 am  Post subject:   
XBL: freejayfly
yea... with a cheat code. I think the cheat was called "Run with your board"

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:02 pm  Post subject:   
Sounds like you wanna turn this game to Tony Hawk. I think most of the story elements should be removed and the game should focus on creating a fun, arcade, pick-up-and-play experience. If I wanted story and character, I'd play MGS.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:03 pm  Post subject:   
Devil wrote:
Sounds like you wanna turn this game to Tony Hawk. I think most of the story elements should be removed and the game should focus on creating a fun, arcade, pick-up-and-play experience. If I wanted story and character, I'd play MGS.

Exactly my point, and when there are so many good RPG's out there why should fans who want a snowboarding game have to suffer.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:17 pm  Post subject:   
Walk around, talk to people, but still have the good elements of fun! Maybe a story but i don't know..... I just want it to be good as hell!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:20 pm  Post subject:   
look: Story mode, go around compete in competitions, check out the players ending when you complete it...
Freeplay: Ride around on your board wherever you go like old times.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:21 pm  Post subject:   
see now it sounds like a fighter as well....

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:48 pm  Post subject:   
NA wrote:

That's not what I meant. I want it to be like in SSX 3, but bigger and more great. If you look at the art rewards in SSX 3, you can see lots of awesome tracks. THOSE are the courses I'd like to see in SSX5. :cheers

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:51 pm  Post subject:   
Same here Joni, those tracks are fucking SICK!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:52 pm  Post subject:   
Those tracks would have been nice if you could ride on them, if only the game makers had the brains to put those in the actual game......

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:13 pm  Post subject:   
SSX On Tour: Racing: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 4
  • SSX On Tour: Racing: #1
  • SSX 3: Overall: #2
  • SSX 3: Racing: #3
  • SSX On Tour: Overall: #3
Same formula as SSX3, just without the glitches and a reliable online server is all i'm really asking for. Ok, E.A. had their fun time trying to make something new in S.O.T., but PLEASE don't stick with this formula like THUG did. I'll give up SSX if they do :dead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:18 pm  Post subject:   
Jonipoon wrote:
NA wrote:

That's not what I meant. I want it to be like in SSX 3, but bigger and more great. If you look at the art rewards in SSX 3, you can see lots of awesome tracks. THOSE are the courses I'd like to see in SSX5. :cheers

Well that's the point I friggin DON'T wan't it to be like SSX3 the one big mountain idea was crap, those courses would be cool if it was structured like in Tricky where you travel around from country to country on an actual fucking tour, not some freeride crap.

I hated having to BUY my god damn attributes and all my god damn clothes and accessories save the few I won. I prefur winning medals unlocking new tracks that way and winning my new boards everytime I got a new rank from winning and getting my clothes NOT by doing "BIG Challenges" but by actually being good at the frikkin game.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:31 pm  Post subject:   
yes NA... but that's you... and probably a few other ppl, some of us are old schoolers some of us like what's new and happening (unless we're talking about OT)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:18 pm  Post subject:   
Attack Duck Owner
PSN: VixDiesel
I wouldn't mind a real lodge that lets you walk around and do stuff but I want the good old days of tricky and ssx to return via the style of 3(mountains) with more mountains worldwhile where you travel and such. And have a free ride that actually lets you free ride all around the mountain, have real backcountry and then have real defined courses.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:31 pm  Post subject:   
I agree with NA, except I would want some way to do a continuous jam through all the courses, like, maybe have a quick little portal or something to get to the next course, I want to avoid menus as much as possible when I'm switching courses.

Sarah and Joanne are wrong- this stays in here until it's proven.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:36 pm  Post subject:   
Dictch the CAC system, Give each country 1 or 2 mountains of there own. Depending on which player you pick would set your "home base" mounatin. Elise for instance would of course be Canada. I want to see well developed peaks for each mountain and you unlock other peaks/mountains by winning events on your home ground and improving you ranking. it would be cool to include 1 on 1 challenges. Say for instance Im playing Elise and I want to compete in Japanese events I have to race or beat Kaori in a trick off.
Actual real developed back country that you can explore for hours if you want too with plenty of freedom to roam without being reset back onto the main track. Bring in coloured slopes like in real life IE blue slopes black slopes etc. I quite like the idea of other people on the courses as in OT but dont just cram all around ramps and jumps to try and slow me down, make it so they actually look like newbies or competent boarders depending the grade of slope im on.
Im not as keen on the idea of walking around as some of the others here but if done well I guess it could be fun. Mostly I would just like to see EA spare no expense in making SSX5 the best snow boarding game it can be, not like EA cant spare a few pounds is it lol. Oh and god damn shit give me back my DJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:15 pm  Post subject:   
PSN: CHROMANAUT_
1. ALL the SSX people come back. And I mean all, good, bad, ugly, fugly. All redone, all new, all fresh, all clean, everything.

2. Everyone who boarded in the first place boards, maybe new people that ski, and the three new skiiers get to stay with skis as well. It will still be a joint thing.

3. Go back to more of a Tricky type of game, that's how a lot of people fell in love with SSX, that's how people would fall in love again.

4. World tour, again. The one mountain thing was fun for a little while, but world tour gives a shit load of variety and opens the doors to making things even more over the top.

5. Voices. There were barely any in OT, and it would be nice to have characters with some attitude and personality.

6. No CAC. And if there is, let's try not to make them lifeless. I think the CAC in THUG 2 would be a good template to go for an SSX style game.

That's all I have for now. I could go on and on though.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:36 am  Post subject:   
NA wrote:
Well that's the point I friggin DON'T wan't it to be like SSX3 the one big mountain idea was crap, those courses would be cool if it was structured like in Tricky where you travel around from country to country on an actual fucking tour, not some freeride crap.

I did'nt say I wanted SSX5 to be completely like SSX 3. I agree with you, a REAL tour is much better then just one big mountain to hang on. What about 5 different mountains around the world where you could travel to? A mixture of the SSX 3 freeride mode with the Tricky World Curcuit. It COULD be awesome.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:37 am  Post subject:   
MESS wrote:
I agree with NA, except I would want some way to do a continuous jam through all the courses, like, maybe have a quick little portal or something to get to the next course, I want to avoid menus as much as possible when I'm switching courses.

yeah exactly like when you finish course it'd be nice to sorta have like a system where you can go right to the net course without riding there or going through menus.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:06 am  Post subject:   
Attack Duck Owner
PSN: VixDiesel
It would also be nice, in my opinion, to be able to free ride from the top of the mountain to the bottom on nothing but backcountry totally away from the courses, that would be flippin sweet as hell.

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 14 [ 326 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14