Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:21 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:49 am  Post subject: What kind of SSX game would YOU create?  
XBL: GNineify
Let's now say that you're the director of a new SSX game. What kind of game would you create? What would the characters, tracks, gameplay, music and overall design look like?

- For me, it would be a mixture of Tricky, 3 and 2012. The tracks would have the contest-like feeling, with the audience, fireworks, colorful lights and of course the "out of bounds" places, very Tricky-like.
- I'd like to see a character customization similar to SSX 3. Tons of clothes, items and hairstyles! Also, DJ Atomika.
- The gameplay of 2012 is very fun and has only a bit of flaws in my opinion, so I'd put the same kind of gameplay in this game too.

I'll think about the characters and other stuff later. For now I'd like to hear other peoples' thoughts.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:33 am  Post subject: Re: What kind of SSX game would YOU create?  
PSN: EpicDamo
Being director of an SSX would be hard.

There's so much nostalgia about Tricky and 3 that there's a strong pressure to go heavily in that direction. However if you do the likelihood is that there will be a lot of comparisons made and if you don't 'measure up' (read 'surpass to such a degree that it is undeniable to even the most hard-set fanboy') then it will be slated as 'not as good as "real" SSX'. So it's hard to win that way. If, however, you decide to try something new then you better make that pitch-perfect or you'll get the criticism of it not being a 'real SSX game'.

So it's not a roll I'd envy having at all.

Personally I have huge respect for Todd Batty and his team. He took on an exceptionally hard job and did it exceptionally well. Very well done Todd! :thumbsup :thumbsup

That said, I think SSX (2012) may be my favourite SSX. If I had to make an SSX I would do 2012:
- With some Tricky style tracks.
- With head-to-head competition as a more obvious feature. It's there, but you don't see your competitors as often. Bringing back punching/an different offensive move could help develop competition.
- Have death pits far less (I'm starting to feel that the things I am saying are quite cliché, but that may be because they have a point).
- City tracks.
- Allegra, Skye and Seeiah.
- Finished Symphony in the soundtrack.
- A feature where you can copy and paste 2 or 3 runs onto each other to make your own 'all peak' run. For example, have One Step Ahead lead into Wrecking Crew, then into Serenity, then into The Big Show and then Dreadnought. Or have all the deadly descents leading into each other, finishing in Death Zone, as one enormous death track where you have one of each piece of equipment.

These are just some ideas, there's probably a reason why I'm not a game designer :rolleyes :lol

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:27 pm  Post subject: Re: What kind of SSX game would YOU create?  
PSN: Emu90
I think SSX 2012 was more backcountry-like. For the next SSX I would like it to be more event-like like in SSX Tricky and SSX 3.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:56 pm  Post subject: Re: What kind of SSX game would YOU create?  
XBL: MdX MaxX
Oh boy, here we go.
Only read if you intend to READ: | Click to reveal hidden content
Gameplay Mechanics:
-SSX 2012 easily has the best physics engine of the series. I would change red rails such that the grind button would toggle the magnetism. That's about it.

-Flow would be less harsh. I hate it when my flow continues to drop 30 seconds after I right myself.

-Rewinds would remain. The animation would be at -2x or -3x speed, though, so players could correct themselves much more swiftly.

Environments:
-Dynamic elements would be a MUST. Trees would bend, sway, and fall based on environmental factors and player interaction. Rock would create pebbles and chunks based on player interaction. Wind in some locations would cause very noticeable trajectory shifts. Ice would chip and crack based on applied forces. Lightning would strike down trees, melt snow, and start fires. Precipitation would have visual and physical effects on the terrain and on the player (snow would deposit fresh powder, hail would batter the snow and the player, etc). The sun position would vary based on time of day and affect the positions of shadows. None of these would be scripted either; physical events would all be real-time, and things like lightning strikes and wind direction would vary at random.
Imagine adjusting real-time to lightning and falling trees in the Rockies, not knowing which tree is going to fall next. Imagine having to adjust your jumps in New Zealand based on whether the wind direction is toward you or away from you. Imagine evaluating a best line through Antarctica for 12:00pm and one for 6:00pm. All these dynamic elements would bring the mountains to life in such a massive way. They'd also make the Deadly Descents a true challenge. I'm giddy just thinking about it. :P
Oh, and avalanches would be harder. MUCH harder.

