Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:31 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 12:38 am  Post subject: Official Merqurycity.com Scoreboard Thread  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Here is the thread where I will be announcing when I have updated the scoreboard. I don't update the Merqurycity.com index page when I have updated the scoreboard, so stay tuned to this thread and feel free to post questions should you have any.

While I have your attention, it's very important to read the rules about all scoreboards here on Merqury City. Once you know the rules, you will understand the way I work and the way the scoreboard works.

Merqurycity.com Scoreboard Rules

The following rules apply to all the scoreboards located at Merqurycity.com.

1. All scores should be submitted via the scoreboard submission form. You must have an working account in the Gravitude Bar (our forum, located here) to submit a score.

We don't accept score submissions off of the forum. That means you can't pop-in to a thread and say "I got 3 million on a track" and expect it to be on the billboard the next day. The reason is two fold: a) It's way too easy to claim you set a number one score on a billboard and then disappear. b) Often when someone submits a score on a billboard, they neglect to include all the necessary information like rider used, board used, etc. Using the scoreboard form ensures you do that.

2. Be sure that the e-mail listed on your Gravitude Bar account works if we have questions.
When you submit a score using the scoreboard form, we may have to contact you via e-mail if we have questions about your score. If the e-mail doesn't work and we get a returned e-mail, your score doesn't get posted, it's that simple. You can point us to a web page with a picture or PM it to gondee or laidback0378 to be sure we get it.

If possible, use the screenshot upload page to upload screenshots onto the server. While we do accept screenshots/video links from other web pages, if you do not upload the screenshots onto the server, the link may eventually become broken over time if you move or delete your files. While the score will still stay verified on the scoreboard, people may not like it if they click on a screenshot link and are presented with a dead link.
Please note that you cannot upload files larger than 100K on the server. The server will also only accept JPEG, GIF and PNG files. So you cannot upload BMP (bitmap) or video (.wmv, .mpg, etc.) files onto the server. If the service is abused, it may be removed.

3. In order for a score to say "Yes" under the Verified column on the scoreboard, it must be proven that you got the score.

In most cases, this involves having a screenshot linked to the score that serves as proof that the score is true. If you have shown a video of your run on the Gravitude Bar and one of the scoreboard administrators has seen it, it will be permanently approved with no link. However, we would still prefer that you submit a screenshot just to show other people that you did indeed make the score. If there is no screenshot attached to a score and you have shown no video of your run in the forum, your score will be temporarily approved and will be listed as "No" under the verified column. You then have 14 days to submit a screenshot/video to confirm your score. You may do this two ways. The first is resubmitting a score entry identical to the one that you submitted before, making sure to put down a screenshot/video link in the entry. The scoreboard administrators will view the proof and accept the score, and it will "overwrite" your existing score. The second is sending a link to your screenshot to one of the scoreboard administrators (gondee/laidback0378) and they will add the screenshot to your score and verify your entry.

Please note that you MUST have VIDEO of certain freestyle and racing SSX 3 scores before they can be confirmed. The various glitches (rail glitch, wormholes that skip 90+% of the track) in the game make it impossible to realistically verify scores by screenshot. Don't blame us, if we could verify otherwise, we'd still allow it. However, we will allow screenshot proof of wormhole race times as we have done that in the past.

The following racing and freestyle tracks require video to be confirmed.
Racing: Throne, Ruthless Ridge, Happiness and Intimidator.
Freestyle: All tracks except Schizophrenia, Perpendiculous, Happiness and Much2Much.

4. If you have submitted a screenshot only as proof of your score, someone who has a score on that scoreboard can initiate a "challenge" of your score. Video is the only 100% full-proof method of verification.

This is only allowed if the person initiated the challenge has an existing entry on that track that has been beaten by your score. The person must make the challenge in this thread within 30 days of your score being approved and you have 30 days to respond. If your score has been challenged, a PM will be sent to your account on the Gravitude as well.
If your score has been challenged, it is required that you submit video of your score to either the forum at large or to the scoreboard administrator to verify your score. If you do not, then the score may be removed if it is deemed by the scoreboard admin that you haven't submitted adequate proof to verify your score. This is to ensure the integrity of the scoreboard remains intact in the days of cheating devices, etc.

5. All systems are accepted. Both PAL and NTSC systems are on the same scoreboard.

SSX is one of those rare series where it makes no difference what TV or video game system they use. The game runs nearly identically across all systems and television standards.

6. Merqurycity.com reserves the right to change these rules as the scoreboard grows and new techniques that push the rules are discovered. As of THIS MOMENT, however, there are only these techniques banned.

1) Use of GAMESHARK or ACTION REPLAY or any cheat device for all SSX games.

2) Special SSX 3 techniques that are banned:
a) Submitting scores you have gotten using the special features in Single Play mode. Merqurycity.com is only accepting screenshots of the "Top 5" scores screen, or the Peak Score screen for the Peak Jams. Not the "Event" score screen since you can get that screen using the "unlimited boost" and other options. You canNOT save your scores on the "Top 5" scores screen if you use these options.
b) Using the rail glitch to get huge SSX 3 Freestyle scores. Video is required for all SSX 3 Freestyle score entries.

Last edited by gondee on Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:45 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 1:47 am  Post subject: 10.03.03  
Merqurycity.com Scoreboard Rules

The following rules apply to all the scoreboards located at Merqurycity.com.

1. All scores should be submitted via the scoreboard submission form. You must have an working account in the Gravitude Bar (our forum, located here) to submit a score.

We don't accept score submissions off of the forum. That means you can't pop-in to a thread and say "I got 3 million on a track" and expect it to be on the billboard the next day. The reason is two fold: a) It's way too easy to claim you set a number one score on a billboard and then disappear. b) Often when someone submits a score on a billboard, they neglect to include all the necessary information like rider used, board used, etc. Using the scoreboard form ensures you do that.

2. Be sure that the e-mail listed on your Gravitude Bar account works if we have questions.
When you submit a score using the scoreboard form, we may have to contact you via e-mail if we have questions about your score. If the e-mail doesn't work and we get a returned e-mail, your score doesn't get posted, it's that simple. You can point us to a web page with a picture or PM it to gondee or laidback0378 to be sure we get it.

If possible, use the screenshot upload page to upload screenshots onto the server. While we do accept screenshots/video links from other web pages, if you do not upload the screenshots onto the server, the link may eventually become broken over time if you move or delete your files. While the score will still stay verified on the scoreboard, people may not like it if they click on a screenshot link and are presented with a dead link.
Please note that you cannot upload files larger than 100K on the server. The server will also only accept JPEG, GIF and PNG files. So you cannot upload BMP (bitmap) or video (.wmv, .mpg, etc.) files onto the server. If the service is abused, it may be removed.

3. In order for a score to say "Yes" under the Verified column on the scoreboard, it must be proven that you got the score.

In most cases, this involves having a screenshot linked to the score that serves as proof that the score is true. If you have shown a video of your run on the Gravitude Bar and one of the scoreboard administrators has seen it, it will be permanently approved with no link. However, we would still prefer that you submit a screenshot just to show other people that you did indeed make the score. If there is no screenshot attached to a score and you have shown no video of your run in the forum, your score will be temporarily approved and will be listed as "No" under the verified column. You then have 14 days to submit a screenshot/video to confirm your score. You may do this two ways. The first is resubmitting a score entry identical to the one that you submitted before, making sure to put down a screenshot/video link in the entry. The scoreboard administrators will view the proof and accept the score, and it will "overwrite" your existing score. The second is sending a link to your screenshot to one of the scoreboard administrators (gondee/laidback0378) and they will add the screenshot to your score and verify your entry.

Please note that you MUST have VIDEO of certain freestyle and racing SSX 3 scores before they can be confirmed. The various glitches (rail glitch, wormholes that skip 90+% of the track) in the game make it impossible to realistically verify scores by screenshot. Don't blame us, if we could verify otherwise, we'd still allow it. However, we will allow screenshot proof of wormhole race times as we have done that in the past.

The following racing and freestyle tracks require video to be confirmed.
Racing: Throne, Ruthless Ridge, Happiness and Intimidator.
Freestyle: All tracks except Schizophrenia, Perpendiculous, Happiness and Much2Much.

4. If you have submitted a screenshot only as proof of your score, someone who has a score on that scoreboard can initiate a "challenge" of your score. Video is the only 100% full-proof method of verification.

This is only allowed if the person initiated the challenge has an existing entry on that track that has been beaten by your score. The person must make the challenge in this thread within 30 days of your score being approved and you have 30 days to respond. If your score has been challenged, a PM will be sent to your account on the Gravitude as well.
If your score has been challenged, it is required that you submit video of your score to either the forum at large or to the scoreboard administrator to verify your score. If you do not, then the score may be removed if it is deemed by the scoreboard admin that you haven't submitted adequate proof to verify your score. This is to ensure the integrity of the scoreboard remains intact in the days of cheating devices, etc.

5. All systems are accepted. Both PAL and NTSC systems are on the same scoreboard.

SSX is one of those rare series where it makes no difference what TV or video game system they use. The game runs nearly identically across all systems and television standards.

6. Merqurycity.com reserves the right to change these rules as the scoreboard grows and new techniques that push the rules are discovered. As of THIS MOMENT, however, there are only these techniques banned.

1) Use of GAMESHARK or ACTION REPLAY or any cheat device for all SSX games.

2) Special SSX 3 techniques that are banned:
a) Submitting scores you have gotten using the special features in Single Play mode. Merqurycity.com is only accepting screenshots of the "Top 5" scores screen, or the Peak Score screen for the Peak Jams. Not the "Event" score screen since you can get that screen using the "unlimited boost" and other options. You canNOT save your scores on the "Top 5" scores screen if you use these options.
b) Using the rail glitch to get huge SSX 3 Freestyle scores. Video is required for all SSX 3 Freestyle score entries.

Last edited by gondee on Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 2:26 pm  Post subject: Update for 10.27.03  
Update for 10.27.03:

- Updated a series of scores from naya82 and Mr.Chaos. Good work you two! :) Naya - get me screenshots of your scores ASAP - send them to gondee6@yahoo.com. Thanks! :china

- Updated BlackDth's old MCM score and removed the unverified scores per his request. I couldn't access his Mesa score so I couldn't update it.

- Updated ssx4ever's scores on EA SSX, EA Tricky and Gari Tricky.

- Updated Yoshi's scores - I think I still need a screenshot for Mesa, Yoshi.

-Updated various scores as appropriate.

By next update, we should have the SSX 3 scoreboard in shape.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 1:47 am  Post subject: Update for 11.24.03  
Update for 11.24.03 -

Updated with B100dy's score on Snowdream for Tricky. Updated a few SSX EA racing scores.

Updated with all of Naya's screenshots, including his 3 mil on EA. He's holding a good chunk of the top 3 spots, and is definitely Europe's best Tricky player.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 2:24 am  Post subject:   
Update for 3.28.04 (man, has it been that long? My sincerest apologies to everyone who hung on with the patience of a saint while I got swamped with the SSX 3 scoreboard.)

The SSX and SSX Tricky scoreboards are now, to the best of my knowledge, completely updated with all the scores I know of at the moment.

Now that I will be handing the SSX 3 scoreboard over to laidback0378, I will focus on the Tricky and SSX scoreboard to update as needed. That way it won't be so long between updates.

Updated with lots of new scores from alpmaster, frost, ssx4ever, MrChaos and BlackDth. I went back 5 months into all my records to be sure I got them all. :) Congrats all and thanks again for being so patient.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 12:02 am  Post subject:   
Update for 4.24.04 -

- Updated a ton of scores from both alpmaster and Frost. They're really storming the scoreboard. Also added some great scores from ssx4ever. :china

- Observe, the first time since Tricky was released, that FirebrandX was not in the top 3 of TWO of the courses. :eek :yes Good work, gentlemen. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 10:57 pm  Post subject:   
Scoreboard update for 6.04.04

- Added 4 new Chaos #1's. It's safe to say he's been on a tear.

- Added other smaller various scores.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:14 am  Post subject:   
what's up with elysium alps race??

it's not there??? :dead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:03 pm  Post subject:   
Thanks for letting me know. :) I'll fix it here soon.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:20 am  Post subject:   
Classic Killa
  • SSX: Showoff: #2

:wtf

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:49 am  Post subject:   
SSX: Racing: #1
Clayman
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX: Racing: #1
  • SSX: Overall: #2
:heh

You were saying how I don't always get jipped gondee?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:08 pm  Post subject:   
This thread will be used to discuss issues regarding the SSX and SSX Tricky sections of the new php scoreboard. :D

The same rules apply, with a few adjoiners I will tack on after we get the thing up, running, and ironing out the details. Rest assured you guys won't have to wait months anymore between billboard updates. It will probably be a few days at the most.

