Forum to discuss the upcoming entry in the SSX series
Post a reply

Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:22 pm

we need a master run vid of that Griff battle pronto~ (or should i say I need it, lol)

Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:33 pm

Titan wrote:we need a master run vid of that Griff battle pronto~ (or should i say I need it, lol)

I got my capture device set up today. I'll see what I can do. :) A little tip I appreciated was to change the camera to close, so that it doesn't zoom way far out once you get to the last part.

Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:33 pm

gondee wrote:
Titan wrote:we need a master run vid of that Griff battle pronto~ (or should i say I need it, lol)

I got my capture device set up today. I'll see what I can do. :) A little tip I appreciated was to change the camera to close, so that it doesn't zoom way far out once you get to the last part.

that would be awesome~ I'll try the camera change but i dont think i even made it to the end after like a dozen attempts, went to explore and havent gone back to WT since~ :lol :heh

Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:49 pm

That's a good thing. Power up Zoe and get her to a higher level and it will be easier to beat Griff. :thumbsup But dont' get me wrong dude, it's frustrating as all get out. Just ask vix - I tore her earhole a new one with all my cussing. :lol

Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:23 pm

uh, dumb question: Can someone explain to me how to embed youtube videos here?

Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:42 pm

Put the link in between youtube tags like this:

Code:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPoHPNeU9fc[youtube]

It's really important to remember to cutoff any extra stuff at the end. Sometimes that keeps the youtube code from working. Also, youtu.be URLs won't work. :no

Also, I've added a new BBCode for HD Youtube videos, just add "hd" onto the end of the youtube bbcode:

Code:
[youtubehd]Link to Video[/youtubehd]

Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:47 pm

hey thanks man, and yes, i've been watching that trailer nonstop since yesterday. CAPTAIN AMERICA FTW

Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:02 am

For Titan :cheers

Grudge Match on Death Zone: 3:02.81

Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:03 am

I'm not sure if this qualifies, but It's my fastest run so far.

Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:21 am

gondee wrote:Power up Zoe and get her to a higher level and it will be easier to beat Griff. :thumbsup

Wait, I'm confused; in a separate thread I thought it was said that you can't customize your gear in the grudge match:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=9960

I also thought that a Level 10 rider is only as good as his/her board and gear; i.e. a Level 10 rider using a Level 4 Board is no better than a Level 4 rider using a Level 4 board.

I gave up on the grudge match against Griff. Now I have Zoe up to Level 10; if I go back and try again, will I do better since Zoe's Level 10, or not?

Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:35 am

poach wrote:
gondee wrote:Power up Zoe and get her to a higher level and it will be easier to beat Griff. :thumbsup

Wait, I'm confused; in a separate thread I thought it was said that you can't customize your gear in the grudge match:
http://merqurycity.com/ssx_forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=9960

I also thought that a Level 10 rider is only as good as his/her board and gear; i.e. a Level 10 rider using a Level 4 Board is no better than a Level 4 rider using a Level 4 board.

I gave up on the grudge match against Griff. Now I have Zoe up to Level 10; if I go back and try again, will I do better since Zoe's Level 10, or not?
I dont think it will matter it looks like everything you use in the grudgematch is set including the board.

Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:50 am

SneakyLeroy, 38mil, Zombies with Jetpacks

SneakyLeroy, 92 mil, Serenity

Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:25 am

Okay, the Master Runs section has been updated. I included runs from the start of the game and didn't worry about the demo. You can view the different runs here:

videos.php?c=15

:cheers

Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:43 pm

Here is my JT2 run without wingsuit (1:33.63)

Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:43 pm

Sorry for a double post but here is my master run on Old School :)

Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:10 pm

Last 2 Hit, the legit line. I have gone into the 47's on this line but here's a video.

Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:16 pm

Th3 Apache Dog wrote:Sorry for a double post but here is my master run on Old School :)

:lol Love your song, Apache Dog. :lol

All 3 have been added to the Master Runs. :cheers

Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:23 pm

gondee wrote:
Th3 Apache Dog wrote:Sorry for a double post but here is my master run on Old School :)

:lol Love your song, Apache Dog. :lol

All 3 have been added to the Master Runs. :cheers

Haha thanks I got some gems in here :P

Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:46 am

RalphBattle wrote:Last 2 Hit, the legit line. I have gone into the 47's on this line but here's a video.

Very sweet, clean run. :D

Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:10 am

One mistake at the beginning, and I'm not sure if all three rails at the end is the fastest route, but this is my best run on Mount Fuji's Area Zero. I believe a 57 is probably possible with this line, but here is a 59.56.

My first Master Run :D

Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:07 am

can someone please tell me how you guys are gridning while doing no tricks and keeping meter? Am I missing something?

Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:44 pm

Dr.Evasan wrote:

can someone please tell me how you guys are gridning while doing no tricks and keeping meter? Am I missing something?

Grinding keeps your trick combo alive. So as long as you are on a rail with full tricky it won't go away

Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:52 pm

To clarify what Apache said, even if you don't press a trick button on a rail, you're still doing a "Boardslide", which is a trick & therefore keeps your combo alive & keeps you in Super Tricky.

Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:22 pm

Not sure if I'll get higher than this. Would need someone to beat it haha Anyway Master Run for Beyond The Fall

Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:24 pm

99 Assassins Mount Fuji - 1:50.96
Some fairly significant mistakes: getting tricky at the beginning, one in the middle, and obviously the end of the race. Otherwise a very fast line I think.

Post a reply