-I love the natural feel of the terrain. I'd probably commercialize much of the event peaks for that "spectated event" feel, but the mountain design wouldn't feel so man-made as it does in older games. The backcountry and DD peaks would retain that remote feel, but maybe there'd be a higher concentration of event-style drops.

Characters:
-Characters would talk A LOT more. They'd trask-talk each other, yell out when getting big air, and curse themselves when wiping out. They talked your ears off in Tricky, and I loved that.

-A one line description of each character on the selection screen in NOT ENOUGH. I'd bring back the bios, the relationships, the interviews, the whole 9 yards.

-Cutscenes in World Tour with character interactions and shenanigans would be a must.

-Unique outfits. One outfit with a few dozen recolors does not count as variety.

-3D models on the character select screen for sure. More on that later.

Gear:
-Traversing Blackbox in under a minute is surely epic, but all things considered, the wingsuit is very OP. I'd make it work basically the same way, except there'd be much less lift, and when the bar runs out, you'd simply retract the wings automatically.
-Pulse Goggles would be much stronger.
-Rather than having a limited set of random items to choose from, I'd implement a more traditional store model, where all items available to a character of a certain level are visible, and the items available for purchase are dependent on the character's total XP. Some form of "limited time" offers would still exist, though, such as discounts or periodically appearing items.
-3D models would showcase the gear items in all their glory upon purchase and selection.

Interface:
-Menus would be much more dramatic. They would carry the same "go big" atmosphere that Tricky's menus carried. A massive game such as this deserves menus that emphasize its massiveness. 3D elements, elaborate transitions, an announcer, and an all-out character select screen with 3D models, selection animations, and whatever else goes into an epic set of menu screens. I'd keep the globe idea for track select.
-Put information at the user's fingertips. Make the home screen sort of a news feed with detailed updates about everything going in in the game. Allow the user to quickly sort and search through tracks, events, characters, and rivals with a few button clicks. A good, versatile interface is another way to make the game feel much more alive.

Social:
This is the big one. In a time when Internet is omnipresent, robust social interaction is an absolute necessity.
-I would implement physical rider lodges at each mountain range in which riders would gather and communicate in masses. Their customized characters would become personal avatars. In these lodges, people would check leaderboards among friends, among their region, and among the enitre world. Here they'd sign up for head-to-head competitions and tournaments in which they'd be matched with random opponents of similar XP and skill level. And while waiting for those live competitions to start, players would participate in Global Events as implemented in the current game. Credits would come from Global Events, but the real money would be made in the head-to-head competitions, where it's less about setting a time or score and more about beating opponents, real-time.
-In the real-time competition, there'd be up to 16 people racing down a given course, with full physical interaction included.
-There'd be Single Event head-to-head competitions, and there'd also be tournament brackets, where hundreds of people could enter and compete against different sets of opponents as they progress through the ranks. There'd also be friend competitions where you and your friends could set up a head-to-head event on any drop and have it begin at any time.
-Free ride would be an option, and you'd see other riders exploring the mountain with you. Here, you'd also engage in short little challenges, which would be either solo or involving the players around you.
-All in all, the online lodges would be a thriving, active community of players that could interact with each other on multiple different levels. The amount of things to do would be insane.

Misc:
-Tracks would be organized by difficulty levels on a scale of 1-7. The likes of JT2 and Old School would be 1s, 3s would be the more difficult event drops, 4s-5s would be mid-level to difficult backcountry drops, 6s would be One Step Ahead/Sentinel level, and 7s would be the crazy tracks where survival must definitely be earned. Taking it further, a flashing 7 would be something so treacherous that you'd basically need a FAQ/giude to learn how to navigate it.
-Gaining XP and leveling up would be much less of a grind.
-Geotags wouldn't screw with all sense of depth perception like they do now. I don't want to be able to see a geotag that's halfway across the map.
-Allow mixing of custom soundtrack and stock SSX soundtrack.

tl;dr version - Dynamic environments, physical character interaction, epic menus, and a huge online lodge community system that would be the hub for explore, global events, head-to-head competitions, tournaments, and free ride challenges.

I hope the EA Insiders actually read this forum. :heh

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:40 pm  Post subject: Re: What kind of SSX game would YOU create?  
PSN: EpicDamo
Quote:
I hope the EA Insiders actually read this forum. :heh

Agreed. :yes :yes :yes

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:12 am  Post subject: Re: What kind of SSX game would YOU create?  
It would be a game very similar to the current one.
I would have slightly different tracks: less frustrating (i would have less crevasses).
It would have much more character interaction and much bigger and deeper single player.

Global Events and Explore are fantastic features. So i would not change much.

In Global Events i would work with some sort of ladder system. That you compete with people who have the same strength. Everybody participates in the same event but there should be several rankings.
I'll try to explain (i'm not a native speaker).
Let's say that 1000 people participate on the same GE. Now you have a ranking form 1 to 1000 to determine which medal you earn (i think).
The difference between the best and the worst is huge.
The game could divide those 1000 competitors in (for example) groups of 200 and in each group you would have the different medals (with less credits earned within each group: the best in group one gets the same medal as the best in group 5, but earns more credits-money).
The aim of this all would have to be that there would be more competition. That in eachup of 200 riders (200 is only an example, the game could make groups based on the times or points) the difference between the first and the last would be mich less than now.

I would get rid of the survive events or or do a gigantic rethinking about them (i'm not sure how).

Oh anf i would like longer tracks and more mountain ranges.

But let's be honest: SSX is for 90 % perfect. Some tracks are too difficult for me, but i realize that there are lots of much better players, the game must be a challenge for them too...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:51 am  Post subject: Re: What kind of SSX game would YOU create?  
PSN: Classic_Beauty21
Combination of Tricky and 3. Get the experiences/features that made each individual game so special/memorial and pair them up into one.

Oh, and Mac and Kaori would already be dating in my creation by the time the sixth game comes out. :wink

Yes I have a masters degree on ssxology, doc.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:05 pm  Post subject: Re: What kind of SSX game would YOU create?  
XBL: surfswifty
Something like ssx 3 basically. One specific mountain like big mountain, the ssx 3 character customization, it's characters music etc etc. Oh and character interaction a la ssx tricky. :p not a big fan of tracks across the globe for whatever reason

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:39 am  Post subject: Re: What kind of SSX game would YOU create?  
XBL: KKBox
LOCATIONS:
--I'd go with a return to The Tour, or the World Circuit, or whatever you want to call it.
--Mountains like SSX 3, but they are spread all across the world like SSX Tricky. So you'd have a mountain range like Merqury City, and another like Aloha Ice Jam, etc.
--Backcountry rival challenges on each mountain that resemble deadly descents, with conditions like Ice, Darkness, Gravity, Rock, etc. (but NOT Thin Air)

CHARACTERS:
--Elise, Mac, Kaori, Zoe, Psymon, Moby, Eddie, and Allegra would return for sure.
--I'd put up a poll on Merqury City to deteremine who the last two returning characters would be.
--I'd add two new characters fulfilling new stereotypes, like gay guy, or ghetto black chick, or whatever sounds interesting.
--The characters would be very stylish and customizable and like their old selves.
--I'd try to get the old voice actors back, especially Bif Naked, Ryan Wall, David Arquette, and Alaina Burnett.

MUSIC:
--You guys would help me out with this department. Lots of cool music on your custom playlists!

UBER TRICKS:
--Exactly like they were done in SSX 3. You could hold them, but you still had to finish them before you landed them. And totally customizable. And no tweaking. In the new game, the tricks don't look as good when you tweak them.

PHYSICS:
--Slow it down to something in between SSX 3 and SSX 2012.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:43 pm  Post subject: Re: What kind of SSX game would YOU create?  
PSN: Crazy_driveR3
Just give me an Open-World Mountain and i will be fine.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:00 pm  Post subject: Re: What kind of SSX game would YOU create?  
I'd make SSX 2012, then allow players to upload user created maps, tricks, boards, characters, maybe even game modes from their PC to an online, interactive archive and download them to their console.

