Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:46 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:00 am  Post subject: Changing profile 360 v. ps3  
PSN: stripmallpaul
Maybe an odd question but me and my wife like to play SSX together and try to beat each other's scores or times and we have it on PS3. IN order to change profiles we have to quit the game and log in as the other profile and restart the game. It takes a couple minutes and is really annoying.

We also have a xbox and I was wondering if its different on the 360. Can you just change profiles and have the other player log in while still in the game or do you have to quit the game and restart and reload the game again like on the PS3?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:40 am  Post subject: Re: Changing profile 360 v. ps3  
XBL: Joshie2499
PSN: Joshie2499
To answer your question... The answer is you cannot use two different profiles whilst on PS3/PSN. The console can only play on one profile at a time, no matter how many controllers you have. On XBOX, it's a different story.

For XBOX, you can play on the same console while using different profiles connected to different controllers. The only thing is that if you're playing online, you'll need another profile with gold membership. Other than that, you can use offline profiles but this blocks you from using the internet for both profiles. I believe for SSX on XBOX, you'll have to restart the game and play with the one profile you want to choose.
If you sign out of the existing profile whilst on one controller, you'll be sent to the main menu on the other profile but this is for XBOX. For PS3, you'll have to exit the game and switch profiles. If you mean like PSN accounts then that would work but if it's offline then I believe you'd need to exit and switch profiles.

Bummer. :frusty

Click to reveal hidden content: show
SSX doesn't have multiplayer though unless you're playing on two of the same consoles on LAN. But anyway...

If you have two of the same console, then it's possible to create a custom global event together using LAN (Local Access Network). This may require the internet but I'm not sure about if you need an actual PSN/XBOX account because it's only linked to your network(router, server, etc.)

That's the best I can actually add onto here, not sure if this helps you but I hope this will assist you with your problem. :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:32 am  Post subject: Re: Changing profile 360 v. ps3  
PSN: stripmallpaul
Thanks for the detailed description. I think I may try it on the Xbox now. I really appreciate the help.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]