Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:41 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:46 am  Post subject: How did you get into SSX?  
XBL: Evenger Ostro
PSN: Evenge_Ostro
With all the "what's your favourite" and "which SSX games are great" topics and discussions coming up, I'd like to add this one.
If it's already posted somewhere on the forums, feel free to lock this or merge it. I didn't find anything using the search and all.

How did you get into SSX?
Name the game you first played and how did you play it? E.g. just for fun, multiplayer, going for high ranks, demo, etc.

A friend of mine had a PS2 disc that contained the original SSX demo in which you could race (or trick) for 2 minutes. We played the hell out of the demo, beating each other's distance within the time limit.
When it was released he bought it and we kept playing and playing, keeping the rivalry alive on each track.
That's how I got into it and went SSX -> SSX 3 -> 2012/DD without ever (ever!) touching any of the others which is quite funny because, from what I've read about other user's opinions, these games are quite similar, so Tricky, OT and Blur being "different".

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:15 am  Post subject: Re: How did you get into SSX?  
Location: Biezenmortel (yeah, try to find that one on Google Maps...)
I first played the Demo of the original SSX, then some weeks later got the actual game. The came Tricky, OT, 3, Blur. Haven't got the new one yet, since I don't own a PS3 or an Xbox...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:19 am  Post subject: Re: How did you get into SSX?  
I was searching for different kind of games and SSX was blasting the rating rankings. Perfect!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:32 am  Post subject: Re: How did you get into SSX?  
Attack Duck Owner
PSN: VixDiesel
Rented Tricky during senior week in college and then bought it a few weeks later. Loved it and eventually went back to get the first one and then eagerly waited for SSX 3 to come out a year later.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:47 am  Post subject: Re: How did you get into SSX?  
PSN: JuicySteveX
SSX Tricky was literally the very first PS2 game i played many, many years ago. I didn't have a PS2 at that time and I was over at my cousin's house and saw she had SSX Tricky and SSX 1. I found myself being addicted to it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:42 pm  Post subject: Re: How did you get into SSX?  
PSN: Knife2Face
I started by playing Tricky at a friends house when I was like 5, then after that proceeded to buy my own copy of Tricky, 3, OT, and now 2012 years after ._.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:07 am  Post subject: Re: How did you get into SSX?  
XBL: VaNiilaa
Started playing the demo for the new game, loved it and really got into it :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:50 pm  Post subject: Re: How did you get into SSX?  
XBL: Th3 Apache Dog
My dad had pre ordered the PS2 and said he was getting SSX with it. I was 9 at the time and was pretty upset thinking I wouldn't like it. However I played it and fell in love. Just played for fun then realized you can pre wind about a week into the game and got pretty good (between my friends and I) and the rest is history. Got the next 3 games day one and played Tricky-3 for hours upon hours. Love this series. :D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:57 am  Post subject: Re: How did you get into SSX?  
PSN: jonipooon
I played Tricky at my friend’s house in 2001 and instantly fell in love with the tracks, characters, music – and Kaori. However, I didn’t buy my own PS2 until 2004, and my first game was SSX3. After that, it took me about a month or two before I found this site. :P

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:51 am  Post subject: Re: How did you get into SSX?  
PSN: ZackRockSteady
My friends came over a few years back and brought SSX Tricky along. Thought it was pretty cool, wasn't very interested though. Then, at the start of the year I was talking to my friend who was on a snowboarding trip in Japan, and he told me about the new SSX. I got on it, and found religion.

Credit to SnakeEyes Friex for the rockin' signature.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:08 am  Post subject: Re: How did you get into SSX?  
When I was about 10 I was forced to go to a daycare home for the summer because there was no one at home to watch me all day. There were only two things to do there, watch TV, or play PS2. I wasn't a gamer at the time but I decided to play PS2 out of boredom. There was only one game to choose from, SSX Tricky. I've been hooked ever since.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ]