Switch to full style
Forum to discuss the upcoming entry in the SSX series
Post a reply

Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:32 pm

I've started playing SSX 2012 again after a couple of years hiatus. My PS3 broke and I didn't replace it. Then a couple of months ago I found I was missing the game so got another console. Got right back into the game .... even started beating my old records (not in Survive It though - can't be bothered to redo those). I'm much better on a wingsuit than I was 2 years ago.

Anyway - I'm getting a ton of messages on PSN from other players telling me I'm 'cheating'.... or I'm a 'fag' for using a w/s.
Some of these msgs are quite aggressive - full of profane language. I'm getting a few a week atm.

My questions are- - - - - -> is this normal these days? Do others get them? How do you deal with them? Do you just ignore them or do you report them?

How can you cheat on SSX anyway???? Is it even possible? I gather that most of these people are inferior players who don't like being beaten. Or just trolls perhaps.

I don't mind people questioning my ability ... I draw the line at foul and aggressive language. Or maybe I'm just too sensitive these days.

Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:02 pm

Hi Chrome-- I used to get "cheating" messages all the time. Now, it is fairly rare--although a few are directed at me occasionally.
So, I do not think it is "normal". I'm not sure it's even possible to cheat--although I am sure there is probably a way.
I would chalk it off to others incapable of matching or beating your scores. I haven't noticed a trend in more cheating or harassing messages. It's too bad that others resort to this behavior. :( See you on the slopes! --KR

Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:50 am

Hello guys! There aren't cheat on this game, just some silly trick which permits to get high scores and i never seen someone really cheating. There are a time when i received a lot of messages saying i was cheating (mainly in tricks event).When is like that, at first, i say that is not possible to cheat (maybe if it could i think), then explain how i got that, thanks to what, give him tricks, videos for help him. After that, either it understand, either it don't want to understand and in that case, i give up. If cheat was possible, cheaters could get 1 billion in trick it or 10 billions meters on Survive it.
But they just don't play this game enough to understand all that. Now i feel people want to know how we get all these amazing scores, times instead say nonsense and i'm ready to help people.

Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:48 am

Thanks for replies :) . I had some good messages via PSN too.

The hilarious thing is - compared to the top players I'm really extremely average. Have you seen LucasRaffael1290's scores/ times? Man that cat is unreal.
00:57:09 on Trickypedia for instance - compared to my 1:21.
If I'm a cheat then I'm not a very good one :lol

I must admit - I'm not a great fan of the exploits and glitches .... and the death finishes etc. I suppose you might view them as 'cheating' in a very elastic definition of the word. I think they have spoilt some of the drops... but maybe that's a discussion for another day.

See u on the slopes :woot

Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:18 am

Here's a charming example that I received yesterday evening while I was playing: titled 'gayboy' "Addicted NOOOOOOOOB Die".
:lol
That is quite funny I suppose, maybe apart from the 'die' bit. He probably thinks he's bullying a child - not a near-enough 60 year old man. Which makes him weak and pathetic ... no?

Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:07 am

:no PATHETIC! Indeed. Maybe a better, or more appropriate message would have been: "How do you get such hi trick scores? " -or- "How are your racing times so fast?"
Just last night, I received a message from another rider after a relatively good trick run on JT2: "How did you get 47 on Whitehorn? Am I missing something??"
I responded with a few basic tips, but I'm sure he wasn't expecting an ACTUAL reply with playing tips! Maybe he fully expected that he was "busting" me? for cheating?? Not really sure--however, I never heard back from him after sending some basic trick tips.
me: "uhhhh....You're Welcome" . Ugh. :shrug
See you on the slopes!! --KR

Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:59 am

I have gotten plenty of hate like that over the years :-\

Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:44 pm

I get mad hate for my survival scores lol, almost all are at least 500k descent with a aroaki at 1M and people swear up and down I used a bot. Haha. Good times, good times.

Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:11 am

Take it as a compliment, reply thanks if you need some tips or help direct them here.

I call it fanmail.
Post a reply