Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:16 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:17 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX Community Event Wrap Up  
Excellent write-up and excellent news Gondee! Cheers! :cheers I may have to dig up my cryo tank now to make 2012 arrive sooner...

Off topic, there's a quote that strikes me as weird (It's apparently not yours, so relax):
"Make Awesome Easy, and make Oh My God Really Hard". To my non-native-english brain "awesome" is something that inspires awe. Surely that ought to be at least on par with "Oh My God"? (Or at least it would be if you englishy people didn't keep over-using your superlatives :D )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rYT0YvQ3hs

Edit: Your write-up was the dog's bollocks as well, Soultron! :yes

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:23 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX Community Event Wrap Up  
Attack Duck Owner
PSN: VixDiesel
EA should send gondee a few advanced copies of the game in January. :D :wink

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:27 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX Community Event Wrap Up  
XBL: Kaavyn
Haha that'd be awesome. Then he better send me can send me a copy (right, RIGHT?)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:25 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX Community Event Wrap Up  
PSN: zenydragon
thank you gondee for your insight on the SSX (2012) Community Event. I've just recently registered with MC even though I have viewed your site from time to time. I'm most relieved to know that what I say in Merqury City is being heard in the studios at EA Canada, like they have been doing on their Facebook Fan Page (which up to now has been my lone means to talk to people about the upcoming SSX). I'm glad that the guys at EA are taking the comments that we post here and on Facebook with so much heart and implementing it into the game itself. I no longer hope that EA will make SSX (2012) into one of the best gaming experiences ever, because I know that they will. A lot of gaming companies say that they take input from their fans to heart when designing games, but few make the changes to the game itself to taylor it as much as possible to give the fans everything that they want and more like EA is doing for SSX. I could go on forever but I can rest assured that EA is doing their best to make the best SSX ever.

If any one wants to see my posts on the Facebook Fan Page, just look for the ones posted by Michael Raasch (me) or just look for the Naruto Uzumaki icon that I use for my avatar.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:12 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX Community Event Wrap Up  
PSN: martymcflyy85
I'm just thankful that "no showers" thing didn't catch on.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:00 am  Post subject: Re: SSX Community Event Wrap Up  
PSN: Clawz114
Thank you for the write-up!

I can stop worrying about whether its going to be a good game now!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:06 am  Post subject: Re: SSX Community Event Wrap Up  
Thanks for the awesome write-up gondee :thumbsup , I've been busy these days, so that's why I've read it just now.

Last updated: 2015/01/25 13:38

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:55 am  Post subject: Re: SSX Community Event Wrap Up  
gondee wrote:
We've gone viral! :lol

http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox360/ssx/news/ssx-the-hardcore-fanboy-hands-on-impressions-are-in-and-they-will-make-you-melt-with-joy/a-20110705144839737056/g-2010121275130777025

My favorite part:
Quote:
Head over to Merqury City and NeoGAF for Gondee and Soultron's full, extensive accounts and a whole stack of their personal feelings

I LOVE YOU GUYS!! :cry :cry :cry

=D Just wanted to say, I was kinda responsible for that :D I saw Soultron's preview posted on facebook, read that and then Gondee's, then realised it needed to get some more attention so sent a message on to one of the GR editors who I knew was a big fan of the series. That article was posted less than 12 hours later!

Hopefully it's gotten the coverage it deserves... It's now done the incredible, and made Skyrim my 2nd most anticipated game of the year!
I notice there's been word of a demo coming... but only in thread titles, I haven't seen any actual information. Is there any rough date for that?

P.S. Gondee: I sent you a message through PSN as well, then managed to remember my old username anyway >_< sorry about that!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:38 am  Post subject: Re: SSX Community Event Wrap Up  
PSN: CharmyDweeng
If you guys have any questions you'd like me to ask gondee, Tunes, or Sick One on the Ubercast, post them here before 6 PM EST today!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:53 am  Post subject: Re: SSX Community Event Wrap Up  
Despite having quite a few different locations in the game, will we still have decent length peak runs to freeride? The 30-minute Big Mountain ride was one of the most Zen experiences I have EVER had, and that's pretty much the only thing I'm worried about for the new game.

Also, with the satellite scan-based mountains coming in, is there a decent chance of regular DLC/free track updates? Having whole new mountains to ride, even if they're not covered in events but just a chance to ride down a mountain any way you want, would be amazing.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:57 am  Post subject: Re: SSX Community Event Wrap Up  
PSN: sparkness08
gondee wrote:
writeup...

Superb, honest and well thought out post. If this game doesn't deliver (not that I have any doubt), I'll eat my hat (twice). Glad you enjoyed yourselves. Secure.

https://ssx.ozmonet.com/user/275926760

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:36 am  Post subject: Re: SSX Community Event Wrap Up  
PSN: jonipooon
g, thanks for the amazing wrap up. I really appreciated reading it, and smiled from first to last sentence. :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:14 am  Post subject: Re: SSX Community Event Wrap Up  
Nate-In-The-Flesh
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX: Overall: #3
PSN: grandmort
Awesome write-up G, the event sounds like it was a blast for you guys and from what you wrote I can tell this SSX is definitely shaping up to be THE game of early 2012.
Can't wait to hear and read more as we move toward release, after your wrap-up I'm now really, really curious about the controls and trick system... This game is going to be a blast!

Great job and congrats to all Merqury City members that were invited.

:)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:28 am  Post subject: Re: SSX Community Event Wrap Up  
PSN: jonipooon
:jawdrop

Legendary moment...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:31 am  Post subject: Re: SSX Community Event Wrap Up  
Nate-In-The-Flesh
  • SSX: Overall: #3
PSN: grandmort
:china

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:11 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX Community Event Wrap Up  
Grandmort, it's nice to see you around again. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:06 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX Community Event Wrap Up  
Classic Killa
  • SSX: Showoff: #2
Wow, how exciting! I've been so out of the loop. Great read, I'm pretty hyped now.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:03 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX Community Event Wrap Up  
Awesome write-up, Gondee. Also, excellent job to all of the MerquryCity group who attended. Love how Todd Batty was willing to take the time to reply to questions provided by Sick One (reminds me of the old GameFaqs post following your previous EA visit to see SSX 3 in production).

Have to admit, reading your post and seeing much of the info for SSX 2012 has gotten me pretty optimistic for this game release. Particularly liked how you described the ease in learning the controls and how it allows flexibility for both casual and hardcore player alike. Also, it's terrific to see that signature player ubertricks will likely be making an reappearance. From a game character standpoint, I'm hoping that in-game character designs and voice acting will reflect the same level of passion and quality that appears to be present in the other areas of the game.

Anyway, terrific work as always, Gondee! :thumbsup Eagerly looking forward to future details you and the others will be able to provide us as the release date comes closer.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Jump to:  

Information
Page 3 of 3 [ 68 posts ]  1, 2, 3