Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:41 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:02 pm  Post subject: Re: Mega Info Thread - Please Read Before Posting  
Attack Duck Owner
PSN: VixDiesel
They're absolutely absurd looking but hilarious. I've seen three types of outfits related to this:

- Ones that have big hands only.
- Ones that have big heads only.
- Ones that offer big head and big hands.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:06 pm  Post subject: Re: Mega Info Thread - Please Read Before Posting  
I got a big head for Kaori yesterday, too bad it came with a suit I didn't like.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:33 pm  Post subject: Re: Mega Info Thread - Please Read Before Posting  
PSN: Donoftea
vix wrote:
They're absolutely absurd looking but hilarious.

Perfect, thanks!

Should I select the outfits in the gear menu and look for the attributes there (i.e. no other giveaways on the suit thumbnail in the menu)?

Big handed, big headed Mac is now top of my to-do list :cheers

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:29 pm  Post subject: Re: Mega Info Thread - Please Read Before Posting  
Attack Duck Owner
They're outfit perks. They don't show up until you get into the event. So yeah, search the outfits section looking for perks.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:17 pm  Post subject: Re: Mega Info Thread - Please Read Before Posting  
i love the big head and hands outfits, but what i really love is the glowing outfits. Vixi you posted that bad ass full glowing kaori outfit. what was the name of it and have you found any other completely glowing suits for anyone else? like mac or alex, or just kaori?

i have a glowing suit for mac but its just his backpack outlines that glows~

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:33 pm  Post subject: Re: Mega Info Thread - Please Read Before Posting  
Attack Duck Owner
It's called Kaori's Epic Glowing Suit #1 and I haven't seen it for anyone else yet. I've been trying to keep an eye out for others but nothing yet. Level doesn't affect it since when I got the suit, my Kaori was around 6 or so and i have level 10s that I haven't seen it yet for.

Pic:
Click to reveal hidden content: show

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:38 pm  Post subject: Re: Mega Info Thread - Please Read Before Posting  
thanx vixi~ :china

thats looks soooo awesome~ i want it NOW~ :yes :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:18 am  Post subject: Re: Mega Info Thread - Please Read Before Posting  
PSN: SSX_Kromat83
I made a playlist of the various tracks, that are included in this game :

47 / 66 (estimated) tracks, so far, and some have a
longer intro, because i couldn't find anything better to use :

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6E98EA3D27FF8078&feature=edit_ok

Only ones I'm missing :
Africa – Incoming
Alaska – The Dilemma
Alps – Sentinel
Antarctica – Headshot, Long Horn
Himalayas – Bear Claw, The Monster
New Zealand – Buckeye, Thunderbird
Patagonia – Blackbox, Majestic, Last Call, Vengeance
Rockies – Broken Tooth, The Dagger, Wrecking Crew
Siberia – Diamond Back, Critical Mass, Don’t Make Me

*** all 3 tracks of JAPAN are in the playlist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:22 pm  Post subject: Re: Mega Info Thread - Please Read Before Posting  
do i have this rite??

dont crash but just rewind and you'll keep your huge combo but take a small rewind penalty?

crash hard,like off your board, and then rewind and lose your huge combo and take a negative penalty to boot?

im trying to figure out why sometimes i lose my whole combo score after rewinding~

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:51 pm  Post subject: Re: Mega Info Thread - Please Read Before Posting  
XBL: mahkraFUD
Yes, that's correct. If you crash, you can't get your combo back. But if you rewind without crashing, you don't lose the combo. Either way, rewinding subtracts points from the combo score.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:43 am  Post subject: Re: Mega Info Thread - Please Read Before Posting  
If you bail, that's it. You're not getting that combo back. And rewinding after bailing just adds insult to injury. Might as well restart. Rewinding in trick events is really only useful for erasing duplicate trick penalties because even though you get a rewind penalty it's not as many points lost vs. doing a dupe trick.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:58 pm  Post subject: Re: Mega Info Thread - Please Read Before Posting  
PSN: Jamescorpio
Wow, it's been a very long time since I last posted on here... (got married, changed jobs bought a house and went through 5 cars in the meantime!)

Haven't had time to do anything more than complete the 9DDs, we're still catching up in Europe! So forgive me if this is old ground...

Does Explore have Platinum scores as it did in the past? If so, is there any info on the required scores and times?
Does tapping the left pad (PS3) increase rotation? (using classic controls)
Is there a limit on how many boards/outfits you can own? (do you have to sell to crate space for the better ones?)

SSX has a lot to live up to, and so far I'm hung as to whether it's better or worse than its predecessors... what about the endless character customisation? Where are the big free-run terrains? The huge runs of 3 were the real essence of the game's enjoyment to me... and why the hell are there no short courses/superpipes?! Rrr. However, the flow meter does seem to encourage more stylish tricking, scoring glitches were a bit of a curse... Please tell me there aren't any so far?!!! Rant over...

Actually no, why is SSXWT the only PS2 game released on the PS Store?!!!! WTF! What about Tricky? What about SSX3!

Anyone wants to ride, it'd be a pleasure... Jamescorpio

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:52 pm  Post subject: Re: Mega Info Thread - Please Read Before Posting  
Attack Duck Owner
Does Explore have Platinum scores as it did in the past? If so, is there any info on the required scores and times?
- There are no platinum scores in explore mode. Though you see all of your friends scores so I guess you could consider those the platinum times/scores. :lol

Does tapping the left pad (PS3) increase rotation? (using classic controls)
- There's a currently a bug with the classic controls that prevents it from spinning as fast as the standard controls do...so I'm not sure about the tapping. It would be worth looking into after it's patched.

-Is there a limit on how many boards/outfits you can own? (do you have to sell to crate space for the better ones?)
I don't think so though I haven't gotten any max inventory messages yet.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:24 pm  Post subject: Re: Mega Info Thread - Please Read Before Posting  
Good evening,

Could you confirm that it is possible to buy the same outfit several times? It is quite disturbing since there are so many to buy. Right now I'm still able to check on those I've got before buying a new one but how am I suppose to do that once I have more than a hundred of them? :frusty

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:30 pm  Post subject: Re: Mega Info Thread - Please Read Before Posting  
Attack Duck Owner
I've bought the original outfit that the character came with a few times on accident...so yeah, you can definitely buy an outfit more than once.

You may want to keep a list of the type of suit (epic, legendary, glowing, etc) and the number, especially if you want to buy them all.

I wish it wasn't so random and I wish you could sort them in number order.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:53 pm  Post subject: Re: Mega Info Thread - Please Read Before Posting  
whoozwah wrote:
Rewinding in trick events is really only useful for erasing duplicate trick penalties ...
and in case you jumped into the void!

vix wrote:
You may want to keep a list of the type of suit (epic, legendary, glowing, etc) and the number, especially if you want to buy them all.
imo the game should have an in-game checklist. shouldn't be too hard...

vix wrote:
I wish it wasn't so random and I wish you could sort them in number order.
:thumbsup

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:09 pm  Post subject: Re: Mega Info Thread - Please Read Before Posting  
XBL: Bildi
Could someone please advise on this?

Can you only buy lower level gear and boards when your character is a lower level? I like to make do with starting boards until I hit level 10. But last night I entered a GE which had max Level 4 gear and the shop was full of level 8 boards. Luckily I did have a Level 3 board to use.

Thanks in advance. :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:17 pm  Post subject: Re: Mega Info Thread - Please Read Before Posting  
on gear restricted lvl restricted GEs the shop SHOULD be populated with gear pertinent to the restrictions in place. At least that's how it's always been in my experience.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:28 pm  Post subject: Re: Mega Info Thread - Please Read Before Posting  
Thanks dude. Obviously I must have got confused.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:28 am  Post subject: Re: Mega Info Thread - Please Read Before Posting  
PSN: jonipooon
Bildi wrote:

It's easy to get confused in the new shop. I must say this is one of the biggest disappointments, since everything is so randomly generated and you can't get a "clear overview" for the gear, boards and outfits.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:30 pm  Post subject: Re: Mega Info Thread - Please Read Before Posting  
Jonipoon wrote:
Bildi wrote:

It's easy to get confused in the new shop. I must say this is one of the biggest disappointments, since everything is so randomly generated and you can't get a "clear overview" for the gear, boards and outfits.

I agree, I've only bought a few items so don't have much experience, but my overall feeling of the layout for the shop and gear system is "a bit claustrophobic".

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:51 am  Post subject: Re: Mega Info Thread - Please Read Before Posting  
PSN: DreadRandal
Info missing from the mega info thread:

The explanation for why Allegra was not only not in the game at launch, but not otherwise the first downloadable character. INJUSTICE! [/fist shake]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:24 am  Post subject: Re: Mega Info Thread - Please Read Before Posting  
whoozwah wrote:
Okay. Here's the list of what imo are the most laid back, hazard free riding experiences in the game.

Alaska – Foraker: Lock Jaw
Alps – Vorassay: Beyond the Fall
Alps – Vorassay: The Hammer
Himalayas – Makalu: Serenity
New Zealand – Mount Wakefield: Bulldog
New Zealand – Mount Wakefield: Mornin’ Tiger
Rockies – Whitehorn Mountain: Curnoe’s Moustache
Rockies – Whitehorn Mountain: JT2
Siberia – Boris: The Big Show

Hazards but nothing overly terrible

Alaska – Silverthrone: Pan (starts off with ledge hazards for about the first 15-20 seconds but then it opens up with no more hazards)
Alaska – Silverthrone: Unsanctioned (same as Pan)
Alaska – Foraker: The Dilemma (avalanches can start but they're very light and you can outrun them or take the high line while tricking)
Antarctica – Mount Craddock: Root Down (there is a cold survival element here but it's not that serious. There's generally plenty of sunlight.)
Himalayas – Chomo Lonzo: Bear Claw (this one says it needs a wingsuit but it really doesn't. It's just a very vertical run. Really fun.)
Patagonia – Cerro Pollone: Blackbox (needs wingsuit but only in a few spots. Generally pretty open. May take you 1 or 2 tries to fine a good line)
Patagonia – Cerro Pollone: Salient (see Blackbox)
Siberia – Kara-Oiuk: Don’t Make Me (says it requires ice axes but you could prolly get away without them. Nice trick run scattered with trees.)
Siberia – Boris: Vapor Trail (very very few pits near second half of track before nuclear stations open up. Easily avoidable)

And there it is. Out of the possible 153 trick drops in this game there are 18 that don't throw environmental hazards at you at every opportunity. That might be a depressing ratio but that's more tracks than either SSX 3 or Tricky had. And once those are mastered you can start moving on to other courses.

Rule of thumb in eliminating frustration in this game is this:

Tracks that have survival drops are best played as such until you can get through them consistently with no issues. Trying to add a race or trick element to these drops before you're intimately familiar with them is not a good idea.

Thanks for the lists, been trying to make a mental note of all the "safe" tracks whilst ive been playing. Unfortunately my memory is terrible.

:thumbsup

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:23 pm  Post subject: Re: Mega Info Thread - Please Read Before Posting  
Whoa, when did the DLC become available? I hadn't played SSX in a small while, and to my surprise I'm prompted to get some new tracks and characters as a welcome, for free no less. Cool beans.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:14 pm  Post subject: Re: Mega Info Thread - Please Read Before Posting  
last Tuesday

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 3 of 5 [ 102 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5