Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:28 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:55 am  Post subject: You Love SSX! Why is that?  
Ok guys, i gotta know: What do you like most about the SSX Series? For me, its mostly because of how very quirky they present it. SSX has a lot of charm that even to this day, never faded from my heart, in my opinion it is shown more in Tricky. If they were grounded more in reality, then it wouldn't be fun at all.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:15 am  Post subject: Re: You Love SSX! Why is that?  
SSX 3: Racing: #1SSX On Tour: Showoff: #1SSX 3: Overall: #1SSX On Tour: Overall: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 8
  • Overall Best Players: #2
  • SSX 3: Racing: #1
  • SSX On Tour: Showoff: #1
  • SSX 3: Overall: #1
  • SSX On Tour: Overall: #1
  • SSX 3: Showoff: #2
  • Overall Best Players: Showoff: #2
  • SSX On Tour: Racing: #3
It's probably a mixture of a whole assortment of factors. Firstly, I am attracted to games with ingenious track design. The SSX track design is creative beyond belief, and flows surprisingly naturally. I have yet to experience a game with better level/track/etc. design than SSX 3. Especially the games that have a free roam element score especially highly here.

Because the game casts the ideas of realism completely out the window, it becomes more like a racing game in the way that it allows for fast-paced action with potential for serious speedrunning with a fairly big skill gap. This is something I love as a person. Do it quickly, do it cleanly, do it stylishly.

Character diversity and individuality was also a big deal. The people in the games are just simply really memorable, and create a comprehensive image of who they are. The characters are well-developed, and it shows.

I love the simplicity of getting the game mechanics to work, yet the difficulty in making every move to pinpoint accuracy. It's easy to become decent at the game, it's hard to become good and it's a damn marathon to become really good. Makes it so much easier to properly get into a game.

Finally, it would also be fair to say that it is one of few sports games I know that really do snowboarding well. They say fuck the realism aspect, and it genuinely works.

I tried to account for my nostalgia glasses here and take them off. I think I was relatively successful in doing so.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:14 pm  Post subject: Re: You Love SSX! Why is that?  
XBL: movildima
898ppp wrote:
Because the game casts the ideas of realism completely out the window, it becomes more like a racing game in the way that it allows for fast-paced action with potential for serious speedrunning with a fairly big skill gap. This is something I love as a person. Do it quickly, do it cleanly, do it stylishly.

Finally, it would also be fair to say that it is one of few sports games I know that really do snowboarding well. They say fuck the realism aspect, and it genuinely works.

Those, my friend, are wise words. :china
I wonder how bad this series would be if it was making realism it's main feature. Almost the same applies to the NFS series: who needs realism when you can be cool! (maybe even a little insane).
That's probably the best part of SSX.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:27 pm  Post subject: Re: You Love SSX! Why is that?  
PSN: Uiabird
Mostly the characters for me, they are really done well and stand out.

The only other reason besides what 898ppp covered is that getting better at the game was fun as well, it wasn't too frustrating or rage inducing (I learned this with the new ssx).

But yes 898ppp covered it for all of us ha ha.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:11 am  Post subject: Re: You Love SSX! Why is that?  
Very nice, I dont think anyone would have fun with a SSX game if it was too serious.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:31 pm  Post subject: Re: You Love SSX! Why is that?  
XBL: TrueMLG114
Why I love SSX is the personality's of all the characters. Mac is my favorite. he seems like a real cool friend to have in real life. I see his personality in myself. Another reason I like SSX is for the breathtaking scenery the game offers. In SSX(2012) I enjoyed tearing up in free ride mode on Bulldog in New Zealand. With it at sunset and the sun sitting on the horizon listening to Young Blood by The Naked and Famous was just amazing. By the SSX games always have the best soundtracks. These are just a few reasons why I love SSX and will be my favorite till the day I die!

SSX 4 LIFE :D :D :D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:13 pm  Post subject: Re: You Love SSX! Why is that?  
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX 3: Racing: #2
"SSX 4 LIFE"? Can we leave out "LIFE"? :heh

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:49 pm  Post subject: Re: You Love SSX! Why is that?  
SugarRush wrote:
Ok guys, i gotta know: What do you like most about the SSX Series? For me, its mostly because of how very quirky they present it paris car service. SSX has a lot of charm that even to this day, never faded from my heart, in my opinion it is shown more in Tricky. If they were grounded more in reality, then it wouldn't be fun at all.

for my part, the actors seduce me

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]