Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:32 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:31 pm  Post subject: Rumor: Finally a way to get our HD Tricky?  
PSN: martymcflyy85
http://gematsu.com/2014/01/rumor-psone-ps2-emulation-headed-ps4

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-ps1-ps2-games-heading-to-ps4

If I'm reading this RUMOR correctly, this would mean you could put your ps2 disc into a PS4 and play the game with HD visual enhancements???
MANNNNN, please let this one be true!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:09 am  Post subject: Re: Rumor: Finally a way to get our HD Tricky?  
PSN: CurryBrace
It would be awesome, but it seems incredibly unlikely.
If it is true, awesome! I could play Dark Cloud 2 again! But more likely than not, it will just be for downloadable titles, so only games available on the PSN store will get the HD upgrade, and you'll have to buy the game again if you bought it previously on the PS1, 2, or 3.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:22 am  Post subject: Re: Rumor: Finally a way to get our HD Tricky?  
XBL: Joshie2499
PSN: Joshie2499
I'm guessing this is untrue. Playstation will probably do the same of what they did with the PS3, remove backwards capability. They mainly do this so that the PS2 can still live up to a surviving riegn until months ago when it was discontinued so there's a good advantage and also a bad. Maybe they're right about whats happening but really its a rumor, we need more time to wait if there's an actual emulator and it should come to PS3 too. :D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:34 am  Post subject: Re: Rumor: Finally a way to get our HD Tricky?  
PSN: MistressWiggle
I don't want my PS2 to die. It's the only thing I can play FF12 on and it's pink.

I would still love a HD Tricky but I just can't see (or more likely don't understand) how it's possible for the system it'self to visually enhance the game.

Not a computer programmer though :shrug

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:31 pm  Post subject: Re: Rumor: Finally a way to get our HD Tricky?  
Judging by this:
Quote:
Running code locally provides a superior experience in terms of both input latency and image quality, and owing to the bandwidth requirements of continuous gameplay streaming, a single download could actually work out better economically for the platform holder.

I think Eurogamer's more referring to the same situation currently on the PS3: digital support for whatever they put on the store. It's a pretty vague article, though. Disc support means SSX support though, so I'm really hoping for it against better judgement.

NA wrote:
I don't want my PS2 to die. It's the only thing I can play FF12 on and it's pink.

I would still love a HD Tricky but I just can't see (or more likely don't understand) how it's possible for the system it'self to visually enhance the game.

Not a computer programmer though :shrug

If PCSX2 can do resolution scaling, I'm sure Sony can as well. For reference, look at all of these SSX screenshots and weep. :cry

One thing you'll notice though is that some of the textures, mainly the interface and backgrounds, look terrible. I think the SSX games could definitely benefit from more work than an emulator alone can do, especially the original. Although I've seen a texture pack for SA2B running in Dolphin, so maaaybe it's possible to further upgrade disc-based games through DLC?

Also, I am envying your pink PS2 so much right now. :P

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:38 pm  Post subject: Re: Rumor: Finally a way to get our HD Tricky?  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
NA wrote:

That put a smile on my face. :heh

It'd sure be nice if this works out, especially if they can figure out some way to patch trophies/cheevos in with them.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:54 pm  Post subject: Re: Rumor: Finally a way to get our HD Tricky?  
PSN: MistressWiggle
gondee wrote:
NA wrote:

That put a smile on my face. :heh

Serious business.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]