Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:18 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Favourite SSX Game?
SSX 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
SSX Tricky 22%  22%  [ 19 ]
SSX 3 42%  42%  [ 37 ]
SSX On Tour 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
SSX Blur 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
SSX (2012) 34%  34%  [ 30 ]
Total votes : 88
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:10 am  Post subject: Favourite SSX Game?  
XBL: bubles484
what is your favourite ssx game? i dont know if this has been done before sorry :heh

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:45 am  Post subject: Re: Favourite SSX Game?  
XBL: Evenger Ostro
PSN: Evenge_Ostro
I bet it has been done :P wrong forum btw :P

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:51 am  Post subject: Re: Favourite SSX Game?  
PSN: rzrfvr
I don't mind another poll now that we've been playing SSX 2012 a while.

SSX 3 for me still though. SSX 2012 took some great steps towards the same kind of greatness but fell short due to several things that can be implemented in a sequel. Here's to hoping we'll get an even better game next time :yes

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:59 am  Post subject: Re: Favourite SSX Game?  
SSX 2012 easily. Loved SSX3, but that game feels stiff and constricted after experiencing the physics/tracks/speed/variety/graphics of the new game. Throw in the ability to play and mix your own music in real time with 2012 and its not even close IMO. SSX3 was better for dress up and I miss the 30 minute run, but other than that, 2012 takes the cake.

Last edited by Todd Smith on Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:19 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:04 am  Post subject: Re: Favourite SSX Game?  
PSN: KBABZ
SSX 3 for me. While it shares DD's diverse trick range (including holding Ubers, Ubergrinds and so on), it has a much friendlier and approachable sense of style and character. Radio Big helps make the mountain come alive, and the graphics are also more appealing to me.

It gets pushed up over Tricky due to the fluid controls and graphics, but Tricky/SSX still have the best board trails in the air.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:11 am  Post subject: Re: Favourite SSX Game?  
PSN: jonipooon
Tricky and 3.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:59 am  Post subject: Re: Favourite SSX Game?  
p0rn Star
PSN: YoshiExcel
I really hope with the recent popularity of SSX 2012, that we will get treated to an HD remake of SSX Tricky on like the XBLA or PSN. I think Tricky was the best SSX followed by SSX 3. heres to hoping....

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:01 am  Post subject: Re: Favourite SSX Game?  
PSN: KBABZ
YoshiExcel wrote:
I really hope with the recent popularity of SSX 2012, that we will get treated to an HD remake of SSX Tricky on like the XBLA or PSN. I think Tricky was the best SSX followed by SSX 3. heres to hoping....

Given that SSX was a launch title for the PS2, I think it'd be awesome to get the first three as part of an HD Collection that's become so popular lately.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:36 am  Post subject: Re: Favourite SSX Game?  
SSX 2012 has between 50 and 60 tracks
SSX Tricky has 10 tracks
SSX3 has 8 racing tracks + a few trick it tracks

I think (for me) it's easy to decide which one is the better **SSX 2012** but I can understand those who like better the over the top tracks of the 2 others

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:39 am  Post subject: Re: Favourite SSX Game?  
p0rn Star
PSN: YoshiExcel
Flamant wrote:
SSX Tricky has 10 tracks

I think (for me) it's easy to decide which one is the better **SSX 2012** but I can understand those who like better the over the top tracks of the 2 others

So you like SSX 2012 because of the number of tracks, not the actual quality of the tracks? :|

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:47 am  Post subject: Re: Favourite SSX Game?  
XBL: mahkraFUD
Flamant didn't say anything about the quality of the tracks...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:49 am  Post subject: Re: Favourite SSX Game?  
YoshiExcel wrote:
Flamant wrote:
SSX Tricky has 10 tracks

So you like SSX 2012 because of the number of tracks, not the actual quality of the tracks? :|

Well I was only saying one of the factors that I like the new SSX. :thumbsup
There are plenty others too. And I find the quality of most of the tracks pretty good too but this opinion may change between players of course

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:02 am  Post subject: Re: Favourite SSX Game?  
Flamant wrote:

The total number of tracks is 17 for SSX 3 if you count them excluding the peak races.

If SSX 2012 would have something like 20 or so tracks that were in the style of Serenity (and some other drops) I would be much happier with the course design. Like everyone is saying, there are too many courses with obstacles and pits. In some drops the course design is really on par or better than SSX 3 but in some drops it is just pure awful.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:13 am  Post subject: Re: Favourite SSX Game?  
Razorfever wrote:
Flamant wrote:

The total number of tracks is 17 for SSX 3 if you count them excluding the peak races.

If SSX 2012 would have something like 20 or so tracks that were in the style of Serenity (and some other drops) I would be much happier with the course design. Like everyone is saying, there are too many courses with obstacles and pits. In some drops the course design is really on par or better than SSX 3 but in some drops it is just pure awful.

