Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:12 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:16 am  Post subject: Where is the biggest jump?  
Recently i've been looking around and I can't decide/find the biggest jump in the game. I found one on Foraker ages ago that goes off a rail, but I'm thinking there must be a bigger one.

Anyone got any?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:34 pm  Post subject: Re: Where is the biggest jump?  
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX (2012): Survival: #2
  • Overall Best Players: Survival: #2
PSN: chromemaps
Yes, I've always wondered about the biggest jump.
imo - either Patagonia Cerro Pollone (massive right-hand jump about halfway down)
or
New Zealand Mt Wakefield (left hand jump/ shortcut)

2 candidates anyway :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:43 pm  Post subject: Re: Where is the biggest jump?  
PSN: CurryBrace
My vote is for 99 Assassins, I think, where if you go left and above the caves there's a huge jump. I might be mixing up my Japan level names though.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:07 am  Post subject: Re: Where is the biggest jump?  
CurryBrace wrote:
My vote is for 99 Assassins, I think, where if you go left and above the caves there's a huge jump. I might be mixing up my Japan level names though.

Damn, just tried this and realised that if you stay out of the caves to the left, there are massive jumps everywhere :O

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:23 am  Post subject: Re: Where is the biggest jump?  
XBL: movildima
Try the one on Code Blue. :D (It's a bug in the map). Near the finish to the right there's a place where you can land. Carve carefully to the right and voila', infinite fall activated! :cheers

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:59 am  Post subject: Re: Where is the biggest jump?  
movildima wrote:
Try the one on Code Blue. :D (It's a bug in the map). Near the finish to the right there's a place where you can land. Carve carefully to the right and voila', infinite fall activated! :cheers

Cant find the jump... and I really want to. Any videos? :shrug

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 8:50 am  Post subject: Re: Where is the biggest jump?  
XBL: dontrun letkill
PSN: fishsticks4u
Can't remember where it was, but hit like 30 flips the other day :/

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 6:25 pm  Post subject: Re: Where is the biggest jump?  
XBL: ChaoticJ 202
PSN: Lunar_Nobis
hmm I remember a pretty big one over on Area Zero (or one of the Fuji runs either way) but you know that giant open section by the end there is this pretty big jump that I managed to get a 18x flip with my lvl. 14 Kaori (just my thought)

CurryBrace wrote:

edit: that's the one!

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 10:59 am  Post subject: Re: Where is the biggest jump?  
SSX (2012): Racing: #1SSX (2012): Overall: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 4
  • Overall Best Players: #3
  • SSX (2012): Racing: #1
  • SSX (2012): Overall: #1
  • Overall Best Players: Racing: #2
PSN: RadicalPlayer
Meow ._.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGvx39hCXpY&feature=youtu.be

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 4:40 am  Post subject: Re: Where is the biggest jump?  
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX (2012): Survival: #2
  • Overall Best Players: Survival: #2
PSN: chromemaps
RadicalPlayer wrote:

Tasty!! Nearly 12 million points from one jump!! :woot

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 5:19 am  Post subject: Re: Where is the biggest jump?  
I think its possible to get a x38 if I leaned more towards the left, and I don't think theres any other place to get a x34 or higher other than this map :P

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 11:36 am  Post subject: Re: Where is the biggest jump?  
RadicalPlayer wrote:

Holy crap thats incredible! Thank you sooooo much :woot

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 5:01 pm  Post subject: Re: Where is the biggest jump?  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
I missed that - that's nuts! So awesome! :D

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 4:01 am  Post subject: Re: Where is the biggest jump?  
Thanks guys :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:57 pm  Post subject: Re: Where is the biggest jump?  
XBL: mahkraFUD
34 backflips --> 357,000 points
15.5 second AYCE --> 121,077 points
mostly tweaked --> 115,578 points
1 insane jump --> priceless!

or maybe 593,655.1 points... x20 = 11,873,102

If you count the other x20 earned when the combo was banked, that's 23,746,204 points -- very nearly 90% of your total points for the entire run -- from one jump!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:32 am  Post subject: Re: Where is the biggest jump?  
Whoa, thanks for breaking it down. ;)
Never really understood how the point scheme really worked, and are flips really the backbone of all the points?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:55 pm  Post subject: Re: Where is the biggest jump?  
RadicalPlayer wrote:
are flips really the backbone of all the points?
Yes, but only because you got way too much air and basically broke the scoring system.

At first, it looks like flips are worth a lot more points than grabs:

But this is un-tweaked. Tweaking seems to basically double the grab points (but it's calculated frame-by-frame, and at least the first bit of the grab isn't tweaked, so it's not quite so simple) and if you look at flip points vs. tweaked grab points, you'll see it's more of an even split:

However, the exact split varies over time. For grabs shorter than about 5 seconds, which likely accounts for the vast majority of jumps in the game, the tweaked grab is worth more points than the flips. But you'll see that after 5 seconds, flips start to be worth more. When you get completely insane air and extend this another 5-10 seconds, flips end up being worth a lot more than the tweaked grab:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:52 pm  Post subject: Re: Where is the biggest jump?  
XBL: ChaoticJ 202
PSN: Lunar_Nobis
mahkra wrote:
RadicalPlayer wrote:
are flips really the backbone of all the points?
Yes, but only because you got way too much air and basically broke the scoring system.

At first, it looks like flips are worth a lot more points than grabs:

But this is un-tweaked. Tweaking seems to basically double the grab points (but it's calculated frame-by-frame, and at least the first bit of the grab isn't tweaked, so it's not quite so simple) and if you look at flip points vs. tweaked grab points, you'll see it's more of an even split:

However, the exact split varies over time. For grabs shorter than about 5 seconds, which likely accounts for the vast majority of jumps in the game, the tweaked grab is worth more points than the flips. But you'll see that after 5 seconds, flips start to be worth more. When you get completely insane air and extend this another 5-10 seconds, flips end up being worth a lot more than the tweaked grab:

wow....just wow
I've never seen someone break it down that much in detail

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:58 pm  Post subject: Re: Where is the biggest jump?  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
That's mahkra! For the record, he's the one who created the stats section of the FAQ and also helped correct the scoreboard and make the ranking system much more fair. :cheers <-- to mahkra

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:15 pm  Post subject: Re: Where is the biggest jump?  
Oh wow, I didn't see this until yet.
Seems very interesting, I was wondering how exactly this all worked, although something doesn't seem right, (unless I'm interpreting this incorrectly), that it takes +9 seconds to reach 1,000,000 points? On average it takes about 7 flips (with a x20 multiplier) - sometimes 6 with luck, which is equivalent to 4-5 seconds (6 max). I'm not sure exactly how the points were calculated here, could a third variable be the trick type to bring the total to 1,000,000?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:25 pm  Post subject: Re: Where is the biggest jump?  
The graph is showing base points, not counting any multiplier (except for the bonus to the grab from tweaking). So a 1-million-points-banked (at x20) trick would have a base score of 50k, which looks to be around 4 seconds on the graph. (Roughly 25k from the flips + 25k from the tweaked grab.)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:32 am  Post subject: Re: Where is the biggest jump?  
Ahhh I see, I assumed that this was all multiplied by x20 in the first place. Thanks for the time and effort put into making this Mahkra :thumbsup

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 22 posts ]