The scoreboard would most of likely been shut down by now had we not gotten the PHP scoreboard, so be sure you give laidback0378 his props for saving this section of the site. It's now not only back, it'll be better than ever and good for all time. :china We now are infinitely scalable for the future, so there will be no further problems updating SSX through SSX 10 in the future. :no

See the PHP Scoreboard Announcement upcoming in the SSX 3 forum for more information. :yes

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:27 am  Post subject:   
SSX: Racing: #1
Clayman
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX: Racing: #1
  • SSX: Overall: #2
I can't wait, even tho I've been for almost a year. :heh

Good job gondee and LB, thanks for taking it seriously and putting the hardwork to make this a reality.

Will there be any visual differences to the new scoreboard?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:24 pm  Post subject:   
gondee's FAQ writer
alpmaster wrote:

LOL. :heh :heh :heh :heh :heh :heh :heh :heh :heh :heh :heh

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:15 pm  Post subject:   
alpmaster wrote:

Good job gondee and LB, thanks for taking it seriously and putting the hardwork to make this a reality.

:heh Hard work? Not much work - money, but no work. :heh The work is on Austin's part and ours to populate the scoreboard with the existing scores, after that? It's cake baby! :cheers

Quote:
Will there be any visual differences to the new scoreboard?

Most likely. I'll try to tailor it as best I can, but there's some stuff that will be different, like the layout of the index page and the score submission screen. We're still working out the details, but I'll try my hardest to make it as close to possible as the existing scoreboards. That was one of the things we insisted on. :yes

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 2:20 am  Post subject:   
THE NEW SCOREBOARD IS OPEN, woo hoo!

Enjoy all the details right here:

http://www.merqurycity.com/ssx_forum/vi ... php?t=4577

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:22 am  Post subject:   
It's about as minor of a deal as you can get, but I fixed the character glitches on the submissions screen for SSX Tricky. I added Psymon and Marty as well. :yes

I will be redesigning the submissions screen to fit with the scoreboard index a little better as well.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:23 am  Post subject:   
Not that it's a huge deal, but I added a Imageshack.us upload bar to the scoreboard submission screen - now there's an instant (and totally safe) way to upload a screenshot and put the URL into the scoreboard form. :D :cheers

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:30 pm  Post subject:   
XBL: Paystationiat_512
PSN: Ablata_ab_albA
lol, now It's much easyer for me to update my scores!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:42 am  Post subject: Re: Official Merqurycity.com Scoreboard Thread  
i got a few scores with proof now

Blockky and Party Blockko

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:09 am  Post subject: Re: Official Merqurycity.com Scoreboard Thread  
Scores approved. :china

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:05 am  Post subject: Re: Official Merqurycity.com Scoreboard Thread  
Hey gondee, I submit my scores a few days ago, so please check them early. Bye. :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:10 pm  Post subject: Re: Official Merqurycity.com Scoreboard Thread  
I challenge TMPX clean run highscore of 3.75m that belongs to the hot legend! Video proof will be posted either tomorrow or this weekend! I will do this because I want to see what the max score is for a clean run (without using the fan glitch) and to put a standard + prove things with a video instead of just a screenshot.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:15 pm  Post subject: Re: Official Merqurycity.com Scoreboard Thread  
elgen wrote:
I challenge TMPX clean run highscore of 3.75m that belongs to the hot legend! Video proof will be posted either tomorrow or this weekend! I will do this because I want to see what the max score is for a clean run (without using the fan glitch) and to put a standard + prove things with a video instead of just a screenshot.

You can't challenge whether a run is clean or not dude - you can only challenge scores on the scoreboard and we don't keep track of clean records on the scoreboard. If you want THL to provide a video of his clean run that's up to him.

Also, you have to have a score on the track in order to challenge a scoreboard score, and you should explain why you are challenging the score when you post the challenge.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:35 pm  Post subject: Re: Official Merqurycity.com Scoreboard Thread  
Overall Best Players: #1SSX Tricky: Overall: #1Overall Best Players: Racing: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 9
  • Overall Best Players: #1
  • SSX Tricky: Overall: #1
  • Overall Best Players: Racing: #1
  • SSX On Tour: Racing: #2
  • SSX On Tour: Overall: #2
  • SSX (2012): Overall: #2
  • SSX Tricky: Showoff: #3
  • SSX On Tour: Showoff: #3
  • Overall Best Players: Showoff: #3
XBL: SaneThe Legend
:??? ok i already have a video for my 3.745 million it's been there 4 months now or so ok it's in the player ratings topic maybe Elgen doesn't understand what the challenge system is?

The fun challenges has nothing to do with the main scoreboard. For more info. go to the player ratings topic's last reply i explain what my scoreboard is about i hope i made it clear :|

Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 2 [ 36 posts ]  1, 2