I know how much I'd love making a game, so I'd let other people do it too.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:58 pm  Post subject: Re: What kind of SSX game would YOU create?  
SSX3 is my favourite but I don't think i would change 2012 much. Maybe have more online stuff, a choice to race with people at once.. better leaderboards and ease of finding events with friends or with specific settings.. and bring back the punching button :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:22 am  Post subject: Re: What kind of SSX game would YOU create?  
XBL: Joshie2499
PSN: Joshie2499
I would create a really creative snowboarding game with these points:

- Create a Park
- Create a Boarder
- Create a Trick
- Create a Board (Like from EA's skate graphic editor
- Choose a Story Mode (Like the game should have different story's for different characters)
- A Shop (Like SSX 3's Lodge but you have the selection to buy power-ups and secret character's like All the SSX Tricky character's and etc.)
- Board, Ski's, Sled and Snowmobile's (Like Sled Storm for the snowmobiles and the sleds from Amped 3)

I can't think of anything else to add on here but this could probably make a good SSX game. :D

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:50 am  Post subject: Re: What kind of SSX game would YOU create?  
this post was retarded
sorry :)

Last edited by KaorisFutureBF on Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:33 am  Post subject: Re: What kind of SSX game would YOU create?  
XBL: Joshie2499
PSN: Joshie2499
SpoofFilmsinc wrote:

- Create a Park
- Create a Boarder
- Create a Trick
- Choose a Story Mode (Like the game should have different story's for different characters)
- A Shop (Like SSX 3's Lodge but you have the selection to buy power-ups and secret character's like All the SSX Tricky character's and etc.)
- Board, Ski's, Sled and Snowmobile's (Like Sled Storm for the snowmobiles and the sleds from Amped 3)

I can't think of anything else to add on here but this could probably make a good SSX game. :D

For a person like me with autism, i think this is really imaginative and creative. :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:04 am  Post subject: Re: What kind of SSX game would YOU create?  
Ssx 3 but with Several mountains and the entire character cast before they got gay. And a rank system that goes to 100. Gear would be upgradable to match the players level and look cool. No wing suits and crap like that. And a real time PVP races and lobbies.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:31 pm  Post subject: Re: What kind of SSX game would YOU create?  
PSN: martymcflyy85
at this point, I'd like to see something that is highly customizable. That way each person can make the SSX game THEY want.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:37 pm  Post subject: Re: What kind of SSX game would YOU create?  
SpoofFilmsinc wrote:

- Create a Park
- Create a Boarder
- Create a Trick

so, basically tony hawk's underground with snowboards.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:18 am  Post subject: Re: What kind of SSX game would YOU create?  
PSN: jonipooon
KaorisFutureBF wrote:
Quote:
like gay guy

Brodi.
Quote:
or ghetto black chick

Seeiah.

Brodi is not gay, at least not officially. He's just a very spiritual character who loves stuff like chakra and meditation. You've probably read too many crappy fanfics made by fans who think that he's gay because it's popular to write about man-to-man-love on the internet and uses mainstream stereotypes to fit their stories.

I never viewed Seeiah as coming from the ghetto, that's just another stereotype. Her profile actually indicates that she has east coast urban roots, preferably in the Soho district of NYC which is faaaaar from ghetto-like.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:52 pm  Post subject: Re: What kind of SSX game would YOU create?  
Jonipoon wrote:
KaorisFutureBF wrote:
Quote:
like gay guy

Brodi.
Quote:
or ghetto black chick

Seeiah.

Brodi is not gay, at least not officially. He's just a very spiritual character who loves stuff like chakra and meditation. You've probably read too many crappy fanfics made by fans who think that he's gay because it's popular to write about man-to-man-love on the internet and uses mainstream stereotypes to fit their stories.

I never viewed Seeiah as coming from the ghetto, that's just another stereotype. Her profile actually indicates that she has east coast urban roots, preferably in the Soho district of NYC which is faaaaar from ghetto-like.

please ignore that post please
it was stupid

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:51 pm  Post subject: Re: What kind of SSX game would YOU create?  
XBL: PeacefulJarl379
SSX Big Mountain

Gameplay

After a few years of inactivity, Mt. Big took some changes, adding a new peak all together. This game would have tracks from SSX, Tricky, 3, OT, and 2012 in Mt. Big. Plus, there will be a special track for Merq City that is free!

Characters

All SSX 3 stars except viggo (he would cost 1 USD as dlc for those who want him), the site creators (gondee, FBX ect), masters (jack from tricky, ect), and DJ Atomica.

It is basically SSX HD, parody of THPS HD, but better.

It will play like 3.

Tracks:

Trickypedia, Compilation, Merqury City dot Com Special, Snow Jam, Tokyo Megaplex as DLC, Launch Time, Ultimate Superpipe (pipe that has a big jump in the middle, and a double pipe it will be.) More to come!

-PeacefulJarl379

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 21 posts ]