There are about 20 tracks in the Serenity realm which are listed on page 2 of the master info thread. Serenity is the longest of them, but the others are in the same realm quality wise with no worry or very little of death. You could consider just this group of tracks alone a game in and of itself.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:59 am  Post subject: Re: Favourite SSX Game?  
Will always be Tricky :) So much nostalgia, didnt play SSX3 untill around 2005-ish

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:16 pm  Post subject: Re: Favourite SSX Game?  
Todd Smith wrote:
Razorfever wrote:
There are about 20 tracks in the Serenity realm which are listed on page 2 of the master info thread. Serenity is the longest of them, but the others are in the same realm quality wise with no worry or very little of death. You could consider just this group of tracks alone a game in and of itself.

Thanks! I totally forgot about that list. Which reminds me that I would like a list of favorite drops in the game somehow. It could be the same as the Ridernet favorite but I want a list of just the drops I have selected and I want to be able to visit that menu and go to the drops at any time. And I want to be able to add drops to that list without playing the drop.

To be fair though, the list in the master info thread lists just 9 courses as hazard free and they are in only 6 of the ranges leaving 3 ranges with no drops without hazards. That speaks for itself.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:22 pm  Post subject: Re: Favourite SSX Game?  
XBL: MdX MaxX
It really depends on what I'm going for.

For thrills, SSX all the way. Everything about the game feels turbo-fast, insane, and over the top. I actually like the slight tension that arises from having hazards all over the place. Plus, RiderNet keeps me coming back for more.

I'd say SSX Tricky is the closest to new SSX in terms of thrills. Before recently it was definitely my favorite. It doesn't have that sense of speed, but the really arcadey, colorful, over-the-top feel is really invigorating and brings back awesome memories.

For just a chill-out, absorb-the-mountain sort of feel, SSX3 works really well. That's the game I go to when I want to kick back and relax.

So overall, SSX > SSX Tricky > SSX 3 > the others.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:11 pm  Post subject: Re: Favourite SSX Game?  
Razorfever wrote:
Todd Smith wrote:
Razorfever wrote:

Thanks! I totally forgot about that list. Which reminds me that I would like a list of favorite drops in the game somehow. It could be the same as the Ridernet favorite but I want a list of just the drops I have selected and I want to be able to visit that menu and go to the drops at any time. And I want to be able to add drops to that list without playing the drop.

To be fair though, the list in the master info thread lists just 9 courses as hazard free and they are in only 6 of the ranges leaving 3 ranges with no drops without hazards. That speaks for itself.

Right, BUT the other 9 courses have very little hazard factor and what there is can be easily avoided with just a few times playing those particular tracks. Hell, both Tricky and SSX3 even had these spots that you had to learn to avoid and these other 9 tracks are no worse than what you had to learn to deal with in those other games IMO.

There are also a few others besides those 18 that I personally feel belong on the list such as cork screw in Africa. This run is insanely fun for both race and trick and there are VERY few pits to worry about.

I agree with you on wishing we could see the list of drops we have chosen as our favorites and could then go right to those. Maybe in an update they will give us this? It would be great if they did.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:34 pm  Post subject: Re: Favourite SSX Game?  
PSN: DreadRandal
I will place these in the order of time spent playing them. Over time, DD will come to surpass one or more of these as I play it more, but as it is, I've only had the game since three days after it came out and it's only been out 2 weeks as of this writing. However, SSX is my favorite game series and the only reason I bought a PS2 or just recently, PS3. Yes, this was my "system seller" for both. (I got Uncharted 2 when I picked up the PS3, but it's been collecting dust for about 2 weeks now.)

SSX 3
SSX
SSX Tricky
SSX On Tour
SSX (Deadly Descents)
SSX Blur

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:59 pm  Post subject: Re: Favourite SSX Game?  
XBL: WilliamK
Either SSX 3 or SSX 2012. Still have to wait and see the DLC available soon...
Although forgetting about DLC, then SSX 3 > 2012 any day.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:11 pm  Post subject: Re: Favourite SSX Game?  
XBL: Bildi
MdX MaxX wrote:
It really depends on what I'm going for.

For thrills, SSX all the way. Everything about the game feels turbo-fast, insane, and over the top. I actually like the slight tension that arises from having hazards all over the place. Plus, RiderNet keeps me coming back for more.

I'd say SSX Tricky is the closest to new SSX in terms of thrills. Before recently it was definitely my favorite. It doesn't have that sense of speed, but the really arcadey, colorful, over-the-top feel is really invigorating and brings back awesome memories.

For just a chill-out, absorb-the-mountain sort of feel, SSX3 works really well. That's the game I go to when I want to kick back and relax.

So overall, SSX > SSX Tricky > SSX 3 > the others.

Pretty much this for me as well, but I like SSX3 a little more than Tricky.

SSX (2012) > SSX3 > SSX Tricky > SSX > Blur > OT

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:10 am  Post subject: Re: Favourite SSX Game?  
XBL: joejakt
SSX Tricky > SSX3 > SSX (2012) > SSX > Blur > OT
I just have to go with the stuff I played as a kid, too good of memories

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 22 posts ]