Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:52 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 3:12 am  Post subject: Anyone Good With ROM Hacking?  
PSN: PGlassJar
Anyone Good With ROM Hacking?

I started playing Terraria with mods for the first time a few weeks ago and was just in awe -- Terraria's FAN-MADE tModLoader is a complete, awesome modding API. And I was just wondering, what if the same can be done for SSX Tricky? Imaggine new maps, characters, tricks, etc? It'd totally be awesome! So I was wondering, who here's good at reverse engineering software and/or ROM hacking? I'd help you with my little knowledge I have.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 12:46 pm  Post subject: Re: Anyone Good With ROM Hacking?  
XBL: movildima
Such a thing is possible because it's a game made on PC for PC. It is also written in a well-known programming language(C#). The thing about PS2 games is that many games' developers invented new programming languages JUST for one specific game or series(Jak and Daxter is a formidable example of that).
I am not sure if that's the case with SSX, but I don't think that making new assets, converting them to specific game formats and then make the game somehow read them seems doable.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]