Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:01 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:19 am  Post subject: GamesCom 2011 Questions  
Hey there guys.

I was searching the internet for an SSX fansite, and it looks like I've found the biggest of them all!

Anyway, I (Phillipe Bosher) have been chosen by EA to head to GamesCom next week, to find out about the upcoming SSX - hands-on play sessions, interviews, the lot.

While I have questions of my own, I also need questions from you guys, the community! So if there's anything you really want me to ask the SSX team, don't hesitate to let me know! You can either:

Forums - post it in this thread.
Twitter - send me a message at @pabosher (Tag it #SSX!)
E-mail - ssxgamescom2011@gmail.com

Thanks, I hope you enjoy the eventual coverage and do your part to get involved!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:17 am  Post subject: Re: GamesCom 2011 Questions  
XBL: KKBox
Will the remaining characters to be revealed (like Eddie) be DLC or will they ship as part of the original game?

Also, you might try posting this in the SSX 2012 forum under the Gravitude Lounge section. You will get more replies that way!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:34 am  Post subject: Re: GamesCom 2011 Questions  
Dude congrats! Thanks for coming here and asking us for questions too; I'm glad that you'll be going and representing us all.

My biggest question is: Will there be any character customization outside of gear? e.g. clothes, hair, make-up, etc.

I'll compile a list of more questions, but that's the big one for me.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:06 am  Post subject: Re: GamesCom 2011 Questions  
PSN: CharmyDweeng
When are they planning on releasing more gameplay footage?

Are they willing to change some of the appearences of characters since the majority of the fanbase isn’t pleased with them?

Will there be ay old SSX tracks in the game?

Will there be any interaction between characters during races?

Can they tell us about Geotags?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:04 pm  Post subject: Re: GamesCom 2011 Questions  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
This topic will get the most attention in the SSX 2012 forum. Moved.

Welcome Speedy!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:33 pm  Post subject: Re: GamesCom 2011 Questions  
XBL: zXSpH B3ASTXz
how many racers will there be on a race track?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:34 pm  Post subject: Re: GamesCom 2011 Questions  
Congratulations, you are one lucky person. And welcome to the site. You any familiar with the series yourself or?

By the way, some questions so you have a library to choose from.

Any news on Local Multiplayer?

A follow-up to Citylight:
Quote:
My biggest question is: Will there be any character customization outside of gear? e.g. clothes, hair, make-up, etc.

If no, how will the same riders be visually different in multiplayer?
If yes, to what extent will we see non-performance altering customization? (might be answered by Citys question in itself.

How much exclusive content will the game see at release? How will this Exclusive content be distributed (Collectors editions, Pre-order content, platform exclusives, fansite exclusives *hint*hint*)

I'll come back with more if I come up with more

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:08 pm  Post subject: Re: GamesCom 2011 Questions  
SSXuberfan#1 wrote:
Will the remaining characters to be revealed (like Eddie) be DLC or will they ship as part of the original game?

Also, you might try posting this in the SSX 2012 forum under the Gravitude Lounge section. You will get more replies that way!

Thanks for the advice! I thought about it initially, but wasn't sure which board received more views. I saw this had more topics, so went here. :) If a mod wants to move this, feel free! EDIT: Noticed it has already been moved. Jeeze, you guys are efficient!

And thanks for the questions, guys. Make sure to also send some to me via Twitter if it's last minute (ie. Wednesday onwards) as I will always have Twitter, not always this site :)

And as for my affiliation with the series... Well, I wrote this when I was applying to be EA's SSX guy. :) http://paradisegamed.wordpress.com/2011/08/05/a-post-i-wrote-in-my-application-to-be-eas-ssx-and-sims-guy-at-gamescom-2011/

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:47 pm  Post subject: Re: GamesCom 2011 Questions  
XBL: Kaavyn
Congrats dude, hope you have a blast there :)

Most of my questions are already answered in this thread, everything else they probably won't answer lol.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:08 pm  Post subject: Re: GamesCom 2011 Questions  
Kav wrote:
Congrats dude, hope you have a blast there :)

Most of my questions are already answered in this thread, everything else they probably won't answer lol.

Hey, try me! I've done this interviewing lark once or twice before, you'd be surprised at what people will admit when they're relaxed :)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:17 pm  Post subject: Re: GamesCom 2011 Questions  
PSN: CharmyDweeng
Was the character voting really fake?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:22 pm  Post subject: Re: GamesCom 2011 Questions  
XBL: zXSpH B3ASTXz
are all the tracks back country?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:07 pm  Post subject: Re: GamesCom 2011 Questions  
PSN: martymcflyy85
Will you be able to assign custom music to each track you board down? Like if there are really 70 plus tracks, will we be able to assign a song to each track? So that song would play no matter what character comes down that mountain? Or will the custom music just be random?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:08 pm  Post subject: Re: GamesCom 2011 Questions  
PSN: Ghost_Holista
Has there been any progress on Voice Actors?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:30 pm  Post subject: Re: GamesCom 2011 Questions  
What frame rate are they aiming for?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:33 pm  Post subject: Re: GamesCom 2011 Questions  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Are there going to be replays?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:37 pm  Post subject: Re: GamesCom 2011 Questions  
Attack Duck Owner
PSN: VixDiesel
Will the characters be changed at any point?

Will there be some sort of customization?

Autolog?

Leaderboards?

Local Multi?

Will there be DLC?

That's all I got for now.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:05 pm  Post subject: Re: GamesCom 2011 Questions  
PSN: Classic_Beauty21
Hey SpeedyDesiato, welcome and congrats on the trip! Hope ya'll enjoy yourself here and in your trip. :china

I'll throw in my questions for you now.

Will we get more info on the light story/plot soon?
Will characters have a new uber trick signature or just a one returning one?

I only have two, lol. Everybody else pretty much asked any questions I had. Thanks SpeedyDesiato!

Yes I have a masters degree on ssxology, doc.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:22 pm  Post subject: Re: GamesCom 2011 Questions  
Attack Duck Owner
PSN: VixDiesel
What will the story entail?

Will there be a statue of Batty in the game somewhere?

Mount Battymore?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:26 pm  Post subject: Re: GamesCom 2011 Questions  
XBL: Bildi
citylights wrote:

That's my biggest question too.

Also, is the shockwave still in, and if so, does it still have the awkward pause (or "time dilation effect" as Todd Batty put it :D)

Thanks a lot for asking us about questions SpeedyDesiato. Hope you have an awesome time. :)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:28 pm  Post subject: Re: GamesCom 2011 Questions  
Yeah thanks SpeedyDesiato for coming here and offering to ask our questions!! Means a lot!! My questions are already asked in this topic, so I hope they get answered lol!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:27 am  Post subject: Re: GamesCom 2011 Questions  
Will there be a downloadable demo?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:55 am  Post subject: Re: GamesCom 2011 Questions  
Thanks guys, great questions - keep them coming!

I guess I should also add that if you want up-to-date information on what's going on, follow me on Twitter! I'll be posting videos, pictures, thoughts etc all week, and using the #eaukgc2011 tag. I'll be seeing Todd on Wednesday, so if you're following and suddenly get the urge to say something to Todd, just @reply me!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:56 am  Post subject: Re: GamesCom 2011 Questions  
PSN: jonipooon
I want to ask the same question as vix did.

Where will they place the Todd Batty statue in the game?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:08 am  Post subject: Re: GamesCom 2011 Questions  
Nice one Speedy ;)

You can follow all the action at http://www.ea.com/uk/ssx news article wise, and #eaukgc2011 on Twitter too!

Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 3 [ 57 posts ]  1, 2, 3