Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:35 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Which Control Scheme do U use?
Classic Controls 38%  38%  [ 6 ]
Normal Controls-Right Stick 19%  19%  [ 3 ]
Normal Controls-Buttons 38%  38%  [ 6 ]
Normal Controls-Right Stick and Buttons 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
I don't have SSX 2012 for some reason :-( 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 16
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:42 pm  Post subject: Do you play with classic controls or normal controls?  
XBL: PeacefulJarl379
^^^

I play with norm, i just can't get used to the classic controls with 2 triggers and 2 bumpers. (ps2 had 4 "bumpers")

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:01 pm  Post subject: Re: Do you play with classic controls or normal controls?  
XBL: crispaholic
PSN: krispaholik
depends, wingsuit classic due to jump/ws same button and can be utterly abused :) for race/trick standard.

Follow me on Twitter
Check out my latest and best on Youtube

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:57 pm  Post subject: Re: Do you play with classic controls or normal controls?  
PSN: MistressWiggle
Classic. First thing I did was revert them to what I'm used too. New controls are just hideous.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:06 pm  Post subject: Re: Do you play with classic controls or normal controls?  
NA wrote:
Classic. First thing I did was revert them to what I'm used too.

If i was on PS3 that would work, but i am on 360.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:38 pm  Post subject: Re: Do you play with classic controls or normal controls?  
PSN: Emu90
Like NA. Classic on Day 1. I think it's more of a habit, because Classic controls are NOT easy to learn and there are no good tutorials because the tutorial in SSX 2012 is only programmed for normal controls (go figure). I guess they thought everybody playing classic already knows how it works.

The way I learned Classic controls is in SSX Tricky Trick Tutorial where you could learn every single move. It took a while. Lots of frustration figuring out how to do a fast backflip and all that. I think to new players, the Normal controls make more sense. They are a mix of SSX On Tour and Tony Hawk controls.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:43 am  Post subject: Re: Do you play with classic controls or normal controls?  
I use normal controls with the buttons because I played SSX3 on the OG xbox and that's how the default controls were set up on that since there weren't 4 shoulder buttons on that controller.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:09 pm  Post subject: Re: Do you play with classic controls or normal controls?  
I use normal with buttons because i never had a ps2 ssx game, but i want ssx classic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:58 pm  Post subject: Re: Do you play with classic controls or normal controls?  
PSN: Classic_Beauty21
Normal controls using the right stick plus buttons. I'm actually surprised no one has voted on that one yet. I think the new controls feel more natural for this "new" SSX game. The classic controls are okay. It took me a while to master, but I learned to be good with them. Then I just went back to using the new controls with the right stick and buttons. Those controls just feel like they were made for me. <3

Plus, I had SSX for GameCube, not PS2. So there's that, too.

Yes I have a masters degree on ssxology, doc.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:59 am  Post subject: Re: Do you play with classic controls or normal controls?  
XBL: I am minne
PSN: I__AM__MINE
Classic from the start =]

PeacefulJarl379 wrote:
NA wrote:
Classic. First thing I did was revert them to what I'm used too.

If i was on PS3 that would work, but i am on 360.

This confuses me.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:22 am  Post subject: Re: Do you play with classic controls or normal controls?  
OK, what I meant was there are triggers in the 360, making it harder for me to bust stuff out, and since I used L1+L2+R1+R2 mosst of the time and that is Walking the Dog and not normal trick, and it is harder for me to boost, and I NEED boost. OK U GOT IT?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:14 pm  Post subject: Re: Do you play with classic controls or normal controls?  
PSN: Uiabird
I use the normal controls although I might have mild carpel tunnel from that. My fingers hurt like a mug after I finish a few runs! :eek

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:56 pm  Post subject: Re: Do you play with classic controls or normal controls?  
PSN: Emu90
The Normal controls with right stick remind me of SSX On Tour. They are definitely doable. :yes But, wow this game came out 3 years ago.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ]