Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:04 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:54 am  Post subject: Mysterious pipe on Mt Wakefield  
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX (2012): Survival: #2
  • Overall Best Players: Survival: #2
PSN: chromemaps
Racing on Morning Tiger Mt Wakefield (NZ) and avoiding the right hand short cut I ride near the dam and take a hard right over the very steep part of the high mountain.
Coming down the other side.... about half-way down there's a pipe sticking out of the mountain side.

So - I get a wingsuit and managed to fly into the pipe. With full boost I managed to ride right up inside the pipe.
Tantaliizingly (because it's very icy) I couldn't quite get right up to the other end. I could see out though - and it comes out at part of the dam somewhere.

Sorry if this has been asked before - I couldn't see any reference to it anywhere.

My question is - has anybody ridden up/ or down this pipe? What is its purpose? It looks like it should be a shortcut - but I can't see where the start of it could be :shrug

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:48 pm  Post subject: Re: Mysterious pipe on Mt Wakefield  
PSN: SledDawg_KR
Hi Chrome--
If it's the same pipe you are talking about, I entered it from the other end!
Sounds like where you entered is where I exited.
Anyway, I (accidentally) entered the drain on the far right-hand side of the dam as you approach the dam from above.
After entering the drain, i followed the pipe for some time until it exited out the side of the mountain--still pretty high up on the mountain.
Sounds like it's the same exit you entered sticking out the side of the mountain.
It didn't seem like it was in any way a shortcut, but I WAS surprised at how high up on the mountain I was when I exited the drain.
Perhaps this is the one you speak of??

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:38 pm  Post subject: Re: Mysterious pipe on Mt Wakefield  
I'll have to check that out. The description reminded me of that one tunnel in Pipedream of the first SSX. It was this pointless icy tunnel that had some kind of secret entrance. Actually I can't even remember how you enter it right now. I discovered it from the exit end and tried riding it up to see where it begins. Maybe this one is like a homage? lol. Or just for fun. Did Tricky have that secret tunnel in Pipedream? I never played it much

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:59 pm  Post subject: Re: Mysterious pipe on Mt Wakefield  
You've gotta hit that weird switch on the back of the half pipe and fall into the ground, it's at 8:53 in this vid:

:heh

Don't think I've seen that pipe before chrome, but I'll have to remember to check it out this weekend!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:45 am  Post subject: Re: Mysterious pipe on Mt Wakefield  
kfarrowatl wrote:
I (accidentally) entered the drain on the far right-hand side of the dam as you approach the dam from above.

I've never been down there. I'm going to look for it now. Many thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:22 pm  Post subject: Re: Mysterious pipe on Mt Wakefield  
Thanks for the video ʕ̡̢̡*✪௰✪ૢʔ̢̡̢ Man I gotta get a new PS2, haven't played those in years

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:06 pm  Post subject: Re: Mysterious pipe on Mt Wakefield  
PSN: SledDawg_KR
chromemaps wrote:
kfarrowatl wrote:
I (accidentally) entered the drain on the far right-hand side of the dam as you approach the dam from above.

I've never been down there. I'm going to look for it now. Many thanks.

Hi Chrome--
Let me know after you check it out if it's the one!
Ironically enough, I've been playing the game since it's release and never once entered that drain.
Last week is when I accidentally went through the entrance while tricking on Morning Tiger.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:24 pm  Post subject: Re: Mysterious pipe on Mt Wakefield  
^ Yes I always have avoided those pipes too. They are not easy to navigate. You can easily get into a swirly in them.

Anyway - you were absolutely right. It's the far right-hand pipe... and it takes you through the mountain and out the other side.

Like many things in my life... I went about this completely the wrong way. Who in their right minds tries to fly INTO a pipe sticking out of a mountain-side and then tries to boost out of the end??

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:11 pm  Post subject: Re: Mysterious pipe on Mt Wakefield  
PSN: CharmyDweeng
when i was snowflake hunting, i was really surprised that there's no snowflake hidden inside there. if i'm remembering correctly.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:52 pm  Post subject: Re: Mysterious pipe on Mt Wakefield  
Yeah so here's the tube, you can see it on the opposite mountainside in the second one

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:14 pm  Post subject: Re: Mysterious pipe on Mt Wakefield  
PSN: shimesa
Yeah, if you don't make it up the ramps, you enter the tubes...I've gone through these multiple times...:P

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:29 pm  Post subject: Re: Mysterious pipe on Mt Wakefield  
This was a daft topic and I regret starting it :dead

Anyway - I'm posting this here as i can't be bothered to start another tedious topic.
I'm having trouble with my PS3. I bought it 2nd hand over 3 years ago and it was fantastic. I must have been on it 4 - 6 hours a day for many months. Never had a problem. Not even on 6 hour+ survive it runs.

Anyway - I gave myself a break from the game for about 2 months back in the late summer.
I fired up the ps3 again..... now it will only run for about 30 - 40 minutes then it switches off. No warning, no beeping, no flashing lights of any hue.
It just goes completely off... like the power cord has been yanked out. It doesn't feel particularly hot.
After a little while I can get it back on and have to do that hard-drive restore thing and then it works ok - but only for a bit. Then it shuts down again.

So - my question is - is there any hope or solution for it? Or do I just need to buy another ps3? Is it a known problem?
I gather it must be a heat-connected issue (possibly, maybe???).

Any help? Cheers :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:12 am  Post subject: Re: Mysterious pipe on Mt Wakefield  
.... never mind my boring questions about pipes and consoles..... dig this guy's descent down a mountain on skis instead (very SSX ... Mont Blanc maybe?)
https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/world-of-sport/daredevil-skier-s-fearless-and-terrifying-run-down-mountain-chute-085110041.html?vp=1

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ]