Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:59 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:07 am  Post subject: Note: Are sales for the SSX games being kept a secret?  
PSN: jonipooon
I dont know if its true or not, but I just noticed a small thing in the SSX On Tour article on Wikipedia which says:

Sales for the game have been kept a secret, just like the previous installments, but the PSP version sold about 200,000 units.

I've always wondered why SSX isn't included in the list for "Top 50 Best Selling Video Game Series", so this might explain alot. The question is though, why the hell would they keep the sales a secret?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:40 am  Post subject: Re: Note: Are sales for the SSX games being kept a secret?  
XBL: Evenger Ostro
PSN: Evenge_Ostro
I have never read anything about that. But to check sales you could go to http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=ssx
Those are not real numbers but pretty close because of retailer data and approximation. This is actual sales and not number of copies shipped by the publisher.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:54 am  Post subject: Re: Note: Are sales for the SSX games being kept a secret?  
PSN: Kinomi_XD
it doesn't say how much it sold but SSX is currently 1st in UK

http://www.shoptonews.net/2012/03/05/latest-charts-we-march-4-ssx-arrives-at-peak/

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:35 am  Post subject: Re: Note: Are sales for the SSX games being kept a secret?  
PSN: SSX_Kromat83
We don't know the numbers yet, it hasn't been a week yet.
Give it more time, for them to post some stats of the game.

This doesn't need to be a multi-million seller to be successful.
I think the buzz about this game, will sell itself.

There will always be people that need traditional multiplayer,
but those aren't really die-hard fans, if they only rely on that.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:41 pm  Post subject: Re: Note: Are sales for the SSX games being kept a secret?  
gondee's FAQ writer
yah NPD results are tallied monthly, so its going to be around April 5th or so before the results are tabulated for March. I am unaware of sales for any of the previous entries being "kept secret". For instance:

-SSX Tricky had 988k sales prior to SSX3 coming out, soon after it crossed the million mark.

-SSX3 (In total, btwn xbox and ps2) sold more than a million in its first year.

As much attention as this title got when it launched (lets face it, no other major releases that week makes SSX the only big ticket news story), and with pretty good reviews, I think this game is definitely going to do well. I hope it does well. But its too early to start wondering about that, heck the game hasn't even launched yet in some territories. Wait a month, then when the NPD results come out we can all take a gander.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:33 pm  Post subject: Re: Note: Are sales for the SSX games being kept a secret?  
PSN: SSX_Kromat83
Regardless of how well it does, or not,
I'm enjoying it, so sales don't bother me.

I've played multiple games where they didn't
sell much, but I enjoyed them immensely,
and would support them in the future ( ex. Atlus ).

They still happen to develop/publish future titles
because there's a fan base for them, it's all
about their budget and marketing, and if
they get a surplus, then we benefit as consumers.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:05 pm  Post subject: Re: Note: Are sales for the SSX games being kept a secret?  
XBL: Evenger Ostro
PSN: Evenge_Ostro
http://www.vgchartz.com/article/250014/weekly-sales-analysis-3-march-2012-one-piece-pirate-musou-ssx/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+gamrfeed+%28gamrFeed%29

Three games debuted in the top 30 this week. One Piece Pirate Musou (PS3) has debuted at the top with sales of 664,000. The game launched in Japan, with no release date anywhere else.

SSX (PS3) debuted at number two with sales of 231,000. The Xbox 360 version debuted at number three with sales of 225,000. The game launched in North America and Europe, and releases in Japan on March 15.

Mario Party 9 (Wii) debuted at number 22 with sales of 45,000. The game launched in Europe and will release in North America on March 11 and April 26 in Japan.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]